Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Yes. Very lucky, except now people will be pestering you. You might want to hide your post.

Eh, I've had a CB Prize for two years too and I've stayed relatively unpestered over the years.

Thanks for the warning, though. :D

Edited by Beldarius

10 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

2^8=256

Do older valentine dragons disappear when new release happens?

the first day of new release you can still catch and breed other valentines. The next two days are just the nr.

15 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It'll be easier to go to the Valley Sherwood hatchery nursery. It lets you set how many eggs/hatchlings you can load to view at really high numbers. 

yeah, that makes sense.

i'll give it a try, thanks!

I wanted to ask if anyone has similiar problem now: I can't add my eggs/hatchies to any click sites now. When I try I got no list with dragons or information that they can't connect to Dragon Cave server because it's down or something. But DC is working for me fine, so it's not the case. I have most of my eggs and dragons unhidden but any of these sites can't see any of them. Could someone try to add they scroll to some sites and let me know if it also happen to them? I tried 5 different sites, here's screenshot from 4 of them:

Errorr.png

I have the same problem. Looks like TJ is currently working on the DC API or so.

It's always kind of a relief to see that other people are having the same problem I am. None of the fansites I use can access the DC API right now, although they're not having any problem displaying eggs and hatchies already entered into them.

So it not just me, I'm at least glad it's not my PC fault.

4 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

None of the fansites I use can access the DC API right now, although they're not having any problem displaying eggs and hatchies already entered into them.

Yep, I also see eggs/draqons to view on these sites that were added before.

I hope TJ wil fix it soon.

If anyone notice it was fixed, please post it here, it would be really helpful :)

Interestingly, not the whole API seems to be affected. I can enter my eggs into Silvi's by their codes, and the site is even able to determine whether the egg is an ER or not. It seems it is only denied access to the scroll information.

Thank you, Imago. I run into the same problem and now add my egg by code. Works fine and I can give some views in return. :)

34 minutes ago, Imago said:

Interestingly, not the whole API seems to be affected. I can enter my eggs into Silvi's by their codes, and the site is even able to determine whether the egg is an ER or not. It seems it is only denied access to the scroll information.

Same with Daily Dragon Fix - I can't use the 'Import all' button, but it works fine to enter the codes one by one.

Hopefully this gets fixed pretty fast, until then, shove your ERs in your sigs I suppose lol

Yup yup, at least most of my eggs aren't super duper low time or I'd be a bit afraid HAHA - just put my lowest time one in my sig until this is fixed. :3

I'm not putting anything in anywhere until I can't avoid it. Haven't forgotten the time Egg Drop Soup went down with everyone's stuff in there gaining views and no-one being able to take them out.

Actually - is the "fan site" thread here working (I can't find it...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Okay, I've made terrible life Dragon Cave choices and now I'm worried that the nice Thuwed checker I have is gonna die, because I was indecisive as to whether to keep or trade it, and now it's down to two hours while all the hatcheries are having issues.

Oops.

Thanks to reading some of these replies, I've placed it manually into a few of them, but I'm worried it's still not getting enough views. I know it's been drilled into our heads over the years about not posting "egg/hatchie spam", but wasn't there recently a place on the forums where we could post our dragons? Anyone want to point me in the right direction so my very patient little hatchie doesn't die?

(Just checked it now and it seems to be maturing, thankfully, but it would be nice to know about that thread for future reference if this happens again.)

I also had problems with hatcheries about twenty minutes ago, but I've just successfully added my eggs to Neglected Dragon Daycare.

1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Okay, I've made terrible life Dragon Cave choices and now I'm worried that the nice Thuwed checker I have is gonna die, because I was indecisive as to whether to keep or trade it, and now it's down to two hours while all the hatcheries are having issues.

Oops.

Thanks to reading some of these replies, I've placed it manually into a few of them, but I'm worried it's still not getting enough views. I know it's been drilled into our heads over the years about not posting "egg/hatchie spam", but wasn't there recently a place on the forums where we could post our dragons? Anyone want to point me in the right direction so my very patient little hatchie doesn't die?

(Just checked it now and it seems to be maturing, thankfully, but it would be nice to know about that thread for future reference if this happens again.)

I just checked and all the sites are working now!

Gave your lil baby a click - I think it'll make it! >:3

Yes, it's working for me too! I just added my dragons to some hatcheries with no problem :D

2 minutes ago, herduleik said:

I just checked and all the sites are working now!

Gave your lil baby a click - I think it'll make it! >:3

I think you made it grow up! Thanks!! :D

Why did mods lock the 'remove name exclusivity' thread instead of just warning the people doing whatever it is that's against the rules? Shutting down an entire topic hardly seems productive. The suggestion board is pretty much useless anyways since there's rarely any admin feedback or concrit, might as well let people discuss the philosophy behind idealistic changes.

What constitutes a heated topic anyhow. Is passive aggressive use of italics and capitals heated, or sarcasm? Were the offending posts deleted? Sometimes it's hard to follow anything on the forums these days, alas.

Was there once a "guide to spriting" somewhere on the forums?  Or linked in the Dragon Requests section?  I don't see it there now.

I'm thinking of trying my hand at it, but I've never sprited anything before in my life.  I would love some resources if anyone has any!

Are 2020 Valentines from the cave *that* rare or am I going crazy? It seems like I’ve never seen a single one but I’ve seen every other year dozens of times over. 

2 hours ago, sorenna said:

Was there once a "guide to spriting" somewhere on the forums?  Or linked in the Dragon Requests section?  I don't see it there now.

I'm thinking of trying my hand at it, but I've never sprited anything before in my life.  I would love some resources if anyone has any!

You mean this topic? Doesn't look like it's been updated in decades, but may be what you're thinking of.