Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Library_gremlin said:

Just had the weirdest experience. Everyone's heard of viewbombing, but I’ve never experienced someone taking my eggs OUT of the ER. 

Did you have any fogged?  That would explain it.

3 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Did you have any fogged?  That would explain it.

I did not. 

28 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

im with 0x08 on this, XD  i wonder if it was an accident...

So weird. 

I think they hope to kill by not enough views ? OR think they are helping because you have what they see as too many ?

3 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

Just had the weirdest experience. Everyone's heard of viewbombing, but I’ve never experienced someone taking my eggs OUT of the ER. 

I have had that experience a few times. Not nice, frustrating, but better than view-bombing. 

The other possibility would be an egg received in trade that in a site later updated by the trader. If they're clearing eggs which had previously been on their scroll, it might inadvertently remove them from the hatchery even if they are now on your scroll.

3 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

I have had that experience a few times. Not nice, frustrating, but better than view-bombing. 

The other possibility would be an egg received in trade that in a site later updated by the trader. If they're clearing eggs which had previously been on their scroll, it might inadvertently remove them from the hatchery even if they are now on your scroll.

Good point. 

Edited by Library_gremlin

Out of curiosity, can Amphipteres be bred with other dragon types, or can they only breed with other Amphipteres?  (I know two-headed dragons can only breed with other two-headed dragons, but I can't remember if there were further breeding rules.

5 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Out of curiosity, can Amphipteres be bred with other dragon types, or can they only breed with other Amphipteres?  (I know two-headed dragons can only breed with other two-headed dragons, but I can't remember if there were further breeding rules.

There are three limited-breeding types: Two-heads can only breed with two-heads, pygmies can only breed with pygmies, and drakes can only breed with drakes. All other types can interbreed.

This is going to sound like a silly question but, what is the earliest time a hatchie can gender and approx how many views do you need to achieve?

I ran out of precogs and have a few conditional keeps Id rather get a red or green light for keeping sooner rather than later, but would feel bad using up everyone elses Aeons because of my poor prep XD 

They are low 5 days so shouldnt be long but more for future reference. Thanks!

— 

Edit: Thanks everyone for your input! I have had terrible luck this year with gender lottos it seems XD Heres to hoping some of the others go right.

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

Anyone have an idea when the current Halloween wall might end?

I know the eggs currently dropping there are from the 31st so near the end of the line before the potential New Release wall...but I'm itching to go back to AP hunting other breeds (yes, that one line of non Holiday eggs is nice, but I'm having no luck finding what I want XD)

It really depends on how many people bred their dragons on Halloween. I bred mine near midnight, so when they come up I will know that we are getting close. They are at 2d14h right now and the queue is at 2d2h, but there is no way to know how many eggs are in between.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I bred mine near midnight, so when they come up I will know that we are getting close. They are at 2d14h right now and the queue is at 2d2h

Thanks. I know there is really no way of knowing, was just looking for a ball park idea of time.

Knowing your eggs bred time, that now gives me a rough idea of when to check back.

@Ruffledfeathers Haha... that would be me yesterday evening (or night), except I didn't run out of precogs but I wanted to save my last ones. 😹 This is not very helpful I'm afraid but my incubated CBs gendered already at around six days (a bit under 3000 views, 1000 UVs is my rough estimate). However, such time wasn't low enough for any lineaged AP hatchies that I had, they didn't gender despite gaining lots of additional views. When I woke up all had around 5 days, 14 hours and they had gendered during the night.

Edited by Varislapsi

12 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

When I woke up all had around 5 days, 14 hours and they had gendered during the night

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Gealach said:

Are the colors of bred Pargulus pygmies completely random?

I believe so... never seen evidence of the contrary, at least. If you have Pargulus of all three colors, you can put your scroll in Breed sort to find out what color your new egg is. :)

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

I know the eggs currently dropping there are from the 31st so near the end of the line before the potential New Release wall

There is no New Release wall for Halloween. Unlike the other two holidays, all Halloweens are caught on the 31st so they'll be mixed in with the rest of the massive massbreed.

10 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

This is going to sound like a silly question but, what is the earliest time a hatchie can gender and approx how many views do you need to achieve?

I ran out of precogs and have a few conditional keeps Id rather get a red or green light for keeping sooner rather than later, but would feel bad using up everyone elses Aeons because of my poor prep XD 

My hatchlings are fogged from 7d0h until somewhere between 6d5h and 6d0h when I re-add then to view sites. They tend to gender between 5d14h and 5d0h, depending on the breed. Except for Zyus, I refog them because they will hatch immediately when unfogged at 4d0h with their gendering numbers.

My scroll's average stats right now are:

Overall Views - 3,782.26 per dragon

Unique Views - 677.46 per dragon

Clicks - 2.78 per dragon

My Halloween over the last few days seem to be lower OVs, 2000-3000; higher UVs, 700-900 and at least 17 of them are 0 click adults.

11 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

One of my stats:

1541471278_ScreenShot2021-11-05at4_37_19PM.png.db307a7529c2e864f8a6d070bd4042a7.png

How many groups can you have on your scroll?

Edited by Iside

17 minutes ago, Iside said:

I don't believe there's a limit. I have over a hundred...

On the other hand, you can only highlight/pin four groups at a time.

Edited by 0x08

47 minutes ago, Iside said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is unlimited. Some people have a group for each breed of dragon.