Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

There's a good one in the Screenshot thread.

🤦‍♀️ WHY didnt i think to look there. i was looking everywhere except the one place thats so obvious... LOL! THANK YOU XD 

6 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

🤦‍♀️ WHY didnt i think to look there. i was looking everywhere except the one place thats so obvious... LOL! THANK YOU XD 

XD

You're welcome!

In my account settings, I have "show pending descriptions" checked.

However, I recently submitted a description for one of my own dragons, and three approvals and a week later it's still not showing for me. Is something broken? 

I see I have not received a badge for this Valentine event. I had no time to done the games and did get my two eggs and many more from the AP.

In short I did try the games and got about 7 different things Death, and the like. I did give it a go. So what now TJ?

6 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

I see I have not received a badge for this Valentine event. I had no time to done the games and did get my two eggs and many more from the AP.

In short I did try the games and got about 7 different things Death, and the like. I did give it a go. So what now TJ?

To get the badge you only needed to complete the first story -- the tutorial. If you completed that and got the badge then you could continue to work on the rest for some time after the event ended. Sadly, if you didn't get that far I don't think there is any way to get the badge now.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

To get the badge you only needed to complete the first story -- the tutorial. If you completed that and got the badge then you could continue to work on the rest for some time after the event ended. Sadly, if you didn't get that far I don't think there is any way to get the badge now.

Try as I might I could not seem to get more than the 7 or eight castings that I did get. 

TJ has let the story carry on running for a few days; maybe you can still get the badge if you play on.

Although the event banner is no longer there, and if you don't have a badge there is no direct on-site link to the event. If this direct link works, though, try to finish the very first tutorial story and hopefully you'll get the badge (the answers to each story are in the wiki and the thread in Site Discussion, if needed): https://dragcave.net/valentines21

Edited by HeatherMarie

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

In my account settings, I have "show pending descriptions" checked.

However, I recently submitted a description for one of my own dragons, and three approvals and a week later it's still not showing for me. Is something broken? 

Only certain reviewers have the magic that allows pending descriptions to appear after approving them, so I'm guessing none of us have reviewed yours yet.

P.S. if it's the tinsel, it should be showing now.

Edited by Lagie

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Only certain reviewers have the magic that allows pending descriptions to appear after approving them, so I'm guessing none of us have reviewed yours yet.

P.S. if it's the tinsel, it should be showing now.

*Bows* thank you, great and well read mage! :D 

The forum update seems to have reverted my forum theme selection to some default, away from the Dragon Cave specific styling. Does anyone know how I can switch back to the Dragon Cave specific one? The one I'm on now is slightly too bright overall (and I can't tell the difference between something that's underlined and something that's a link), so I'd love to go back to the other layout.

Anyone else having trouble posting images in forum posts? Copy and pasted some images and when I tried to repost them, they came out wrong.

6 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

The forum update seems to have reverted my forum theme selection to some default, away from the Dragon Cave specific styling. Does anyone know how I can switch back to the Dragon Cave specific one? The one I'm on now is slightly too bright overall (and I can't tell the difference between something that's underlined and something that's a link), so I'd love to go back to the other layout.

Theme is at the very bottom. However they look exactly the same now unless your on the main page.

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Theme is at the very bottom. However they look exactly the same now unless your on the main page.

Oh! Thanks for pointing that out to me! Even after you pointed it out, I wasn't actually able to click it at first, but after doing "Inspect Element" twice and each time removing an iframe that was apparently invisible layered over the theme select, I was able to switch themes. It doesn't look entirely the same to me - it has various grey panes where previously everything was white - so I'm already mostly happy. There are some things that don't look like they did before, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks again for your help! ❤️

18 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Bless you! The DC default brought back my buttons!

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting the error message on the caves a lot?  Every day...and only on the 5-minute or hourly drop.

16 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Are Mageia Xenowyrms seen as the most undesirable of the Xenos?

I don't think I've ever read that opinion.

My impression is that some people dislike Pyros (although that might have been just one person being very vocal about it), and some dislike Astrapis, while most people like Gaias.

Not sure about the new ones. I have seen trades with "no Aquilo", but that could have been people who simply didn't need more of them.

There is probably no objectively "most undesirable" type of Xeno.

Edit:

A tiny little question because I keep getting disoriented - did the "Are you sure you want to mark all content in the community as read?" popup have the buttons the other way around ("Cancel" on the left and "OK" on the right) before the update?

Edited by Confused Cat

Xenos are definitely just a personal preference rather than site-wide

24 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Edit:

A tiny little question because I keep getting disoriented - did the "Are you sure you want to mark all content in the community as read?" popup have the buttons the other way around ("Cancel" on the left and "OK" on the right) before the update?

I seem to remember it always being this way.

Just to confirm, the LAST BSA affects the Cantor color, correct?

So if you incubate a Cantor, then influence it, in theory it should be pink, right?

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Are Mageia Xenowyrms seen as the most undesirable of the Xenos?

They are actually my favourite!

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I just had the same impression. But I also switched skins from blue to DC because the blue one became a screen real estate hogger.

21 minutes ago, Charu said:

So if you incubate a Cantor, then influence it, in theory it should be pink, right?

Nope. Influence does not colour anything, pink (Mundus) is for "has no teleport/incubate/precognition applied to it". Yours would become red (Iratus).

5 hours ago, Charu said:

You are right that the last BSA used affects the color, but influence is not one of the BSAs that has an effect.

Teleport = orange

Precog = blue

Incubate = red

The only way to get a pink one is to use NONE OF THOSE because once you change the color with one of those there is no way to go back to pink.

Whoa! Is there no longer a space limit for signatures in the new update?

I just saw one with a HUGE dragon image.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Whoa! Is there no longer a space limit for signatures in the new update?

Hasn't been anymore since the version upgrade from some years ago, only an number-of-images limit is left.

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hasn't been anymore since the version upgrade from some years ago, only an number-of-images limit is left.

Really? Why did I never notice that? But it did cut things off usually if they are big, right? Because I have had the bottom of my siggie cut off if I tried to add something too big at the top.

What I just saw is a dragon image that is probably 4 times the height of my signature box and nothing was cut off.

Edited by purplehaze