Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

There is someone on the Trading Hub who keeps (A) offering trades to specific people “for so-and-so” and (B) keeps bumping up their trades every hour or two.  I thought these behaviors were not okay? I reported the ones where they are offering to one person, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to specify what is wrong with a trade or what rule is being broken. 

I'm pretty sure that person is just new. Based on past messages they're trying to give back to people they've gotten nice lines from the ap from. Don't think they need to be reported so much as somehow told what's going on. (through parent names on dragons if they aren't just declining all)

There's also some people that accidently make public trades instead of private trades.

4 minutes ago, Tini said:

somehow told what's going on

That could be difficult, as they don't seem to have a forum account. Maybe someone could look for them on some discord or other?

7 minutes ago, Tini said:

I'm pretty sure that person is just new. Based on past messages they're trying to give back to people they've gotten nice lines from the ap from. Don't think they need to be reported so much as somehow told what's going on. (through parent names on dragons if they aren't just declining all)

There's also some people that accidently make public trades instead of private trades.

They've been here long enough to know how to hide their scroll. I don't think they are necessarily that new - they have also built lyrical lineages and so on.

The rules on trading aren't clear, I would agree - but if you go to create a public trade (the only one where you can enter what you have and what you want) the message is quite clear:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

Saying "for Sandra Bullock" cannot be said not to be directed at a specific person.

ETA after Ruby's post: Maybe one of the specific people their trades are aimed at could say something...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

What Fuzz said. There is much to be said about the lack of clear Hub rules, but the *one* thing that is absolutely clear from the text itself is 'not just a specific person'. That's literally one of the only things that *is* actually completely clear. The only way to genuinely not know that is to not read the text at all.

I mean, I will die on the hill that 'should' is not a hard and fast rule statement. Its a very strong suggestion yes, but it doesn't read as an actual rule. Lots of people say you 'should' fog new eggs so they don't get sick, not a rule. Slightly different example, you 'should' name zombie fodder so others know not to use kids in lineages. 

Anyway, my point is not that the rules are vague, there's a different thread for that. My point is that kindness and trying to reach out to them to explain is better than reporting every person that doesn't understand the hub rules (when they're not loudly yelling about how they're a multiscroller or something like that).

6 hours ago, Tini said:

Anyway, my point is not that the rules are vague, there's a different thread for that. My point is that kindness and trying to reach out to them to explain is better than reporting every person that doesn't understand the hub rules (when they're not loudly yelling about how they're a multiscroller or something like that).

Well, since there *is* no way to reach out to someone directly in the game, and the person isn't on the forums (at least not with that name), I'd say the next best thing is alerting a mod. There is nothing users can do to explain unless they can somehow track the person down on a different site, but *mods* may have the ability to do so. (I don't know that for sure, but they definitely have abilities we don't...) Regardless, the person is breaking the rules. Whether you agree with the wording or not, they are doing something we are explicitly told not to do, and that is exactly what the 'report' button is for. 

@LadyLyzar  @purpledragonclaw  For clarification, is there anything mods can do to alert someone *why* what they are posting in the hub is not allowed? I've never been Hub-warned so I have no idea how it works, but is there an explanation that goes along with it?  (I'd also love to know the earlier question, can mods still see hub-reports if the trade is cancelled?)

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They've been here long enough to know how to hide their scroll. I don't think they are necessarily that new - they have also built lyrical lineages and so on.

The rules on trading aren't clear, I would agree - but if you go to create a public trade (the only one where you can enter what you have and what you want) the message is quite clear:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.

Saying "for Sandra Bullock" cannot be said not to be directed at a specific person.

ETA after Ruby's post: Maybe one of the specific people their trades are aimed at could say something...

9 hours ago, Tini said:

I mean, I will die on the hill that 'should' is not a hard and fast rule statement. Its a very strong suggestion yes, but it doesn't read as an actual rule. Lots of people say you 'should' fog new eggs so they don't get sick, not a rule. Slightly different example, you 'should' name zombie fodder so others know not to use kids in lineages. 

Posting to say - I have contacted someone that that particular individual (with a hidden scroll) names in their trades. They have no idea who it is either and say

I actually have no idea. They send me eggs like that all the time, but I can't find them on the forums, discord, or anywhere else. 
I've googled it a lot. 
I'm not really sure what I did to earn this "trust" but it happens frequently. 

I don't think this is a new person and I do think they need to be stopped from doing it. Reporting seems to be the only way - and the mods who get the reports can easily see what the issue is and spell it out. Given the number I have reported, - and I gather others have reported them as well - I imagine this has already happened, and that means they have taken no notice.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this has been on our radar before, but I'll see if I can give it a nudge.

ETA since I just noticed @HeatherMarie's post: if they aren't on the forum, no, there's no way to notify someone. To answer your other question, yes, we can still see reports on trades that have gone through or been cancelled.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Is anyone else having problems with adult content ads in the cave or forum? I have been flagging a number of the ads as inappropriate content: male products, suggestive anime and it's getting much worse tonight. I wish Google's AdChoices had a way to flag ads as "extremely offensive," but they keep reposting the same ads regardless of how I flag them. I'm on my phone, don't have computer access, so it's difficult to copy addresses to report. I certainly don't want to click any of these ads. What can I do?

"Joined on Dec 01, 2020" - so they are fairly new, even if they have the Platinum trophy already. They probably had help achieving that and now they want to pay that back by gifting to others?

Good to know that the mods are aware and taking care of it. Too bad that probably means they will be banned if there is no other way to contact them.

41 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Is anyone else having problems with adult content ads in the cave or forum? I have been flagging a number of the ads as inappropriate content: male products, suggestive anime and it's getting much worse tonight. I wish Google's AdChoices had a way to flag ads as "extremely offensive," but they keep reposting the same ads regardless of how I flag them. I'm on my phone, don't have computer access, so it's difficult to copy addresses to report. I certainly don't want to click any of these ads. What can I do?

Yeah, I've been on a mission lately against a specific adult-oriented ad. It does seem to help (maybe? a little?) if you go through to the actual Google ad settings page (clicking 'why this ad' after you 'x' it) and report it through there (I'm not sure if it works the same on mobile, but when I go through there it automatically inputs the ad info that I'd clicked through, so you don't have to try copying things). I haven't seen the specific one I've been targeting in the past day, I was seeing it literally every couple refreshes for awhile. 

(I spent forever trying to figure out if it was a 'targeted' ad, it is admittedly a topic I'd be interested in, but all my Google settings say personalization for ads are off, so...)

I tried to accept the transaction, but accept button was not pressed. egg limits was still ample, so is it an error?

19 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

충분한 공간이 있습니까?

Yes! just got back to the website, so I don't know much about it @.@

Weird, the trade should work as long as you both have enough egg slots. Unless one of you is hatche locked?

Also why is my quoted post in what looks like Korean?

4 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Also why is my quoted post in what looks like Korean?

The effect of translation software, I suspect. They had your response translated so that they could reply sensibly to it.

13 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

ETA since I just noticed @HeatherMarie's post: if they aren't on the forum, no, there's no way to notify someone. To answer your other question, yes, we can still see reports on trades that have gone through or been cancelled.

Is it perhaps possible, then, to have a link on the trade hub page to one that lists reasons you may have been banned ?  - people could even go there to see what would get them banned, as there is confusion.

With a bullet list:

• spam - e.g. song lyrics or "hahahaha" or so on
  • trades aimed at an individual player
  • trades asking for a specific egg (as in "the egg with code 12345")

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, I've been on a mission lately against a specific adult-oriented ad. It does seem to help (maybe? a little?) if you go through to the actual Google ad settings page (clicking 'why this ad' after you 'x' it) and report it through there (I'm not sure if it works the same on mobile, but when I go through there it automatically inputs the ad info that I'd clicked through, so you don't have to try copying things). I haven't seen the specific one I've been targeting in the past day, I was seeing it literally every couple refreshes for awhile. 

(I spent forever trying to figure out if it was a 'targeted' ad, it is admittedly a topic I'd be interested in, but all my Google settings say personalization for ads are off, so...)

Yeah, I've clicked the little x, that's where I flag it as inappropriate, but it seems to be worthless.

I've gone thru the adchoices menu but they want an url and I'm not going to open one of these sites to get it. One of the worst doesn't even have a visual x so I can't even report it as inappropriate.

I try to limit my info on Google, but my foray into the "personalization" never seemed to limit this junk either so mine is turned off. It's very frustrating.

6 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I'm not going to open one of these sites to get it.

I think touch&hold should give you a context menu where you can select to copy the target URL?

45 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think touch&hold should give you a context menu where you can select to copy the target URL?

Thank you, I'll try it.

Is there such a thing as a CB Alt Black? I was under the impression you could only obtain them from breeding. Has something changed? I see people asking for them in trades or the offspring of a CB Alt Black, and was just wondering. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

Is there such a thing as a CB Alt Black? I was under the impression you could only obtain them from breeding. Has something changed? I see people asking for them in trades or the offspring of a CB Alt Black, and was just wondering. Thanks.

Many years ago, there was a glitch resulting in one "Commondant Lassard", and later, from christmas raffles (they were not monthly back then), when Runners Up prizes existed (HM = Honorable Mentions), they were choosable by the winners. I think 3 chose one? Many others chose CB Holly, and 2 chose CB hybrid.

(Oh but your account is old enough, I think you knew about the christmas raffles, at least :) )

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Many years ago, there was a glitch resulting in one "Commondant Lassard", and later, from christmas raffles (they were not monthly back then), when Runners Up prizes existed (HM = Honorable Mentions), they were choosable by the winners. I think 3 chose one? Many others chose CB Holly, and 2 chose CB hybrid.

(Oh but your account is old enough, I think you knew about the christmas raffles, at least :) )

I do remember now that you reminded me, thank you. That makes sense now. :)

3 minutes ago, ShadowsGirl9 said:

If an egg gets auto-abandoned, how long after that will it appear on the AP?

That depends completely on the times in the AP. When the abandoned egg gets down to the times being shown in the AP, it will show up. (Be aware you can't pick up your own auto-abandoned egg though, unless someone else picks it up and abandons it again.)