Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

13 minutes ago, tiktokism said:

Can description reviewers still see the gender of ungendered frozen hatchlings?

Seems not. I just chanced upon a hatchling that says "(Stage 1Frozen Hatchling Spitfire Dragon)"

(Didn't think they ever could, but I never paid attention)

19 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Seems not. I just chanced upon a hatchling that says "(Stage 1Frozen Hatchling Spitfire Dragon)"

(Didn't think they ever could, but I never paid attention)

Thanks for the confirmation! It was a thing a very very long time ago that I assumed had been fixed, but I didn't remember if it actually had been. You used to be able to beg description reviewers to tell you the gender; not a good use of the description review system but it was definitely done.

Yeah, I remember coming across s1 hatchling descriptions that asked you to leave a comment with the gender because apparently the description system would show gender information early. Very long time ago though, I'd say pre-2009?

Edited by Terces

hi! site says "You appear to be using a proxy. While this won’t stop you from visiting Dragon Cave, you cannot give views and clicks to eggs/hatchling" but I don't have any proxy

2 minutes ago, damekkodark said:

hi! site says "You appear to be using a proxy. While this won’t stop you from visiting Dragon Cave, you cannot give views and clicks to eggs/hatchling" but I don't have any proxy

You may have and not be aware, OR your IP address may be on a blacklist. You are not alone, and it will probably go away in time.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You may have and not be aware, OR your IP address may be on a blacklist. You are not alone, and it will probably go away in time.

Thank you! Nothing changes since yesterday in what I do with internet so I hope it will go away soon

Has ANYONE got a soulpeace from a soulpeace x UV pairing ? I am beginning to wonder if it is simply impossible.... Maybe I have to completely revamp my hybrid lineage :( 

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Has ANYONE got a soulpeace from a soulpeace x UV pairing ? I am beginning to wonder if it is simply impossible.... Maybe I have to completely revamp my hybrid lineage :( 

Ultraviolets are awfully underpopulated, only Spitfires seem to be worse ...

(I'm trying to get a Black from them - and alt Black even - and I think I'm about to change something in that lineage of mine, too)

Yeah - I have just substituted Amaltheans - in a week, we shall see...

Has anyone else been getting the tombstone error page randomly lately? Not at maintenance-time, seemingly random times throughout the day. Just now I clicked on a trade in the hub and got the error page, refreshed multiple times with no success, going back to the trading list was successful. It was happening randomly yesterday too.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Yes.

I assumed the problem with the tombstone showing up was a problem on my end.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

The error page has been randomly popping up for awhile now,  very annoying and no rhyme nor reason to it that I've noticed.

can someone help me real quick, i have a ND experiment today and i need an answer before i do it :blink: in order for a neglected to be ungendered, you have to bounce it, right? and if you bounce it, theres no chance of it having a gender, right? i havent done this mechanic in a while... i've completely forgotten if thats how it works and the wiki was confusing me XD 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

can someone help me real quick, i have a ND experiment today and i need an answer before i do it :blink: in order for a neglected to be ungendered, you have to bounce it, right? and if you bounce it, theres no chance of it having a gender, right? i havent done this mechanic in a while... i've completely forgotten if thats how it works and the wiki was confusing me XD 

you have to influence it. its the influence that makes the system confused on the breed change.

Edited by Tinibree

15 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

you have to influence it. its the influence that makes the system confused on the breed change.

influence in conjunction with the bounce?? 🤔 so, if you bounced it to someone else and didnt influence it beforehand, it would still gender?

6 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

influence in conjunction with the bounce?? 🤔 so, if you bounced it to someone else and didnt influence it beforehand, it would still gender?

I'm actually not 100% on if the bounce is required. I don't think it is. But yeah, if you only bounce it genders. You also can't influence for a boy or a girl because if it turns it will be genderless, you have to precog for that.

Bouncing just gives you an extra day for the egg to hatch, because you incubate it before and it gains the day back. Limits turn-deaths.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Terces said:

Yeah, I remember coming across s1 hatchling descriptions that asked you to leave a comment with the gender because apparently the description system would show gender information early. Very long time ago though, I'd say pre-2009?

I have a hatchling from March 2010 with a name and description that alludes to having been identified this way, so it was still happening at least at that point. Permanent S1 freezing with no possibility of later gendering was one of the new features announced on 11-11-2010 so maybe that change eliminated the preassigned gender from S1 hatchlings. I wonder if very old hatchlings would still display latent genders in the review system, but I'm not inclined to abuse the review system to find out.

57 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

Isn't there a website that you can create a mock up of a lineage on? 

You're probably looking for this one: 

@InvaderAlexis @Tinibree the bounce is definitely required lol, if you influence it and it hatches on your own scroll without a bounce it genders whatever you influenced. Bouncing removes the influence, and since neglecteds don't regain a new gender they become genderless.

tl;dr influence + bounce = genderless. if you don't do both they become gendered.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

tl;dr influence + bounce = genderless. if you don't do both they become gendered.

good to know! is this in the neglected guide..? if not, it should be ;) if it is... well, then i cant read XD 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

good to know! is this in the neglected guide..? if not, it should be ;) if it is... well, then i cant read XD 

It is, but it was in a spoiler so it was probably easy to overlook :blush:

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

It is, but it was in a spoiler so it was probably easy to overlook :blush:

ahh.. it makes sense for it to be under a spoiler, though ^^; no worries, thanks for the help :)