Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

One of the eggs I offered in a trade hatched and it didn't cancel the trade, just went from egg to hatchie. Is this a new thing?

Just tried with an AP egg and sadly it still cancelled it for me, so I guess yours was just a one-time glitch. (Got excited there for a moment!)

Edit: Although I guess that was a transfer started on my end, maybe offers work differently (just because they worked the same in the past doesn't mean that needs to still be true)? Let me test that, too.

Edit II: Nope, that also cancelled. One-time glitch.

Edited by pinkgothic

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Just tried with an AP egg and sadly it still cancelled it for me, so I guess yours was just a one-time glitch. (Got excited there for a moment!)

Edit: Although I guess that was a transfer started on my end, maybe offers work differently (just because they worked the same in the past doesn't mean that needs to still be true)? Let me test that, too.

Edit II: Nope, that also cancelled. One-time glitch.

I wonder if it has something to do with being on a tablet. I know if someone declines my trade and I refresh the offer page before I notice then refreshing it makes me offer the trade again. Must have annoyed a few people before I figured out what I was doing.

So I wonder if refreshing the page glitched it into offering the trade again but with it now being a hatchie. 

5 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I wonder if it has something to do with being on a tablet. I know if someone declines my trade and I refresh the offer page before I notice then refreshing it makes me offer the trade again. Must have annoyed a few people before I figured out what I was doing.

So I wonder if refreshing the page glitched it into offering the trade again but with it now being a hatchie. 

Oh, yeah, it'll definitely do that if you don't navigate away from the page that loads after you make the offer. :) If you want to avoid this effect without much clicking around, copy the URL of the trade into your browser URL bar (yes, it will look the same) and hit enter / navigate to the URL. That will open the page in a mode called "GET" (as opposed to a mode called "POST"), which you can refresh without resubmitting.

If you don't mind clicking, after offering, you can just navigate to the trade section, find your offer, click on the link there, and then refresh that link, that'll also use GET.

(I have no idea why the page does that, for the record; there's no immediately obvious technical reason for why it should behave that way. TJ is almost surely aware of GET after POST (a/k/a "Post/Redirect/Get"), but doesn't use it for trades - maybe there's a reason.)

question about valentines dragons - if have two caveborn of a breed - an adult and a frozen hatchie.  if i release the hatchie, am i now able to get another CB one that could grow up to be an adult?

Edited by trystan
rephrasing

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

question about valentines dragons - if have two caveborn of a breed - an adult and a frozen hatchie.  if i release the hatchie, am i now able to get another CB one that could grow up to be an adult?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Murkydepths said:

I froze a cb v day, if I release it can I grab another?

Yes.

so the Stratos are different colors at various times throughout the day, and one of those times is 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.  does this go by DC time?

(which would mean i can't change the time on my computer to fool it. rats.)

there's the Stratos, the Spirit Wards, and Nocturnes that change forms based on the time of day.  are there any others that do this?

Edited by trystan
typo

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

so the Stratos are different colors at various times throughout the day, and one of those times is 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.  does this go by DC time?

(which would mean i can't change the time on my computer to fool it. rats.)

there's the Stratos, the Spirit Wards, and Nocturnes that change forms based on the time of day.  are there any others that do this?

DC time, and no, the computer can't fool them. XD

Just those three, unless you add the glories, day and night, which don't actually change but which they are depends in when you pick up the egg (oh and solstice breeding too).

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Just those three, unless you add the glories, day and night, which don't actually change but which they are depends in when you pick up the egg (oh and solstice breeding too).

Then there are the Zombies which become tombstones during the day.  :D

thanks lagie and stormcaller!

dang, thought I could fool DC time for those 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. Stratos XD

I'll be on the lookout for Zombies when they reappear..... are they only in months with 31 days? or the last day of every month?

@trystan zombies appear between midnight and 6 am dc time for most days, and all day on 31sts only. However, unlike other time-changing dragons their tombstones still count towards unlocking the encyclopedia for their sprite, if that's your concern. Just click whatever zombie groups or fancy tombstones you find, since there's almost no way to tell which zombie it is when they're hidden.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, trystan said:

thanks lagie and stormcaller!

dang, thought I could fool DC time for those 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. Stratos XD

Bite the bullet - I did. Stayed up all night - just as I did for spirit wards. (though the colour I was missing was different, as I'm on GMT.)

ooh, that is very helpful, @Shadowdrake - yes, it's for the encyclopedia! :D

@Fuzzbucket - that was just me on a roll last night. i'm on Cave time, actually... so i'm awake when the 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. sprite is visible, i'm just not on DC at that time.  however.... because of the snow (and maybe the Stratos?) i woke up a little earlier than usual.... and clicked on the links on the spreadsheet for that time, and *presto* i unlocked the sprite :)

so, thanks to everyone who posts over in the encyclopedia thread, and updates that spreadsheet..... just about all of my sprites are unlocked in my encyclopedia!!

(i do need lots more Zombies, but that's the only greyed out sprite .... and nekkid luminas.  and close to 3 dozen different egg sprites, just for completion's sake. XD)

Edited by trystan
clarification

4 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Have you ever seen a common egg produced in a holiday breeding clutch?

Nope.

Do I need permission to submit a hybrid between two dragons, from the original spriters of those dragons? I'm asking anyways but I think one of them is inactive. 

42 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Have you ever seen a common egg produced in a holiday breeding clutch?

No, doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Do I need permission to submit a hybrid between two dragons, from the original spriters of those dragons? I'm asking anyways but I think one of them is inactive. 

It's considered polite, but if they don't answer in... I think a month? Or 30 days? You get permission automatically.

This is silly, but I came across the acronym UOD and couldn't place it here... What does UOD stand for in Dragon Cave terms?

10 minutes ago, Feathers said:

This is silly, but I came across the acronym UOD and couldn't place it here... What does UOD stand for in Dragon Cave terms?

UnOfficial Discord

sorry for the double post, but if i edit my previous one, the notification won't ding again......

if i'm clicking on eggs to view them to unlock them for my encyclopedia, how long does it take before they're clickable again so they count again? is it 24 hours? 

thanks!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

sorry for the double post, but if i edit my previous one, the notification won't ding again......

if i'm clicking on eggs to view them to unlock them for my encyclopedia, how long does it take before they're clickable again so they count again? is it 24 hours? 

thanks!

I know with adults it is a month, so I'm assuming that you can only use each egg once.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I know with adults it is a month, so I'm assuming that you can only use each egg once.

ah, good to know.

and yeah, that makes sense. 

thanks!