Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just to make sure, when you report a trade in the trading hub, you're anonymized, correct? Saw some trades yesterday that definitely broke some rules, but I was a bit worried that my username would be attached to it so I'm asking just for future reference.

Not sure if the mods can see your name, or not -- I imagine that they can. But the people you are reporting will not see it.

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not sure if the mods can see your name, or not -- I imagine that they can. But the people you are reporting will not see it.

Ah gotcha, thank you for clearing that up!

3 hours ago, Penjikenji said:

Just to make sure, when you report a trade in the trading hub, you're anonymized, correct? Saw some trades yesterday that definitely broke some rules, but I was a bit worried that my username would be attached to it so I'm asking just for future reference.

Mods can see, so if someone is inappropriately spamming reports we can do something about that too. But no other users will see, please use the report tool!

31 minutes ago, ShadowsGirl9 said:

if a scroll is burned / an account is banned, is there any way that it could be undone?

Technically yes but its not very often done 

some small questions i've had!:

1. What is a "Saltkin"?

2. What is a "bloodswap"?

3. Why do people prefer CB over non-CB?

4. When a new breed comes out, people will say the egg in habitats "swaps with x and y", what does that mean?

i thinks that's it for now, thanks! :D

1. Spriters of the holiday dragons can make an alternate-color version of the dragon that only they can have, which is referred to as  a spriter's alt. Saltkin refers to a descendent of a spriter's alt.

2 Bloodswap means trading for an unrelated dragon with the same lineage -- same parent breeds, same generation unless otherwise stated. Also so that they don't get nasty surprises when someone renames or kills or zombifies a dragon that they have built a lineage on. Owning all the dragons in the lineage yourself makes it safer.

3. Not everyone does. But breeders like to start with CB's so their lineages start fresh.

4. Not quite sure what you are referring to here. People sometimes trade for an egg from a different biome because there are some dragons (Coppers for example) that give different breeding results depending on the biome that the mate comes from. So a lot of players will try to collect the new eggs from every biome that they can be found in.

Edited by purplehaze

38 minutes ago, karambit said:

some small questions i've had!:

4. When a new breed comes out, people will say the egg in habitats "swaps with x and y", what does that mean?

i thinks that's it for now, thanks! :D

There's a mix of things, some people consider having x number of the new release the scroll goal, others want x from each biome. Just for completion. There's also a few dragons that breed differently depending on partner's biome (coppers are the big one, but xenos lean towards mates biome as well) or maybe they think its a biome dependent alt and want to try to have even numbers (the pargs for instance). I personally do try to get one from each biome per NR, two if I can swing it.

For example, with pitfires, I ended up with like 4 girls from forest or something, so i was trading for boys from other biomes. (managed a pair from each biome in the end i think)

Edited by Tini

10 hours ago, ShadowsGirl9 said:

if a scroll is burned / an account is banned, is there any way that it could be undone?

Its extraordinarily rare.

Scrolls are examined closely and its usually due to Multi-scrolling and Cheating.

13 hours ago, Tini said:

Technically yes but its not very often done 

3 hours ago, Starscream said:

Its extraordinarily rare.

Scrolls are examined closely and its usually due to Multi-scrolling and Cheating.

Who exactly would one talk too about this? Is there a specific person you're supposed to go too regarding scroll burnings? 

You can PM a mod.

But it's not likely to be reversed.

So, i just discovered that I can use the corporealize action on my frozen celestial hatchlings,

will it stay or do they revert?,

obviously it can't be used for breeding purposes-  it says "temporarily"  but i am hoping it's permanent---

something i'm curious about now.  i snagged an egg from the AP.  they're all at 4d15h to 4d20h left.  my vamp bit it, and it got repulsed.  i know i can't pick up that egg - but will i actually see it again on the AP? it has 4d19h left, so normally it would be appearing.  but since i can't pick it up again, would i even be able to see it?

i hope that makes sense! XD 

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

but since i can't pick it up again, would i even be able to see it?

Yes, if you had gone back to the AP immediately, you might have seen it pass through again, though vampire eggs get picked up quickly so it may have poofed before you even got there.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:
23 minutes ago, trystan said:

but since i can't pick it up again, would i even be able to see it?

Yes, if you had gone back to the AP immediately, you might have seen it pass through again, though vampire eggs get picked up quickly so it may have poofed before you even got there.

oh yeah, i'm sure someone has it now.  

eh, it's okay, Neferet can just bite another blue egg in another month XD 

I'm sorry if it was explaied somewhere, but I didn't see it so I ask :)

Since forum update I noticed that when I post a reply to any thread, my post take much longer to be posted - button "Submit reply" change to "Saving..." and it takes a few seconds before my post will be posted (much longer that before forum update). It happens to every of my post, even if I only post one word (like in counting game threads).

Button.jpg.bdca480c43845f6ccd8efc8ad12dc421.jpg

Is this intendent and everyone have it like this now, or it's something I can change in some forum options to make it's faster again? I'm just curious what's changed that it now works like that, and if it's just me or everyone have it the same :)

It's just the forum being horribly horribly slow. That used to happen for a microsecond; now it hangs. And if you click it again in case of an error, you get a double post... (or even three - been there !)

8 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

So, i just discovered that I can use the corporealize action on my frozen celestial hatchlings,

will it stay or do they revert?,

obviously it can't be used for breeding purposes-  it says "temporarily"  but i am hoping it's permanent---

Corporealise is only supposed to hold up for 7 days, so....

54 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's just the forum being horribly horribly slow. That used to happen for a microsecond; now it hangs. And if you click it again in case of an error, you get a double post... (or even three - been there !)

Thank you for your answer! So it's not only me that see it.

I hope there can be something done to make it like it was before, as it's kinda frustrating, especially as I have internet with easy to crash connection and sometimes I don't know if it's forum or if my internet crashed and I need to write my post again (it happens sometimes to me). But I'm glad I know the answer now :)

Is there a way to report an inappropriate name?

edit; ah, okay, thanks. I figured that, just thought there might be a little button or something on a dragon's page that I missed. 

Edited by Vibrance

2 minutes ago, Vibrance said:

Is there a way to report an inappropriate name?

PM a mod.

My egg is currently lowtime (3 days 20 hrs). I made the mistake of dumping it into every hatchery possible 3 hours earlier - usually it hatches pretty much immediately so I don't worry about softshell. But now, I have 3 clicks, 854 UV and 11090 OV (how? no idea. it was never even close to these insane numbers), had to fog the egg due to softshell, and 3 hours later, there's still no sign of the egg hatching or the softshell going away. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

16 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

My egg is currently lowtime (3 days 20 hrs). I made the mistake of dumping it into every hatchery possible 3 hours earlier - usually it hatches pretty much immediately so I don't worry about softshell. But now, I have 3 clicks, 854 UV and 11090 OV (how? no idea. it was never even close to these insane numbers), had to fog the egg due to softshell, and 3 hours later, there's still no sign of the egg hatching or the softshell going away. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Is it a prize, a zyumorph or an avatar? Those are pretty much guaranteed to get sick if you incubate and try to ER them unless you wait till they're like 3d12h. Also, things can't hatch while fogged, so if you want it to pop first, ward, unfog, and give it a view or two.

When I have to fog, I leave whatever fogged for 24 hours, no matter what....