Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 minutes ago, Murkydepths said:

I froze a cb v day, if I release it can I grab another?

Yes.

so the Stratos are different colors at various times throughout the day, and one of those times is 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.  does this go by DC time?

(which would mean i can't change the time on my computer to fool it. rats.)

there's the Stratos, the Spirit Wards, and Nocturnes that change forms based on the time of day.  are there any others that do this?

Edited by trystan
typo

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

so the Stratos are different colors at various times throughout the day, and one of those times is 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.  does this go by DC time?

(which would mean i can't change the time on my computer to fool it. rats.)

there's the Stratos, the Spirit Wards, and Nocturnes that change forms based on the time of day.  are there any others that do this?

DC time, and no, the computer can't fool them. XD

Just those three, unless you add the glories, day and night, which don't actually change but which they are depends in when you pick up the egg (oh and solstice breeding too).

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Just those three, unless you add the glories, day and night, which don't actually change but which they are depends in when you pick up the egg (oh and solstice breeding too).

Then there are the Zombies which become tombstones during the day.  :D

thanks lagie and stormcaller!

dang, thought I could fool DC time for those 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. Stratos XD

I'll be on the lookout for Zombies when they reappear..... are they only in months with 31 days? or the last day of every month?

@trystan zombies appear between midnight and 6 am dc time for most days, and all day on 31sts only. However, unlike other time-changing dragons their tombstones still count towards unlocking the encyclopedia for their sprite, if that's your concern. Just click whatever zombie groups or fancy tombstones you find, since there's almost no way to tell which zombie it is when they're hidden.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, trystan said:

thanks lagie and stormcaller!

dang, thought I could fool DC time for those 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. Stratos XD

Bite the bullet - I did. Stayed up all night - just as I did for spirit wards. (though the colour I was missing was different, as I'm on GMT.)

ooh, that is very helpful, @Shadowdrake - yes, it's for the encyclopedia! :D

@Fuzzbucket - that was just me on a roll last night. i'm on Cave time, actually... so i'm awake when the 3 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. sprite is visible, i'm just not on DC at that time.  however.... because of the snow (and maybe the Stratos?) i woke up a little earlier than usual.... and clicked on the links on the spreadsheet for that time, and *presto* i unlocked the sprite :)

so, thanks to everyone who posts over in the encyclopedia thread, and updates that spreadsheet..... just about all of my sprites are unlocked in my encyclopedia!!

(i do need lots more Zombies, but that's the only greyed out sprite .... and nekkid luminas.  and close to 3 dozen different egg sprites, just for completion's sake. XD)

Edited by trystan
clarification

Have you ever seen a common egg produced in a holiday breeding clutch?

4 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Nope.

Do I need permission to submit a hybrid between two dragons, from the original spriters of those dragons? I'm asking anyways but I think one of them is inactive. 

42 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

No, doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Do I need permission to submit a hybrid between two dragons, from the original spriters of those dragons? I'm asking anyways but I think one of them is inactive. 

It's considered polite, but if they don't answer in... I think a month? Or 30 days? You get permission automatically.

This is silly, but I came across the acronym UOD and couldn't place it here... What does UOD stand for in Dragon Cave terms?

10 minutes ago, Feathers said:

This is silly, but I came across the acronym UOD and couldn't place it here... What does UOD stand for in Dragon Cave terms?

UnOfficial Discord

sorry for the double post, but if i edit my previous one, the notification won't ding again......

if i'm clicking on eggs to view them to unlock them for my encyclopedia, how long does it take before they're clickable again so they count again? is it 24 hours? 

thanks!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

sorry for the double post, but if i edit my previous one, the notification won't ding again......

if i'm clicking on eggs to view them to unlock them for my encyclopedia, how long does it take before they're clickable again so they count again? is it 24 hours? 

thanks!

I know with adults it is a month, so I'm assuming that you can only use each egg once.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I know with adults it is a month, so I'm assuming that you can only use each egg once.

ah, good to know.

and yeah, that makes sense. 

thanks!

@trystanIt'll be easier to go to the Valley Sherwood hatchery nursery. It lets you set how many eggs/hatchlings you can load to view at really high numbers. 

I'm bad at math. If you have a 9G checker egg, how many dragons are there in G1?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

43 minutes ago, Beldarius said:

Yes. Very lucky, except now people will be pestering you. You might want to hide your post.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I'm bad at math. If you have a 9G checker egg, how many dragons are there in G1?

2^8=256

Do older valentine dragons disappear when new release happens?

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

2^8=256

Do older valentine dragons disappear when new release happens?

The Valentine biome will still be there with the old breeds in it, and the new release will pop up in all the regular biomes.