Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

trying to use  custom sort and all i get is a blank page- both from the account page and the new link on scroll page

any one else having this problem?

Same thing happened to me earlier, but it is working okay now.

It is not a question and it might have been pointed out - but, please, remove the old/outdated dragons from the trading list. Maybe this is for me only, but I can see both Soulstone/Sophosyne dragons.It is kinda confusing and harder to get used to the new names.

20 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I couldn't use the sort function at first, but it's working fine now.  :D

But today it's on the blink again.  😞

22 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

It is not a question and it might have been pointed out - but, please, remove the old/outdated dragons from the trading list. Maybe this is for me only, but I can see both Soulstone/Sophosyne dragons.It is kinda confusing and harder to get used to the new names.

Soulstones are still there! They're the Valentine dragons from 2017: https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1604

Sophosynes were Soulpeaces before ;) 

12 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Soulstones are still there! They're the Valentine dragons from 2017: https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1604

Sophosynes were Soulpeaces before ;) 

Oh my God, I've made this even more confusingXD Thank you for correcting me=)

Edited by DarkellaLord

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

But today it's on the blink again.  😞

yup!

When we have 50 dragons our egg/hatchie limit is supposed to go up right? I'm on 51 dragons and still can only get 4 eggs. Do only grown dragons count? How about freezies? Thankyou

Freezies count; growing things don't. You are up to only 39 grown/frozen. So you have to wait a bit.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Freezies count; growing things don't. You are up to only 39 grown/frozen. So you have to wait a bit.

Ah thankyou! Soon though xx

EDIT to avoid a doublepost

Is there any secret to getting a chicken? Are the spawn rates in all biomes and seasons, moons etc. the same?

Edited by Roseora

1 hour ago, Roseora said:

Is there any secret to getting a chicken? Are the spawn rates in all biomes and seasons, moons etc. the same?

There's no big secret, just luck :)

25 minutes ago, Kaini said:

There's no big secret, just luck :)

Thankyou. x

12 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

does transferring a cantor egg with a one-way teleport turn it orange?

Yes, it does.

Isn:t it now technically DC's Birthday? Where's the big hoopla??

12 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Isn:t it now technically DC's Birthday? Where's the big hoopla??

One more day 

Is anybody having trouble breeding?  I had no trouble breeding my 2heads, but most other dragons give me this message:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

There's a lot of pages doing that at the moment... I found the breed had gone through anyway, when it happened to me. Someone else found it hadn't.

52 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There's a lot of pages doing that at the moment... I found the breed had gone through anyway, when it happened to me. Someone else found it hadn't.

This happens to me when I hit breed on the first dragon, so I haven't even pulled up a list of dragons to choose the mate yet.

I've had a few odd page problems, with breeding it was a case of start again, and with others refreshing sorted it mostly.   I just thought the cave was readying itself for crashing tomorrow!

Hi! Can somebody tell me, why does some hatches/dragons have the count "Breed" while others aren't? Like these two:

Screenshot_2021-05-20-19-24-02-004_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-20-19-52-34-781_com.android.chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Anona said:

Hi! Can somebody tell me, why does some hatches/dragons have the count "Breed" while others aren't?

You need to have the hatchling unlocked in the encyclopedia before it will show its breed for you.

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You need to have the hatchling unlocked in the encyclopedia before it will show its breed for you.

Thank you very much! 🌻

I have questions about tombstones—dead dragons, not Undead ones.

Last Halloween, I killed the mate of this dragon. I can view his lineage and his children, but I cannot name him. 

But I thought I had seen dead dragons (not Undead ones) whose tombstones were named? 

Yes, I have seen them. Here is one I own whose grandparents are dead and named: https://dragcave.net/lineage/gsF8x

When I try to name him, I get “You search, but are unable to find the creature you’re looking for.”

Please don’t tell me the only way to have named deadline lineages is to kill the dragon while it is still named (without removing name before the Kill attempt). This means if the dragon disintegrates, the name is lost forever, right?  This would make it hard to have named deadline lineages.

13 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Please don’t tell me the only way to have named deadline lineages is to kill the dragon while it is still named (without removing name before the Kill attempt).

This is exactly how named deadlines are made. I doubt TJ will ever allow naming already dead things while name exclusivity is around as well. This means if you want a deadline (and not a zombie) to have a name, you have to name it before killing and it must be a name you're willing to sacrifice since it will also vanish off your scroll.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

This is exactly how named deadlines are made. I doubt TJ will ever allow naming already dead things while name exclusivity is around as well. This means if you want a deadline (and not a zombie) to have a name, you have to name it before killing and it must be a name you're willing to sacrifice since it will also vanish off your scroll.

Thank you, Shadowdrake. So the name ... I hadn’t considered that it would vanish from my scroll. But that makes sense — since it is dead, the name is on the tombstone.

Not to stray too far off topic, but I am still for (pro) name exclusivity.  It would be great, however, if TJ would implement a way to name a tombstone. Seems possible. (Maybe I am missing something— what does name exclusivity have to do with TJ implementing a mechanism allowing players to name a tombstone?) To me, they are two different things. If I want to “engrave” a tombstone, it seems like TJ could implement a way to do that, and still keep name exclusivity intact.