Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thank you Ruby Eyes, you have saved me a huge deal of time!

Is there a problem with the ratios for Deep Seas?  My Deep Sea x Red Finned Tidal pair for a lineage project only seem to want to give me Red Finned Tidals lately.

1 hour ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Is there a problem with the ratios for Deep Seas?  My Deep Sea x Red Finned Tidal pair for a lineage project only seem to want to give me Red Finned Tidals lately.

I see a lot of Deep Seas in the AP, so it may just be that people are breeding more of them than the RFTs.

It may also just be that particular pair. I sometimes find that changing mates can make a difference.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I see a lot of Deep Seas in the AP, so it may just be that people are breeding more of them than the RFTs.

It may also just be that particular pair. I sometimes find that changing mates can make a difference.

Thanks!  I've changed mates once so I guess I'll just keep trying (and changing mates) until I get a Deep Sea 😁

8 minutes ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Thanks!  I've changed mates once so I guess I'll just keep trying (and changing mates) until I get a Deep Sea 😁

Good luck!

*sending Deep Sea vibes*

3 hours ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Yeah, I'm working on a Deep Sea/Stratos lineage ATM, and for all 5 generations thus far it's nothing but Stratos, no Deep Seas. They're super abundant, especially compared to Stratos and Red-Finned Tidals, so I guess it's the nebulous ratios at work.

19 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Unfortunately the point is that we're not sure. There were some other Cantormaris related glitches near the release, such as teleported Cantormaris eggs not always changing colours, so we're not sure if the AP behaviour that was observed near the release date was intended behaviour and kept, or if it was changed to reset the Cantormaris to its Mundus form.

it seems to still work this way. I picked up this cantor from AP and only used influence on it, and it's orange - https://dragcave.net/lineage/v2Aku

Can we tell if it had been teleported before it was abandoned ?

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Not likely. But it must have been abandoned afterward, if it was teleported, which means that abandoning at least does not wipe previous actions. Or else abandoning is equivalent to teleporting in its effect.

We still can't be sure. :wacko:

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Or else abandoning is equivalent to teleporting in its effect.

I don't think that could be true - most eggs people have gotten from the AP have been Mundus Cantormaris.

Looks pretty sure to me. If the majority of later AP cantors (especially bred ones) are pink, instead of being a mix of 1/4th each, but other colors still show up, then:

a) AP is probably not randomizing colors

b) AP is not turning them into one specific color

thus c) AP still retains coloring from the last user

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

if someone wants to teleport me a cantor, i can abandon it, and we could figure out if it hatches orange....?

3 hours ago, trystan said:

if someone wants to teleport me a cantor, i can abandon it, and we could figure out if it hatches orange....?

what if someone else picks it up off the ap? the safest bet would be to grab one off the ap at the time that its at now, teleport it to someone else, re-abandon it, have the other person pick it back up, and see what happens..? im confusing myself with this O.o

hmm, good point.  well, we've got one in the works, we'll see what happens!

I have this little guy that just hatched -- picked up from the AP, but no idea what was done to it before it was abandoned. https://dragcave.net/lineage/lJUo1

I really can't tell Itus from Mundus at s1! I've been staring at the hatchies on the Wiki and then back at this one until I am cross-eyed and I'm still not sure! XD

Edited by purplehaze

39 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have this little guy that just hatched -- picked up from the AP, but no idea what was done to it before it was abandoned. https://dragcave.net/lineage/lJUo1

I really can't tell Itus from Mundus at s1! I've been staring at the hatchies on the Wiki and then back at this one until I am cross-eyed and I'm still not sure! XD

Comparing that to the hatchling pictures in my encyclopedia I'd say you have a mundus (pink) variety.  Might also want to change that link to lineage.

Edited by Dracaena

6 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Comparing that to the hatchling pictures in my encyclopedia I'd say you have a mundus (pink) variety.  Might also want to change that link to lineage.

Thanks. That is sort of what I thought, but they are awfully hard to distinguish at that stage.

And thanks for the reminder about the link. Now could you remove the view link from your quote of my post?

I changed the text, the link was already removed so all good. :) Or I told it to the first time,  looking again it looked like a link but didn't go anywhere.  I told it to behave again!

What helps me to tell them apart at stage one is look at the color of the front of the wing. The pink is a little dark but definitely not blue or orange.  The red one has black at the front of the wing with red down the throat where the others have white.

Edited by Dracaena

10 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

what if someone else picks it up off the ap? the

10 hours ago, trystan said:

hmm, good point.  well, we've got one in the works, we'll see what happens!

Since it's a bred one, and you know what you did to it and you know the breeder :P , the breeder can check the offspring in six days' time and see what colour it is no matter where it ends up. XD

30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Since it's a bred one, and you know what you did to it and you know the breeder :P , the breeder can check the offspring in six days' time and see what colour it is no matter where it ends up. XD

Well, yes, but you won't know what the new owner did to it after it landed?

Exactly. We need to catch one from the AP that one of us did something to. Ideally one for each action - in THEORY red should not hold up, as incubate is lost on abandoning. Orange - tough one; we need to catch an unteleported one for that. Blue - now there's the interesting one, for me. Because it CHANGES nothing.

But we need to catch eggs that one of US dropped. So that we know for sure.

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly. We need to catch one from the AP that one of us did something to. Ideally one for each action - in THEORY red should not hold up, as incubate is lost on abandoning. Orange - tough one; we need to catch an unteleported one for that. Blue - now there's the interesting one, for me. Because it CHANGES nothing.

But we need to catch eggs that one of US dropped. So that we know for sure.

I have 4 ready, one for each color, but ill need someone to trade with for the orange. Is it better to drop now or wait till its closer to ap time?

Edit: headed to bed, but happy to make arrangements later. Ill be up around 4pm cave time.

Edited by DragonLady86
Added info

I can't be relied upon to play in the AP today as I have a zoom rehearsal to be at - I'll check when it's over.. Just saying.

I'd try to do it when they are around AP times, so that we can be around to catch them....