Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@Kiwiana The only thing I see that could cause this is here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/notifications/options/

In "Followed Content" at the bottom it has an option "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community"

Could this be checked?

48 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

Since following means I should get a notif whenever there is new content

Not necessarily:

image.png.0be33e9a8d0c10615c337a54cefaa417.png

If you chose one of the "one email" options, you'd get quite a delay in notifications, too.

(or "one notification" if you don't use the email option, I suppose)

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone have examples of a long (7 or 8g) rainbow lineage??

47 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone have examples of a long (7 or 8g) rainbow lineage??

I have this monster https://dragcave.net/lineage/RQaYH  shorter pygmy https://dragcave.net/lineage/MRa3U https://dragcave.net/lineage/3Q2f5 and this one which is maybe not a proper rainbow but close enough https://dragcave.net/lineage/0bQx0 *

*none of these were made by me

On 5/4/2021 at 11:55 PM, Nightwalkerkey said:

Here's an example of a 12g rainbow stairstep lineage.  I didn't make it, but I've loved her for years.  :wub:

She's A Rainbow

Edited by Stormcaller

i asked this over on CPA, but thought i'd ask over here too - 

"unfortunately this egg has been killed" - is that pretty much a vampire fail?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

i asked this over on CPA, but thought i'd ask over here too - 

"unfortunately this egg has been killed" - is that pretty much a vampire fail?

Could be. Could also be a deliberate kill using the Kill action. Maybe even Earthquake, I'm not sure what message dead Earthquaked eggs have. 

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Could be. Could also be a deliberate kill using the Kill action. Maybe even Earthquake, I'm not sure what message dead Earthquaked eggs have. 

well, it was a Silver Prize (Western); one of the egg's siblings is a Vampire, so maybe?

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Could be. Could also be a deliberate kill using the Kill action. Maybe even Earthquake, I'm not sure what message dead Earthquaked eggs have

Unfortunately this egg has been killed.

I just checked one of the codes from this post.

How do i edit profile information? I did it before but i forgot

Click on the little triangle beside your name at the top of the page.

Click on account settings.

On the right you will see edit profile.

Is the adult sprite for the Almerald Dragon missing for anyone else? It's just a blank space in my encyclopedia and it doesn't show up on my scroll either. I've tried doing ctrl+F5 to clear my cache, but it's still gone. When I refresh, I can sometimes briefly see an indication of a broken image, but it vanishes almost instantaneously. Pics under spoiler

Spoiler

Almerald should be in the lower left corner of the encyclopedia, but it's not there?

d93503b2c46b2270e41ff0a6843da71c.png

The names are there, but the image isn't and there's nothing for me to click on to access the individual dragon page.

a271a4d663eaa66cd4b9fe8e6733c78d.png

@BubblesAreShiny Are you using an adblocker perchance? On DC, sprite file names on the scroll and in the Encyclopedia page are randomized every now and then, and sometimes a filename contains the letters "ad" which usually causes some overly eager adblocker to remove them.

(This usually solves itself after a few hours, even if you don't whitelist DC)

@Ruby Eyes Well now I just feel mildly embarrassed, rip. I'll go ahead and whitelist dragcave, that seems to have fixed it. Many thanks!

Edited by BubblesAreShiny

Need a Siyat refresher. If I want a Purple Siyat, what do I need to do? I have an egg I plucked from the AP. It is at 4 days 20 hours.

ETA: Well, this IS irritating. :rolleyes: I edited the Wiki myself in December 2020 to add detailed instructions on how to create the three Siyat versions. That info has been removed. As the Wiki currently stands, it is unclear exactly how to make each one. 

In December 2020, I added the following information to the wiki to help people who had the exact question I have now and that I had then. The information I added to the wiki in Dec. 2020 was as follows:

”To get a green Siyat: Incubate and hatch it before the egg turns 3 days 0 hours old. To get  a green Siyat, the egg must be incubated.

To get a blue Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days (3 days 23 hours) but over 3 days 0 hours and hatch it during that timeframe.

To get a purple Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less.”

That information has been REMOVED. It is not crystal clear, given the current Wiki wording, exactly how to create each of the Siyats. It is ridiculous that those of us who try to help out with the wiki have our edits removed. :rolleyes: 

Edited by missy_

What's wrong with this:

Siyat Dragons have three color variants that are determined by the age of the egg at the time it hatches. Eggs hatched less than three days since they were created result in the green variant, hatching three to five days after creation results in the blue variant, and hatching over five days since creation results in the purple variant. Variant is determined by the actual age of the egg, not the time remaining on its "time until death" timer

But if you are still stuck:

If you incubated, add a day to the egg's timer to find the window they are in.

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What's wrong with this:

Siyat Dragons have three color variants that are determined by the age of the egg at the time it hatches. Eggs hatched less than three days since they were created result in the green variant, hatching three to five days after creation results in the blue variant, and hatching over five days since creation results in the purple variant. Variant is determined by the actual age of the egg, not the time remaining on its "time until death" timer

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

What’s wrong with it is that it reads as a solid wall of text. And the end result is still confusion. 

I am not stuck at all using the wording I previously quoted. The wording that I added to the wiki.

In the history of dragon cave, many have been confused by how to make a Siyat. From trystan earlier in this thread, who said this was the message received when they first had their first Siyat:

trystan’s quote from many pages back:

“when i got my first Siyat, this was the message the sender sent me:

“First off, only incubate it if you want a green.

“If you want a blue, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days but over 3 days - 3d to 3s23h

“If you want a purple, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less”

Since that conversation about Siyats went on for about a page, and I wasn’t the only one confused, I used that for my wiki entry to make it crystal clear.

I have edited many wikis in my lifetime and I don’t generally care whether my edits are used or not. But with the DC wiki Siyat page the way it currently stands, it is impossible to immediately figure out how to get each Siyat. That is why I made the change in the first place. 

ETA: And the below is still confusing and circuitous to me—if I have to add a day to egg’s timer—at that point my head is spinning. Anyway, I am not stuck using the wording I posted. Which is nowhere to be found but in this thread. 

Edited by missy_

@missy_ It does absolutely not matter whether you incubated the egg or not: you need to wait minimum 5 days to hatch a purple Siyat. You need to wait 3 full days to hatch a blue one. And you need to hatch it before the 3rd day has passed (e.g. via Incubate or Earthquake) to get it green.

Basically, at the same time, another egg (incubated) could hatch (needs 2 days) and grow up (needs 3 days) before you hatch a purple Siyat. One could grow oneself a timer ...

So these new 2 headed dragons mean new zombies, right? Do we know what the sprites look like already?

I kinda agree with @missy_ here, I screenshotted the News thread when we first figured out Siyats and use it often for reference. While the current wiki info does *technically* tell how to get each color, using wording like 'days since creation' just makes it unnecessarily complicated imo. DC doesn't use 'days since creation', it uses days *left*. Comparing the time shown on an egg's view page with missy's information makes it very clear what you need to do and when, but the whole 'days since creation' means you have to do more thinking and math and such. 

edit: I realize the 'since creation' may be to combat the effect of Incubate, but a simple note regarding Incubate would be more clear imo. 

@The Evil Doer  We should, technically, have new zombie sprites with this new breed, yes. I don't think anyone knows exactly what they will look like until someone actually makes/posts a successful zombie, and I haven't seen that yet. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

48 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@missy_ It does absolutely not matter whether you incubated the egg or not: you need to wait minimum 5 days to hatch a purple Siyat. You need to wait 3 full days to hatch a blue one. And you need to hatch it before the 3rd day has passed (e.g. via Incubate or Earthquake) to get it green.

Basically, at the same time, another egg (incubated) could hatch (needs 2 days) and grow up (needs 3 days) before you hatch a purple Siyat. One could grow oneself a timer ...

I find references to “before the 3rd day” and in the wiki where it states “three to five days after creation” to be confusing. (I know how to make a Siyat, but these terms are complicated to me, and I would imagine to some other players.)

Three to five days after creation? Don’t get me wrong; I know what “after creation” means. But I do not count eggs in that way. I simply look, like most players do, at how close they are to the magical four-day hatching mark. I do not count from the moment or day they were created in the Cave. That hurts my brain. So does “Variant depends on the actual age of the egg, not on the time remaining on its “time until death” timer.

My understanding is that to get a green Siyat you have to incubate (or Earthquake, Kill/force, TIL).  Yet that is not mentioned anywhere in the wiki.  (IMO MOST people are not going to use Earthquake/Kill to create a Siyat—I don’t see how mentioning Earthquake/Kill is helpful, since it would seem if you Earthquake/Kill later on, you will end up with a different colored Siyat.)

Suggested wording for wiki:

“Siyat dragons have three color variants that are determined by the age of the egg at the time it hatches. 

For a green Siyat, incubate and hatch before 3 days 0 hours.

For a blue Siyat, hatch unincubated between 3 days 23 hours and 3 days 0 hours.

For a purple Siyat, hatch unincubated between 2 days 23 hours and 0 days 1 hour.”

@HeatherMarie Thank you! Exactly. Just tried to use “Quote selection“ in my post, but because it is on a new page, the forum isn’t working right. Anyway, this:

HeatherMarie: 

“I kinda agree with @missy_ here, I screenshotted the News thread when we first figured out Siyats and use it often for reference. While the current wiki info does *technically* tell how to get each color, using wording like 'days since creation' just makes it unnecessarily complicated imo. DC doesn't use 'days since creation', it uses days *left*. Comparing the time shown on an egg's view page with missy's information makes it very clear what you need to do and when, but the whole 'days since creation' means you have to do more thinking and math and such.”

Edited by missy_

I'm pretty confused... the wiki has this chart which according to edit history has been there since December of last year (right after your edit) I agree the "age of egg at hatching" is a little superfluous but all the information you're asking for is already there (time remaining, time with incubation, note that green requires incubate). is it not visible for everyone? or am I missing something?

image.png.4bdf8f102b2e82e13788719680320d92.png

20 minutes ago, Arcy said:

I'm pretty confused... the wiki has this chart which according to edit history has been there since December of last year (right after your edit) I agree the "age of egg at hatching" is a little superfluous but all the information you're asking for is already there (time remaining, time with incubation, note that green requires incubate). is it not visible for everyone? or am I missing something?

(y) I never even noticed that !

20 minutes ago, Arcy said:

It is very confusing—And, in fact, it is different than what I said above, and some of what has been previously said in this thread, so which is correct?

Several people throughout this thread have mentioned or quoted others who said that in order to hatch a blue or purple Siyat, you cannot use incubate.

See right column of chart above for next question:

And since incubate doesn’t work on eggs under 3 days, and isn’t necessary anyway (but cannot be done on eggs under 3 days), why have instructions such as “1 day or less with incubation”? :blink: I mean, what???

And Good Lord, that whole “Less than 3 days since egg was created,” “3 to 5 days since egg was created,” “More than 5 days since egg was created ...” My eyes are crossing. :wacko: :blink: Surely we can find a less complicated way to explain how to obtain different Siyat colors?

20 minutes ago, missy_ said:

And since incubate doesn’t work on eggs under 3 days, and isn’t necessary anyway (but cannot be done on eggs under 3 days), why have instructions such as “1 day or less with incubation”? :blink: I

Some people incubate right when they pick up their eggs so that would apply to their situation.