Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

what if someone else picks it up off the ap? the

 

10 hours ago, trystan said:

hmm, good point.  well, we've got one in the works, we'll see what happens!

Since it's a bred one, and you know what you did to it and you know the breeder :P , the breeder can check the offspring in six days' time and see what colour it is no matter where it ends up. XD

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

 

Since it's a bred one, and you know what you did to it and you know the breeder :P , the breeder can check the offspring in six days' time and see what colour it is no matter where it ends up. XD

Well, yes, but you won't know what the new owner did to it after it landed?

Share this post


Link to post

Exactly. We need to catch one from the AP that one of us did something to. Ideally one for each action - in THEORY red should not hold up, as incubate is lost on abandoning. Orange - tough one; we need to catch an unteleported one for that. Blue - now there's the interesting one, for me. Because it CHANGES nothing.

 

But we need to catch eggs that one of US dropped. So that we know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly. We need to catch one from the AP that one of us did something to. Ideally one for each action - in THEORY red should not hold up, as incubate is lost on abandoning. Orange - tough one; we need to catch an unteleported one for that. Blue - now there's the interesting one, for me. Because it CHANGES nothing.

 

But we need to catch eggs that one of US dropped. So that we know for sure.

I have 4 ready, one for each color, but ill need someone to trade with for the orange. Is it better to drop now or wait till its closer to ap time?

 

Edit: headed to bed, but happy to make arrangements later. Ill be up around 4pm cave time.

Edited by DragonLady86
Added info

Share this post


Link to post

I can't be relied upon to play in the AP today as I have a zoom rehearsal to be at - I'll check when it's over.. Just saying.

 

I'd try to do it when they are around AP times, so that we can be around to catch them....

Share this post


Link to post

Can description reviewers still see the gender of ungendered frozen hatchlings?

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, tiktokism said:

Can description reviewers still see the gender of ungendered frozen hatchlings?

Seems not. I just chanced upon a hatchling that says "(Stage 1Frozen Hatchling Spitfire Dragon)"

(Didn't think they ever could, but I never paid attention)

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Seems not. I just chanced upon a hatchling that says "(Stage 1Frozen Hatchling Spitfire Dragon)"

(Didn't think they ever could, but I never paid attention)

Thanks for the confirmation! It was a thing a very very long time ago that I assumed had been fixed, but I didn't remember if it actually had been. You used to be able to beg description reviewers to tell you the gender; not a good use of the description review system but it was definitely done.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I remember coming across s1 hatchling descriptions that asked you to leave a comment with the gender because apparently the description system would show gender information early. Very long time ago though, I'd say pre-2009?

Edited by Terces

Share this post


Link to post

hi! site says "You appear to be using a proxy. While this won’t stop you from visiting Dragon Cave, you cannot give views and clicks to eggs/hatchling" but I don't have any proxy

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, damekkodark said:

hi! site says "You appear to be using a proxy. While this won’t stop you from visiting Dragon Cave, you cannot give views and clicks to eggs/hatchling" but I don't have any proxy

 

You may have and not be aware, OR your IP address may be on a blacklist. You are not alone, and it will probably go away in time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You may have and not be aware, OR your IP address may be on a blacklist. You are not alone, and it will probably go away in time.

Thank you! Nothing changes since yesterday in what I do with internet so I hope it will go away soon

Share this post


Link to post

Has ANYONE got a soulpeace from a soulpeace x UV pairing ? I am beginning to wonder if it is simply impossible.... Maybe I have to completely revamp my hybrid lineage :( 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Has ANYONE got a soulpeace from a soulpeace x UV pairing ? I am beginning to wonder if it is simply impossible.... Maybe I have to completely revamp my hybrid lineage :( 

Ultraviolets are awfully underpopulated, only Spitfires seem to be worse ...

(I'm trying to get a Black from them - and alt Black even - and I think I'm about to change something in that lineage of mine, too)

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah - I have just substituted Amaltheans - in a week, we shall see...

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else been getting the tombstone error page randomly lately? Not at maintenance-time, seemingly random times throughout the day. Just now I clicked on a trade in the hub and got the error page, refreshed multiple times with no success, going back to the trading list was successful. It was happening randomly yesterday too.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Yes.

I assumed the problem with the tombstone showing up was a problem on my end.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Share this post


Link to post

The error page has been randomly popping up for awhile now,  very annoying and no rhyme nor reason to it that I've noticed.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

can someone help me real quick, i have a ND experiment today and i need an answer before i do it :blink: in order for a neglected to be ungendered, you have to bounce it, right? and if you bounce it, theres no chance of it having a gender, right? i havent done this mechanic in a while... i've completely forgotten if thats how it works and the wiki was confusing me XD 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

can someone help me real quick, i have a ND experiment today and i need an answer before i do it :blink: in order for a neglected to be ungendered, you have to bounce it, right? and if you bounce it, theres no chance of it having a gender, right? i havent done this mechanic in a while... i've completely forgotten if thats how it works and the wiki was confusing me XD 

you have to influence it. its the influence that makes the system confused on the breed change.

Edited by Tinibree

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

you have to influence it. its the influence that makes the system confused on the breed change.

influence in conjunction with the bounce?? 🤔 so, if you bounced it to someone else and didnt influence it beforehand, it would still gender?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

influence in conjunction with the bounce?? 🤔 so, if you bounced it to someone else and didnt influence it beforehand, it would still gender?

I'm actually not 100% on if the bounce is required. I don't think it is. But yeah, if you only bounce it genders. You also can't influence for a boy or a girl because if it turns it will be genderless, you have to precog for that.

 

Bouncing just gives you an extra day for the egg to hatch, because you incubate it before and it gains the day back. Limits turn-deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Terces said:

Yeah, I remember coming across s1 hatchling descriptions that asked you to leave a comment with the gender because apparently the description system would show gender information early. Very long time ago though, I'd say pre-2009?

I have a hatchling from March 2010 with a name and description that alludes to having been identified this way, so it was still happening at least at that point. Permanent S1 freezing with no possibility of later gendering was one of the new features announced on 11-11-2010 so maybe that change eliminated the preassigned gender from S1 hatchlings. I wonder if very old hatchlings would still display latent genders in the review system, but I'm not inclined to abuse the review system to find out.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.