Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

That depends completely on the times in the AP. When the abandoned egg gets down to the times being shown in the AP, it will show up. (Be aware you can't pick up your own auto-abandoned egg though, unless someone else picks it up and abandons it again.)

Alright, thank you!! ❤️ 

I have a question please. My vampire "bit" an egg and the other dragons were repulsed and threw it away from me. Actually, it happened twice! How do I retrieve   them?  Also how can I prevent that from happening again? 

23 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I have a question please. My vampire "bit" an egg and the other dragons were repulsed and threw it away from me. Actually, it happened twice! How do I retrieve   them?  Also how can I prevent that from happening again? 

That's just one of the risks with a Vampire bite. You cannot retrieve the egg in the AP unless someone else picks it up and re-abandons it. You can post a note about it in your sig and someone might return one, or both, but there are no guarantees that this will happen..

There is no way to prevent this from happening again, although one of my Vamps who did this regularly finally allowed their last victim to stay. I think it happens with about 10 percent of the bites.

Good luck!

33 minutes ago, Erebus said:

It goes to the AP, and since you were its last owner, you cannot get it back directly. Someone else has to pick it up and drop it first before you can pick it up again (the AP does not let an egg's last owner grab an egg).

And nope, you cannot prevent it. It has about a 25% chance of happening, by my count.

There is even a thread about it:

Which Fell dragon looks more like its feet hurt?

gJ4r.png

u9nt.png

I'm trying to get a pun out of a dragon name.

The male. He can't even stand on it... He's looking at it and saying ouch !

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The male. He can't even stand on it... He's looking at it and saying ouch !

Actually I think that is the female that is looking at her foot.

I'm undecided. 🤔 They both look like they could have painful feet.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, trystan said:

my Zyu eggs are good at getting sick right before they hatch. *sigh*

my Zyu hatchies are good at taking their sweet time gendering too - like the one i currently have, the hatchie is at 5d and still ungendered. *glares at him*

I'm having this problem with Zyus, too.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Zyus are like that!

Just now, purplehaze said:

Zyus are like that!

I want them to stop being like that.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

There are a small group of breeds that seem to be 'stubborn', needing more stats to grow and getting sick relatively easy. Zyus are among them, as well as Prizes (at least they used to be, haven't had a sick Prize in awhile). I don't think we've ever known *why* that happens with certain breeds, though.

Trying to figure out what just happened. I just now got a notification for one of the counting threads on the games forum that I follow saying someone had just posted there. When I clicked on the notification it took me to the post, which says it was posted 12 hours ago, but I know for a fact that that post was not there when I posted the one that is right below it, or even as much as four hours AFTER I posted.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Trying to figure out what just happened. I just now got a notification for one of the counting threads on the games forum that I follow saying someone had just posted there. When I clicked on the notification it took me to the post, which says it was posted 12 hours ago, but I know for a fact that that post was not there when I posted the one that is right below it, or even as much as four hours AFTER I posted.

and i'm pretty sure i just got that same notification! what the....??

edit: that explains that.... PDC put a note in the thread. :) 

Edited by trystan

16 hours ago, Erebus said:

I notice that you changed your signature in the hopes of getting your Vampire eggs back. But if you do not display your name on your scroll (which is an option in your account so that people know the eggs were bred/came from your scroll), players may have trouble finding you.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

And of Night Glory, you only own a freezie - don't know if that counts as owning the breed?

On 1/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, Lagie said:

It does. I have only frozens of lumina and BBW. And they count.

I'm missing 5 breeds as adults (balloon, black tea, imp.fleshcrowne, water walker, and spitfire).

Blast from the past, from my question on which breeds were missing from my scroll. The weirdness is that there are 276 breeds currently and I am showing 275. When I look at my Night Glory frozen hatchling, and click on the breed, it tells me I own 0 adults and 0 hatchlings. See screenshot. 

It looks like it is not counting my frozen hatchling. Unless I am missing something.

1676A15A-165B-4304-9B20-6D7661C2BE57.thumb.jpeg.707fe07ddd39af0dcec541de4d8fadd3.jpeg

@missy_  The hatchie is from 2013 and the Encyclopedia doesn't count anything from before the Encyclopedia feature was introduced (mid-2014 I believe). That shouldn't affect your *scroll* breed-count though. 

edit: Kyanite. Do you have a Kyanite? I looked through your scroll and it isn't there between Kovos and Labrodorite. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@missy_  The hatchie is from 2013 and the Encyclopedia doesn't count anything from before the Encyclopedia feature was introduced (mid-2014 I believe). That shouldn't affect your *scroll* breed-count though. 

edit: Kyanite. Do you have a Kyanite? I looked through your scroll and it isn't there between Kovos and Labrodorite. 

@HeatherMarie ugh, you are correct! @Ruby Eyes had originally caught that. I can’t believe in all this time I have failed to collect any Kyanite pygmies ... :ph34r: soon to remedy that, I hope ... thanks for the explanation about the frozen Night Glory baby. I was concerned when it read “0” but now it makes sense. :)

What is the current position on ad blockers? I am having problems with offensive sexual content in ads both on the forum and in the Cave and reporting them to Google does nothing. The same ads come right back on the next page. I'm tired of seeing these sickening ads.

You can use an ad blocker. On the forum you will just get no ads. On the cave you will get a banner reminding you that you can get an ad-free subscription.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You can use an ad blocker. On the forum you will just get no ads. On the cave you will get a banner reminding you that you can get an ad-free subscription.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

What is the current position on ad blockers? I am having problems with offensive sexual content in ads both on the forum and in the Cave and reporting them to Google does nothing. The same ads come right back on the next page. I'm tired of seeing these sickening ads.

A few of us have reported sexual ads in the past. I think the consensus was that someone on your actual browser network is looking at it, so it can't really be addressed by TJ.  Using an ad blocker doesn't really hurt gameplay. It just makes a cute little kitty banner come up that asks you to unblock ads or buy a subscription. 

51 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

A few of us have reported sexual ads in the past. I think the consensus was that someone on your actual browser network is looking at it, so it can't really be addressed by TJ.  Using an ad blocker doesn't really hurt gameplay. It just makes a cute little kitty banner come up that asks you to unblock ads or buy a subscription. 

Yeah, I knew there were issue with ad blockers in the past but since there is nothing TJ can do, I've got to get rid of these.

BTW, this is on my phone, and I am the only one on the account. Never look at the kind of stuff in the ads, absolutely despise some of what is in the ads, so where does it all come from?

14 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Yeah, I knew there were issue with ad blockers in the past but since there is nothing TJ can do, I've got to get rid of these.

BTW, this is on my phone, and I am the only one on the account. Never look at the kind of stuff in the ads, absolutely despise some of what is in the ads, so where does it all come from?

If you're using your phone at work or somewhere with a shared network space/open wi-fi, it could be from that or if you searched certain keywords that might trigger it (even if it's not the same combination). I get ads for stupid stuff because I'm often playing DC on my phone at work. 

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

BTW, this is on my phone

So, just for your information, mobile phone IP addresses are a bit of a mess. Basically, each time your mobile phone connects to a different regional cell (the thing that gives "cell phones" their name), you get a new IP address. Especially if you're blocking advertising tracking through cookies, advertising might fall back to trying to guess your preferences via the IP address, so anyone connecting to your "home" cell (anyone in your neighbourhood) might be biasing the results (since you today might have the IP address they had yesterday).

That said, please continue reporting the advertisements to Google! They do care to prune stuff down to appearing only on appropriate sites, but it's both (1) a game of cat and mouse with malvertisement, which comes from advertisers who deliberately try to bypass Google's filters (which necessarily have to be automated, the ad volume through Google is way too large for manual moderation even of a large fleet of moderators), and (2) really tricky to keep in a stable state (whenever you're fighting the people from #1, sometimes bugs sneak in or edge cases change, and then you have the embarrassing effect that ads pop up in a context they're inappropriate in). The reports do add up to useful tickets, but yes, unfortunately you won't see immediate results.

In any case, good luck in getting rid of those ads!