Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@The Evil Doer  Keep checking the encyclopaedia.  They aren't showing up there as a new breed yet. (No grayed-out image.) I remember when the Sunsong Amphiptere became a breed on its own, I went to look and found out I already had one that was now changed from being under a different breed so I'm collecting now for zombie fodder for the new ones.

the higher chance for making zombies at night time... that starts at 6pm cave time, right? not midnight? or is it midnight?

2 hours ago, Arcy said:

image.png.4bdf8f102b2e82e13788719680320d92.png

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

the "time until death" column and Fuzzbucket's time frames make the most sense to me for Siyats. 

all i know is that the purple ones i hatched were torture, seemingly taking forever.

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

And since incubate doesn’t work on eggs under 3 days, and isn’t necessary anyway (but cannot be done on eggs under 3 days), why have instructions such as “1 day or less with incubation”? :blink: I mean, what???

If you incubated your Siyat egg and then decide you want it to hatch into a purple Siyat, it means you need to wait until the "Time until death" reads 1 day or less for that egg. The Siyat colors are determined by the actual age of the egg, from time of creation, and incubate does not "speed up" the variation time the way it does hatching time. The egg must be five days old or older to hatch purple.

4 hours ago, missy_ said:

Several people throughout this thread have mentioned or quoted others who said that in order to hatch a blue or purple Siyat, you cannot use incubate.

When have people said this? I've never read that, only that incubating is pointless so you shouldn't use it, not that you can't.

4 hours ago, missy_ said:

And since incubate doesn’t work on eggs under 3 days, and isn’t necessary anyway (but cannot be done on eggs under 3 days), why have instructions such as “1 day or less with incubation”? :blink: I mean, what???

Because some people incubate or influence all their eggs before they look up how to mess with complicated breeds.

I think maybe in the early days people thought you couldn't incubate but it was figured out pretty fast that you could, its just a waste so people tell each other not to. It also reduces accidental greens if you just don't incubate.

I've always loved the easy chart that gives you both 'days since creation' and 'time until death' with and without incubation. Makes it all really clear. Its very much a triple check your work. People made the same 'chart' in text form and posted it often within days of the release.

Does the new sprite for the 2011 Holidays have an alt? (mostly just trying to remember if any of my SAlt relative group had the old one in their lines)

I'm operating under the assumption that there is now no alt sprite, I'd just like someone with better memory than I do to double-check.

1 hour ago, Guillotine said:

Does the new sprite for the 2011 Holidays have an alt? (mostly just trying to remember if any of my SAlt relative group had the old one in their lines)

I'm operating under the assumption that there is now no alt sprite, I'd just like someone with better memory than I do to double-check.

the old alts displayed as the Normal old sprite for a brief minute before the sprite changed. new artist doesnt have alts.

Does anyone have the old lineage tile for the 2011 Holiday dragon? I understand why the change was necessary but photoshopping is the closest I can get to the lineage I was working on

Edit: and a blank 5G checker lineage layout for me to post pictures onto 

Edited by Chaos Rider

10 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

the higher chance for making zombies at night time... that starts at 6pm cave time, right? not midnight? or is it midnight?

There isn't really a higher chance time, although we had hope when TJ changed the rules that we'd get them easier.  We didn't.  I've made them when they've been headstones. Some save tries for the 31st of the month, personally I've always saved mine for the weekend!  It's all down to luck.  I have the full set, but I won't embarrass myself here by saying how many dragons died in the process. So try a few different ways, I wish you luck!

I was just in the Alpine and saw an egg description like "Bright sparks move across this eggs shell" or some such. It was a description I'd never seen before and it isn't in the Wiki. Glitch? New egg?

New Electric description. With the breed replacements, some of the eggs got new descriptions.

1 minute ago, Oddsoxdi said:

I was just in the Alpine and saw an egg description like "Bright sparks move across this eggs shell" or some such. It was a description I'd never seen before and it isn't in the Wiki. Glitch? New egg?

It has to do with the sprite changes apparently (see news thread). I wasn't aware that descriptions had changed as well as the sprites, but wiki shows that as the description for the Electric dragon egg now.

Is there someplace that documents the search/filtration terms for adding dragons to your groups? Someone had told me there was a way to filter for just CBs, but I'm wondering if there's also a way to filter for breeding groups like two-headeds, or pygmies, without having to search each individual breed name. Thanks!

Edited by High Lord November

1 hour ago, High Lord November said:

Someone had told me there was a way to filter for just CBs,

There is? Enquiring minds would like to know?

1 minute ago, Wiz said:

There is? Enquiring minds would like to know?

When adding dragons to a group (or in the Fertility dragon selection view, which uses the same code), you can put #cb into the search box (with the hashtag) and it'll show only those dragons that are CB. That also works for #2g, #3g, et cetera.

43 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

When adding dragons to a group (or in the Fertility dragon selection view, which uses the same code), you can put #cb into the search box (with the hashtag) and it'll show only those dragons that are CB. That also works for #2g, #3g, et cetera.

That. Is. Awesome. Thank you.

11 hours ago, quinney said:

There isn't really a higher chance time, although we had hope when TJ changed the rules that we'd get them easier.  We didn't.  I've made them when they've been headstones. Some save tries for the 31st of the month, personally I've always saved mine for the weekend!  It's all down to luck.  I have the full set, but I won't embarrass myself here by saying how many dragons died in the process. So try a few different ways, I wish you luck!

This isn't true - there are 5 levels of "increased odds" for getting zombies, direct from TJ. There are indeed higher chance times. He says so in this thread, here

Edited by schenanigans

52 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

This isn't true - there are 5 levels of "increased odds" for getting zombies, direct from TJ. There are indeed higher chance times. He says so in this thread, here

All I know is that there are many here that are very disheartened with their level of (or lack of) success at any time, even on Halloween itself.  I've said many times, the only way I got the set was by killing many, many dragons over many months.

But - thank you for posting it, At least anyone wanting the official facts have them there now.

I can't remeber - does the weekly shard total run from Sunday to Sunday? Or is it on a different timeframe?

35 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I can't remeber - does the weekly shard total run from Sunday to Sunday? Or is it on a different timeframe?

Sunday thru Saturday.

@dragongrrl Thank you (was racking my brain trying to figure out if my next batch of hatching was going to mess up my shards total)