Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

19 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

My egg is currently lowtime (3 days 20 hrs). I made the mistake of dumping it into every hatchery possible 3 hours earlier - usually it hatches pretty much immediately so I don't worry about softshell. But now, I have 3 clicks, 854 UV and 11090 OV (how? no idea. it was never even close to these insane numbers), had to fog the egg due to softshell, and 3 hours later, there's still no sign of the egg hatching or the softshell going away. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Seconding shad, if you're ERing something its always best to wait for it to hatch then fog it. Ward it beforehand if you're really worried, but they aren't likely to die. Prizes, zyus, and avatars whine a lot (get sick) when you try to hatch them asap lol kinda weird tbh but it is what it is.

31 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Is it a prize, a zyumorph or an avatar? Those are pretty much guaranteed to get sick if you incubate and try to ER them unless you wait till they're like 3d12h. Also, things can't hatch while fogged, so if you want it to pop first, ward, unfog, and give it a view or two.

Nope, just a normal Sunset/Sunrise eggo, that's weird. But I will try that, thank you so much! Fingers crossed it doesn't die...

Edited by FarawayCreatures

1 minute ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Nope, just a normal Sunset/Sunrise eggo, that's weird. But I will try that, thank you so much! Fingers crossed it doesn't die...

They can only hatch at certain times of day so they tend to over-accumulate views.

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They can only hatch at certain times of day so they tend to over-accumulate views.

Oh wow. Had to take a peek at the wiki for that. So, if my incredibly profound calculations are correct, the eggo should (ideally) pop into Sunset hatchie in about 15 minutes? It's warded, so even if doesn't hatch on the clock, it will still have plenty of time to Sunset-ify, right?

(btw, not expecting any of the two breeds specifically, just want to see it pop already)

Edit: Yep! It hatched into a Sunset on the clock. Thanks everyone!)

Edited by FarawayCreatures

Oh yeah, always forget about sun eggs lmao. They tend to get sent sky high because people forget about the windows. Some of the highest view counts are on suns.

Is there a way/trick to sort by generations? 

How exactly does sorting by breed on our scrolls currently work? I assume it goes based on type of dragon: Two-heads/Regular/Leetle/Regular/Pygmy dragons/Regular/Dinos... and then into alphabetical order and then by date caught? 

7 minutes ago, GrimmyYA said:

Is there a way/trick to sort by generations? 

How exactly does sorting by breed on our scrolls currently work? I assume it goes based on type of dragon: Two-heads/Regular/Leetle/Regular/Pygmy dragons/Regular/Dinos... and then into alphabetical order and then by date caught? 

Sorting by breed does exactly what it says, it doesn't take into account types of dragons it just sorts alphabetically by their Encyclopedia name. Within that sort I believe each breed is sorted by date caught. 

I don't think there is a way to *sort* by generations, unless you do it completely manually, but you can use Groups to filter for generations (when adding to groups, for instance). 

edit: It looks like you might be using the Legacy Breed Sort? They sort differently in that sort, it's a legacy sort no longer available to most unless you were already using it. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 hours ago, FarawayCreatures said:

My egg is currently lowtime (3 days 20 hrs). I made the mistake of dumping it into every hatchery possible 3 hours earlier - usually it hatches pretty much immediately so I don't worry about softshell. But now, I have 3 clicks, 854 UV and 11090 OV (how? no idea. it was never even close to these insane numbers), had to fog the egg due to softshell, and 3 hours later, there's still no sign of the egg hatching or the softshell going away. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

I never incubate an egg until it has a big hole in it. I see below that it is a Sunset and what Lagie said about them over-accumulating views is correct. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When I have to fog, I leave whatever fogged for 24 hours, no matter what....

Seconding fuzz. Leave it fogged for a long time (except you had to briefly unfog it to hatch a Sunset).

1 hour ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Oh wow. Had to take a peek at the wiki for that. So, if my incredibly profound calculations are correct, the eggo should (ideally) pop into Sunset hatchie in about 15 minutes? It's warded, so even if doesn't hatch on the clock, it will still have plenty of time to Sunset-ify, right?

(btw, not expecting any of the two breeds specifically, just want to see it pop already)

Edit: Yep! It hatched into a Sunset on the clock. Thanks everyone!)

It's warded, but warding only prevents it from dying for six hours. The hatchling can still die after Ward wears off. That's why leaving it fogged for a long time is advisable, to hopefully prevent it from dying.

28 minutes ago, missy_ said:

It's warded, but warding only prevents it from dying for six hours. The hatchling can still die after Ward wears off. That's why leaving it fogged for a long time is advisable, to hopefully prevent it from dying.

And just a word of caution here. Fogging does not guarantee that it won't die. It only prevents it from getting more views, but it may already have too many views to survive, and die in spite of the fog.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And just a word of caution here. Fogging does not guarantee that it won't die. It only prevents it from getting more views, but it may already have too many views to survive, and die in spite of the fog.

Quite true! Thanks for catching that. I have known people that unfog hatchies and they are dead.

@missy_ @purplehaze Thank you for the warning folks! Update: the hatchling was indeed fogged and sick throughout the rest of the day, but gendered male, and the sickness went away as soon as he did. Now I just have to ask - should I look out for him getting sick again? He has 6 days and 4 hours left on the timer, so he still has plenty of time to catch the cold.

He isn't too likely to get sick again, because he isn't likely to get the massive views that he got waiting until he was able to hatch. The problem before is that the sites were loading on views because he was seen as an ER, but his breed's unique hatching timer made it impossible for him to respond to all those views, so the sites just kept piling on more, trying to make him hatch!

Edited by purplehaze

38 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

@missy_ @purplehaze Thank you for the warning folks! Update: the hatchling was indeed fogged and sick throughout the rest of the day, but gendered male, and the sickness went away as soon as he did. Now I just have to ask - should I look out for him getting sick again? He has 6 days and 4 hours left on the timer, so he still has plenty of time to catch the cold.

Since he has gendered so early, you can keep him fogged until he hits four days. Unfog him then, refresh the page and he should become an adult without anymore views.

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

Since he has gendered so early, you can keep him fogged until he hits four days. Unfog him then, refresh the page and he should become an adult without anymore views.

That's what I'd do. He certainly has the views to grow up already !

edit: nevermind! answered my own question~

Edited by InvaderAlexis

What does [A] and those other letters in brackets mean in the titles of topics in Dragon Requests?

2 hours ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

What does [A] and those other letters in brackets mean in the titles of topics in Dragon Requests?

A = approved

P = pending

sometimes I forget to edit [P] to [A] before approving.

I just had my first refusal after fertility since Purples were 'fixed'. I was under the impression that if you used fertility on a new pair they wouldn't refuse?

5 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I just had my first refusal after fertility since Purples were 'fixed'. I was under the impression that if you used fertility on a new pair they wouldn't refuse?

Was a Turpentine involved? Or a holiday with a chance that it was a pair that had refused before? Or a holiday of neutral alignment with a GoN?

@Ruby Eyes It was a Turpentine and a Deep Sea. I'm guessing by your question there is something going on with Turpentines?

Edited by Wiz

Just now, Wiz said:

It was a Turpentine and a Deep Sea. I'm guessing by your question there is something going on with Turpentines?

Yes. They always had a higher chance at refusals than other pairs (it's even in their breed description, if I recall correctly), and even with Fertility, they may refuse sometimes.

Just came here to ask the same thing as Wiz.

Refusal from a new pair despite using fertility.

Ember x Turpentine.

Word codes.

I hate this.

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes. They always had a higher chance at refusals than other pairs (it's even in their breed description, if I recall correctly), and even with Fertility, they may refuse sometimes.

Well that sucks. I'll give him one more chance with another mate then if it happens again I'm rebreeding his parents! Thank you @Ruby Eyes

Edit to say

That sucks big time @Zimtie at least with mine the parents are the codes so I can rebreed.

Edited by Wiz

Thank you both for your help and compassion. I'm just glad it was "just" two matching codes and not a big project like the both of you do all the time.