Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

Isn't there a website that you can create a mock up of a lineage on? 

You're probably looking for this one: 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

@InvaderAlexis @Tinibree the bounce is definitely required lol, if you influence it and it hatches on your own scroll without a bounce it genders whatever you influenced. Bouncing removes the influence, and since neglecteds don't regain a new gender they become genderless.

 

tl;dr influence + bounce = genderless. if you don't do both they become gendered.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

tl;dr influence + bounce = genderless. if you don't do both they become gendered.

good to know! is this in the neglected guide..? if not, it should be ;) if it is... well, then i cant read XD 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

good to know! is this in the neglected guide..? if not, it should be ;) if it is... well, then i cant read XD 

It is, but it was in a spoiler so it was probably easy to overlook :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

It is, but it was in a spoiler so it was probably easy to overlook :blush:

ahh.. it makes sense for it to be under a spoiler, though ^^; no worries, thanks for the help :) 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, pegasi1978 said:

Isn't there a website that you can create a mock up of a lineage on? 

 

Allude of ND has a potential lineage viewer that matches DC's lineage pages, for matching dragons (or eggs) that already exist.

https://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage

Share this post


Link to post

But you need to have the available parents to make it show up. It won't build a whole line from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post

There is a change on the view and page in the mobile app that is very annoying.

 

Actions, Links and Add to Groups icons were across the top of the view page, easy to reach, no problem. Action Log, Groups, Change Sort Order and Links icons were at the the top of the scroll page, again no problem. 

 

Now, they have turned into dropdown menus and the last item in each menu is cut in half.

Why add an extra step when I'm using those icons so many times a day? :(

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Saynna said:

Any way of sorting by gender?

I've never seen any gender sort on the site.

AoND will do a scroll stat that tells you what your numbers and ratios are.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/7/2021 at 7:31 AM, dragongrrl said:

There is a change on the view and page in the mobile app that is very annoying.

 

Actions, Links and Add to Groups icons were across the top of the view page, easy to reach, no problem. Action Log, Groups, Change Sort Order and Links icons were at the the top of the scroll page, again no problem. 

 

Now, they have turned into dropdown menus and the last item in each menu is cut in half.

Why add an extra step when I'm using those icons so many times a day? :(

24 hrs and still no answer. The only change is that the bottom items on the dropdown menus are complete. Are we stuck with the extra step of having to go to the menu?

 

I want the icons back.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dragongrrl said:

24 hrs and still no answer. The only change is that the bottom items on the dropdown menus are complete. Are we stuck with the extra step of having to go to the menu?

 

I want the icons back.

Since TJ is the only one who can do anything about this, you might do better making it a separate thread. It does seem that he might have seen it, though, if the cut off things were fixed.

Share this post


Link to post

Just came back from running rl errands and the icons are back. Thank you, TJ and purplehaze!

Share this post


Link to post

I usually try to steer clear of lineages that can color wrong... so I'm a little unsure about this Nebbie... it will be purple, yes?

Thanks for the help.

 

https://imgur.com/cS5Fc8E

Share this post


Link to post

If you influenced or precogged it male, then yes. Otherwise it could be blue.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I influenced it male, yes. Thanks for confirming (it will color wrong). Danke!

Share this post


Link to post

Okay. I know that the forum has been merging posts if you double post within a few minutes. That has been happening since the update.

But I just had it happen to me with a PM.

Which is fine if it takes into account whether the person may have already read the PM in that time between the two. Does anyone know if it does?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Okay. I know that the forum has been merging posts if you double post within a few minutes. That has been happening since the update.

But I just had it happen to me with a PM.

Which is fine if it takes into account whether the person may have already read the PM in that time between the two. Does anyone know if it does?

Nope. It just merges regardless. Unless the other person replies.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2021 at 6:02 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Indirectly.

Go to Account, Groups, create a group, and use the filter field to add only the caveborns to that group.

You can use filters like

#cb

#bred

or generation markers:

#2g (for 2nd gens)

#3g etc

origin filters:

#alpine

...

#market

and finally, exact breed names:

#luminadragondark

 

Just recently, I added all caveborn Stone Dragons with a z at the beginnng of their code to a group:

#cb #stonedragon z

 

(I used the tag "#stonedragon" instead of just "stone" because there are also sunstones, moonstones, soulstones ...)

 

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! I didn't know the fields recognized generations! *A*

Share this post


Link to post

This is more of an 'I'd like people's opinions' thing, but I can't figure out where else to post it.... 

 

For anyone who uses dragons as dividers either on-scroll or in groups, is there any particular breeds that seem better for that? My initial thinking was to use something smaller, maybe a pygmy of some sort, to make the distinction more pronounced, but I'm curious if anyone picks specific breeds for certain reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is more of an 'I'd like people's opinions' thing, but I can't figure out where else to post it.... 

 

For anyone who uses dragons as dividers either on-scroll or in groups, is there any particular breeds that seem better for that? My initial thinking was to use something smaller, maybe a pygmy of some sort, to make the distinction more pronounced, but I'm curious if anyone picks specific breeds for certain reasons. 

Frozen hatchlings work too. I think people tend to use something of a contrasting colour to the group below it (like, say flamingoes when your group is mints, so the marker shows up). Otherwise, it's really a case of what you like and what will work for you.

Share this post


Link to post

I use frozen hatchies. Though I actually only have one marker !

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is more of an 'I'd like people's opinions' thing, but I can't figure out where else to post it.... 

 

For anyone who uses dragons as dividers either on-scroll or in groups, is there any particular breeds that seem better for that? My initial thinking was to use something smaller, maybe a pygmy of some sort, to make the distinction more pronounced, but I'm curious if anyone picks specific breeds for certain reasons. 

I use frozen hatchlings - mostly frozen Pink Dragons, which just have this lovely dancing pose. ❤️ I used to make them alternate between male and female, but I have too many dragons for that not to be tedious when I put something into the middle. XD (I started this habit before they got their BSA.)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is more of an 'I'd like people's opinions' thing, but I can't figure out where else to post it.... 

 

For anyone who uses dragons as dividers either on-scroll or in groups, is there any particular breeds that seem better for that? My initial thinking was to use something smaller, maybe a pygmy of some sort, to make the distinction more pronounced, but I'm curious if anyone picks specific breeds for certain reasons. 

I started to use Black hatchlings originally, just because they are distinctive, but I also have some little Royal Crimsons and other red breeds at the beginning of my scroll, because I love the RCs and their hatchlings. ❤️

 

*runs off to put together a new group to post* 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.