Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

amphitheatres

Gotta love auto-correct XD

Has anyone acquired a green Ciriax from the Market yet? Because it only shows the blue variant there.

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Gotta love auto-correct XD

Has anyone acquired a green Ciriax from the Market yet? Because it only shows the blue variant there.

Hmmm *buys one*

https://dragcave.net/lineage/rXPBH Nope, not green :P

At that price - nope,. no buying one !

Never mind, I finally found the info on the "Which egg is this" even though it didn't come up when I searched "vivd".  Weird.

Edited by daba555

I think I know the answer, but I'd just like to make sure... Do we know for sure that it's possible to make zombies from Market dragons? Has anyone done it? I don't know why it *wouldn't* be possible, but I'd hate to spend shards if it's not.

I don't know if this warrants its own thread, but...

I have teleport pending with a Carnia I made back on the 12th.

2112440384_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-Usedteleport.thumb.jpg.5a931c2117a059ae3e85f190520faeff.jpg2142984697_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-CarniainTeleport.thumb.jpg.7c5fa2c85a6e7eb5a62453e90b0c2f20.jpg508452691_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-ButTeleportinuse.thumb.jpg.355d9ecb651bc5be948670db4259555d.jpg 

But I checked today and...the Magi I used is available for teleporting????

1183561031_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-AllMagiAvalable.thumb.jpg.ef32b2a4dd52cad9cf85be18be517a12.jpg

In my previous experience, if a teleport is still in progress, I shouldn't be able to use that dragon.

What's going on???

???

That's odd - teleport has a 2 day CD but I really would have thought it wouldn't go back to available if it was still at work... Have you tried actually setting one up to see what happens ?

I see the same thing with my magi, I assume it just cancels the current teleport to make a new one using that same magi.

Why are Leodon dragons classed as wingless dragons rather than eastern dragons? They have similar body lengths to Lihnseyre Dragons

Edited by Chaos Rider

10 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I don't know if this warrants its own thread, but...

I have teleport pending with a Carnia I made back on the 12th.

2112440384_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-Usedteleport.thumb.jpg.5a931c2117a059ae3e85f190520faeff.jpg2142984697_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-CarniainTeleport.thumb.jpg.7c5fa2c85a6e7eb5a62453e90b0c2f20.jpg508452691_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-ButTeleportinuse.thumb.jpg.355d9ecb651bc5be948670db4259555d.jpg 

But I checked today and...the Magi I used is available for teleporting????

1183561031_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-15-AllMagiAvalable.thumb.jpg.ef32b2a4dd52cad9cf85be18be517a12.jpg

In my previous experience, if a teleport is still in progress, I shouldn't be able to use that dragon.

What's going on???

???

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's odd - teleport has a 2 day CD but I really would have thought it wouldn't go back to available if it was still at work... Have you tried actually setting one up to see what happens ?

1 hour ago, Terces said:

I see the same thing with my magi, I assume it just cancels the current teleport to make a new one using that same magi.

*makes a new teleport*

IT WORKED! AND THE OLD ONE IS STILL THERE!!!

1267329891_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-16-RepeatTradeSUCCESS2.thumb.jpg.b40c82523d8b6de54c186f147a19cb0e.jpg404858546_DragonCaveScreenshot2021-05-16-RepeatTradeSUCCESS1.thumb.jpg.8d11a5d8166ad800df65af8fd0ac1756.jpg

It looks like using a teleport is treated like a separate event. It doesn't lock the Magi out of use if the trade is still pending. I guess they just cast the spell, get taken out for 2 days, and then, can cast again, regardless of whether the first spell was successful, not successful, or still pending.

I guess it only matters if you dispel the teleport within the 2-day period (thus getting the BSA back faster), or if the teleport is successful/breaks, which uses up the spell and locks the dragon in the 2-day cooldown. 

Once teleport's cast, it's cast.

Huh...

Neat. 

21 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Why are Leodon dragons classed as wingless dragons rather than eastern dragons? They have similar body lengths to Lihnseyre Dragons

The wiki says "Though sometimes similar to eastern dragons, wingless dragons usually have a shorter and stockier torso than easterns", which seems to make sense for Leodons vs Lihnseyres. Lihnseyre definitely have a more 'flowy' serpentine-type body while Leodons are much stockier (sort of 'heavy-set' I'd say). 

Edited by HeatherMarie

12 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Leodon_adult.png vs Lihnseyre_adult.png

They don't actually have the same body type.

Leodons are stockier with larger limbs and a short torso. Lihnseyres have relatively short limbs and a longer torso. Lihnseyres also have more of the traditional Eastern features, such as the long branching antlers and "whiskers" (though they look like tendrils here.) Leodons look more like they have a crest of horns on their head. The only strongly Eastern features the Leodons have are the furry mane and long tail, which both can be seen on Western and Wingless western dragons. There's also the lion inspirations in the Leodon, but for Easterns, it usually accompained by the full on mane and a goatee, which both of these guys lack. Lihnseyres carry more Eastern traits all together though.

I'm a put this here for further distinction between Western, Eastern, and Wingless Western:

On 5/17/2020 at 11:06 PM, Shokomon said:

The best way to describe the difference would be to show you it. Actually, the two "rarest" dragons in the cave are probably the some of the best contrasts between the two types:

latest?cb=20120101051815latest?cb=20120101051847

Golds have a very typical Western shape: Quadrupedal, Lizard-like but with a stocky canine-feline-ish body shape meant to send off a message of power, 2 large wings for flight, and more often than not-decked with horns, spines, sharp teeth, and other pointy things. May or may not have fire breath and a pension for raiding villages and stealing princesses (according to their mythos.) Other good examples below:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20180521045722 Reds are the Prime Western. The most Western of Western dragons; right down to the fire breath, kidnapping princesses, and raiding villages

latest?cb=20170831201443 Westerns typically have webbed, bat like wings, but sometimes they are feathered with wings like a bird. For example, the Khusa.

latest?cb=20160522062733latest?cb=20160522062748 And Westerns are typically scaly, but some can be furry and fluffy like our lovely Pillow dragons.

latest?cb=20120217083835 Heartseekers are one of the few dragons on this site whose wings are actually big frills usable for gliding.

latest?cb=20151203095231latest?cb=20151203095244

Silvers however have a more typical Eastern shape: Long serpentine-like body shape, Quadrupedal (and sometimes more) long mane extending all the way down the back (and sometimes down the tail as well), a lack of any wings (most of the time), antlers more often than horns, and while not seen in these dragons, long winding whiskers and the occasional goatee. More likely to be literal gods and benevolent (according to their mythos.) Other examples included below:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20130214040213 Shimmer-scale Prizes are some the most typical examples Of Easterns on the site.

latest?cb=20160713094851 Bolts have fins instead a continuous mane down the back.

latest?cb=20200429122129latest?cb=20200429122113 The new Venturis dragons are another very typical Eastern. If very fluffy.

latest?cb=20190313133244latest?cb=20190313210827 Aqualis Dragons are actually aquatic Easterns, so they are all fin with a bit of fluff.

latest?cb=20180820112529

With this down, we can go down to wingless Westerns, which can be confused with Easterns, but are basically everything a Western is, but without wings. Often called Drakes elsewhere, they have stocky bodies, are quadrupedal, may or may not have fins, horns, spikes, or frills. Giant Lizards are often a name for them. The Magma dragon seen above is a prime example. Other examples are below:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20090313224505 Mints are probably the archetype Wingless Western...and a reason why they are called giant lizards. It's in their description after all...

latest?cb=20151228081839You could likely confuse an Aegis with an Eastern, but its not. Note that the proportions are off. Relatively long limbs to a relatively shorter torso. Easterns are far more snakelike.

latest?cb=20180829143807 Ash Dragons are what I mean when I say "Westerns without wings." If you slapped some big old bat wings on this guy, it would be a Western.

latest?cb=20100328034528 Dorsals are another confusing dragon. Their fins may look like wings, but they are not. The fins are too small for flight, and are there for mating and temperature regulation.

{Snip}

Edit: The Dragon Cave Wiki has a good page describing all the Dragon Body Sub-types as well as lists the dragons on site that qualify for each type. You can look it over for more info.

For Ref.

Thank you and thank you again for that excellent explanation of body types, Shokomon!  I've been on DC for a long time but I now have a better understanding of these two types than I ever did before. :D

19 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Thank you and thank you again for that excellent explanation of body types, Shokomon!  I've been on DC for a long time but I now have a better understanding of these two types than I ever did before. :D

Another thank you to Shokomon from a long-term player for this wonderfully detailed explanation! <3

11 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

11 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Another thank you to Shokomon from a long-term player for this wonderfully detailed explanation! ❤️

You're welcome! Glad it was helpful!

I think I actually made it for a DR a while ago, and thought it would be helpful here.

Are you not allowed to use spaces anymore when you change your forum username?

I don't think TJ's recent AP "fix" is working. Floods from the same person still take over from top to bottom.

15 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I don't think TJ's recent AP "fix" is working. Floods from the same person still take over from top to bottom.

Eggs appear according to last abandonder, not according to who bred them. So when people sift through AP eggs, walls can still form because of that. You can also help break a wall by picking up and abandoning eggs as well, so that you're the last abandonder instead. It's working as intended, according to clarifications and extra posts TJ made about it in the original announcement thread.

7 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Thanks for saying something about this. 

6 hours ago, Wymsical said:

Eggs appear according to last abandonder, not according to who bred them. So when people sift through AP eggs, walls can still form because of that. You can also help break a wall by picking up and abandoning eggs as well, so that you're the last abandonder instead. It's working as intended, according to clarifications and extra posts TJ made about it in the original announcement thread.

While I was optimistic about this when it first started, I must agree with Spiteful_Crow  that it's not a very satisfying solution to the problem.

8 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

Thanks for saying something about this. 

While I was optimistic about this when it first started, I must agree with Spiteful_Crow  that it's not a very satisfying solution to the problem.

It has definitely made a significant difference in the amount of time one-breed walls take over. I haven't seen any full-day walls at all in at least a month. (though admittedly I was gone for 6 days at the beginning of the month). The change was never meant to stop any and all possibility of one-breed walls, TJ clarified that. It's working well in the way it was intended. 

trying to use  custom sort and all i get is a blank page- both from the account page and the new link on scroll page

any one else having this problem?

I get the grid sort OK - which are you trying ?

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I get the grid sort OK - which are you trying ?

all of them,    but if you get it ok   i'll reboot and see  if that helps

edit:

reboot worked

Edited by dragonpuck

Got it, used it, it took.

I couldn't use the sort function at first, but it's working fine now.  :D