Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, missy_ said:

(Maybe I am missing something— what does name exclusivity have to do with TJ implementing a mechanism allowing players to name a tombstone?) To me, they are two different things. If I want to “engrave” a tombstone, it seems like TJ could implement a way to do that, and still keep name exclusivity intact.

Because the way naming exclusivity is set up, every tombstone you name means one more name is taken by a "dead" thing, which seems contrary to the point of raising growing dragons. On the other hand, if you wanted to be able to engrave a tombstone and still reuse the name, he'd have to make a whole new system for it, at which point he might as well remove exclusivity.

Anyone else getting error messages when trying to Ward an egg?

1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Yes, I was wondering about that as well.

11 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Was it a Canto? They have two new bsa colors. I suspect Ward is one.

37 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Was it a Canto? They have two new bsa colors. I suspect Ward is one.

Oh crap, that is NOT cool. Thanks for warning me.

Can Earthquake kill hatchies or is it just the eggs? I can't remember, I've only used it the once back when it first came out. ~thank you Fuzz

Edited by Wiz

I'm not complaining, no, no, no, because yay, but when did the option to Corporealize or not frozen Celestial hatchies happen???

35 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I'm not complaining, no, no, no, because yay, but when did the option to Corporealize or not frozen Celestial hatchies happen???

When they were released. It only lasts a week. 

31 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

When they were released. It only lasts a week. 

Huh, I never noticed! Thank you

2 hours ago, katcombs said:

Quick a quick thing, here's my baby... https://dragcave.net/view/kJuqS I've unlocked all four versions and all 4 types of all four but the name still doesn't come up on the baby.... what am I doing wrong?

It's probably a weird thing due to it having alt forms. you technically haven't unlocked that version of the stratos hatchie even though it's identical to the stratos hatchie you did unlock.

Can anyone tell me if there is a Dark mode or theme on this forum? I cannot find it, and I have the most severe migraine today.

My iOS device is on Dark mode, (I use Safari) and my scroll/dragons and the Trading Hub both show in Dark mode, but not the forum.

ETA: I went to Settings/Accessibility/and flipped on Smart Invert. It correctly rendered Dark mode on google.com and ecosia, but this forum stayed in Light mode.

ETA2: I also tried DC’s main site’s “dark” theme (called  Portal 2™️) but the forum still renders light—and the rest of DC displays in Dark mode just fine with the default DC theme, so it is only the forum that stays in Light mode.

Edited by missy_

@missy_ Sadly there is no dark mode for the forum.

There is a suggestion asking for a night mode.

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@missy_ Sadly there is no dark mode for the forum.

There is a suggestion asking for a night mode.

Thank you, @purplehaze. I just added my support for that.

is there a way to post two times without the forum merging the posts?  if i just edit my post, it doesn't bump it to a more visible spot.

I think you only have to wait an hour before posting again?

7 hours ago, missy_ said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a Dark mode or theme on this forum? I cannot find it, and I have the most severe migraine today.

My iOS device is on Dark mode, (I use Safari) and my scroll/dragons and the Trading Hub both show in Dark mode, but not the forum.

ETA: I went to Settings/Accessibility/and flipped on Smart Invert. It correctly rendered Dark mode on google.com and ecosia, but this forum stayed in Light mode.

ETA2: I also tried DC’s main site’s “dark” theme (called  Portal 2™️) but the forum still renders light—and the rest of DC displays in Dark mode just fine with the default DC theme, so it is only the forum that stays in Light mode.

DC site is separate from DC forums. Names, passwords, settings, not connected at all. Yeah the forums hurt a lot. Unfortunately I only know how to help you on desktop

6 hours ago, trystan said:

is there a way to post two times without the forum merging the posts?  if i just edit my post, it doesn't bump it to a more visible spot.

I've done it before by quoting my previous post in the new one then deleting/hiding the one I quoted.

8 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I've done it before by quoting my previous post in the new one then deleting/hiding the one I quoted.

oh that's an interesting way to do that....  thanks!

11 hours ago, missy_ said:

I was having problems on my phone with horribly offensive ads and found a browser called Brave to use instead of Chrome. It has a dark mode and turns both the Cave and Forum to a black background with white lettering. Solved both the ad and glare problem in one swell foop! :D

hi,

Maybe wierd question i accidently clicked earthquake can dead eggs be revived or is it permanent dead ?

thanks in advance

Edited by eccoshop

Eggs can't be revived, sorry :(

Dead eggs block your eggslots for 24 hours, after that you can fill them anew. The eggshells will vanish exactly two weeks after their dead (just mentioned in case you didn't know).

You're welcome eccoshop

Edited by rinoa26