Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Are Zyus available via the Market? I fail to see them in the list, though might be I overlooked them?

@Nalyua I did not see them there either on a quick look. In the encyclopedia, one entry covers all the forms. Maybe because of the biome dependence of the forms, they cannot be for sale there?

I have a question:

Is there any way to increase the likelihood of getting a prize offspring when breeding a prize with a common?

I put Awdzy (gold Shimmerscale) with Benevolence (Venturis) and so far have gotten 11 Venturis offspring and no prize offspring.
I thought, maybe they are so new that every breeding generates Venturis so far - but that was not the case when I bred my other Venturis dragons. No other breed that I have tried has been so consistent; about 1/(4-6) for a given breed has been the most I have had to try.

Is there something I am missing here?

Also, what is the plural of Venturis? Venturises? Ventures?

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Is precognition 100% accurate if you don't subsequently influence the egg, i.e. if I precog an egg and it's predicted to be the gender I want, will it definitely gender as predicted without influence?

4 hours ago, yieldy said:

Does anyone know if you can get a Red dorsal in market(when you click on Dorsal dragon)?

I believe its suppose to have the same random chance as picking up one in the biome. So you won't know till you purchase and the chance of purple is higher than red.

@NalyuaZues aren't in the market because of the weird way they are done in the encyclopedia makes them on breed with five eggs. :(

@Awdz Bodkins sadly there is not. What you have is bad luck.  Changing the mate or giving your prize a week off may have some small effect though.

@foreverlokied224should be as long as it stays on your scroll. Teleporting, i believe re-rolls it so a 50-50 chance of it still being the same.

1 hour ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Also, what is the plural of Venturis?

I seem to recall asking that in the release thread and being told it was just Venturis, but I may be thinking of some other breed without an obvious plural.

1 hour ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Is precognition 100% accurate if you don't subsequently influence the egg, i.e. if I precog an egg and it's predicted to be the gender I want, will it definitely gender as predicted without influence?

25 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

@foreverlokied224should be as long as it stays on your scroll. Teleporting, i believe re-rolls it so a 50-50 chance of it still being the same.

I believe it is guaranteed. And I don't think teleport affects it, either.

35 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Teleporting, i believe re-rolls it so a 50-50 chance of it still being the same.

The re-roll happens if the egg had been influenced before.

15 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

both of these zombies are 2g, so why does this one have a plain tombstone and this one have a mossy tombstone? 

The slightly-mossy one is the correct one, a zombie doesn't get it's 'special/specific' tombstone until two weeks after death, before that it just has the normal dead-dragon tombstone. So that plain one should change on the 14th I think.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The slightly-mossy one is the correct one, a zombie doesn't get it's 'special/specific' tombstone until two weeks after death, before that it just has the normal dead-dragon tombstone. So that plain one should change on the 14th I think.

oh! i didnt know that! i did kill that other one preemtively but decided to do the second one on a whim while reviving. thank you! :D  

How do people make randomised images in their signatures?

Also do I just wait if DC still after one day says I am using a proxy? It apparently started after I got cutoff from internet by not paying beforehand. There's nothing else suspicious besides that: "no proxy" on proxy checkers, no proxy configurations on Windows/browser/router.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

I'd just try and ignore it. You are not alone.

has anyone else noticed the dcrecords.tj09.net purple banners aren't showing up?

downforeveryoneorjustme.com has said this since this afternoon (after 2 p.m. Cave Time):

Dcrecords.tj09.net Status

Is dcrecords.tj09.net down right now?

It's not just you! dcrecords.tj09.net is down.

Yeah, I noticed my sig banner wasn't showing up early this afternoon. 

What determines if a description will be marked as pending? I had a description go from to not showing up at all to being marked as pending with only two blank accepts. Also mods this is not a request to have said description marked as approved. I want to see if anyone can guess the dragon in question's favourite food first

4 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

What determines if a description will be marked as pending? I had a description go from to not showing up at all to being marked as pending with only two blank accepts. Also mods this is not a request to have said description marked as approved. I want to see if anyone can guess the dragon in question's favourite food first

Some of the everyday user description reviewers have 'description magic'. If one of them 'accepts' it, it magically shows as pending. Likewise, if it was showing, and one 'rejects', it stops being pending.

8 hours ago, trystan said:

hopefully it'll be feeling better tomorrow then

It's back!

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:
12 hours ago, trystan said:

hopefully it'll be feeling better tomorrow then

It's back!

yaay! i'm glad it's feeling better! :) 

11 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

To elaborate on Lagie's description magic, the 'magic' gets more powerful as the number of the mod's final decisions lines up with the reviewer's because the reviewer is seen as trustworthy.

this is an odd question XD, but..

Guardian of Nature hatchi.gif

i dont understand what... direction? the baby guardian of nature's sprite is facing? its body confuses me... what IS that on the bottom right?? what am i looking at??

Edited by InvaderAlexis

There is someone on the Trading Hub who keeps (A) offering trades to specific people “for so-and-so” and (B) keeps bumping up their trades every hour or two.  I thought these behaviors were not okay? I reported the ones where they are offering to one person, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to specify what is wrong with a trade or what rule is being broken. 

Questions: If a trade is reported but then the trader (on his own) removes the trade and recreates a new trade, will the history of their trades along with the text still be seen by the mods? Also if someone deletes a trade and recreates the same trade every hour or two, will the mods be able to view these deleted and remade trades to verify they are identical? 

ETA: Like this. For a specific player.

913B6656-3EB8-4131-A982-EB2A9AD42FF0.thumb.jpeg.d0a19b2ed6c865bab74ff70f115c13a7.jpeg

Edited by missy_

The screenshot is definitely not allowed. Not sure what the exact rule on bumping trades is, but you could always take screenshots and send them to a mod.

@missy_  I've been reporting that same person's trades for that reason. I have no idea if cancelled/re-made trades would still show the reporting for the mods though, that's a good question.

@InvaderAlexis  I *think* it's the end of the tail? The sprite is facing to the left, like we are getting a side-view of the whole body, and I think that tiny bit at the bottom-right is the end of the tail.