Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I think that's a design change that should probably be amended again.

Basically, the limit was not enforced anymore through the signature editor, it only was a display effect after the upgrade.

It seems that this was removed now as well, from what you're describing. Might be worth a bug report, actually ...

Yeah, I just added all those x lines at the top of mine to test it and it didn't cut any of it off.

It definitely needs changed!

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, I just added all those x lines at the top of mine to test it and it didn't cut any of it off.

i was wondering why you had so many of them now XD 

ooh sorry for the double post but i have a quick question: hatchies rarely die of sickness, right? ive heard of people intentionally trying to kill a hatchie with sickness but still failing, but still, i'm nervous for my little lumina who's been sick for a day. i never took it out of hatcheries because it got sick as an egg and hatched and figured it'd be fine, and still think it'll pull through, but still... i'm nervous for the little baby, but don't feel like fogging (LOL i'm willing to risk it). i know its safer to fog, but what are the chances of it dying from sickness at this rate? i only have it in one hatchery (AoND) 

39 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

ooh sorry for the double post but i have a quick question: hatchies rarely die of sickness, right? ive heard of people intentionally trying to kill a hatchie with sickness but still failing, but still, i'm nervous for my little lumina who's been sick for a day. i never took it out of hatcheries because it got sick as an egg and hatched and figured it'd be fine, and still think it'll pull through, but still... i'm nervous for the little baby, but don't feel like fogging (LOL i'm willing to risk it). i know its safer to fog, but what are the chances of it dying from sickness at this rate? i only have it in one hatchery (AoND) 

I always remove my hatchlings after hatching and fog them for the first 20-24 hours. A new hatchie is as susceptible as a new egg for sickness and death. Mine are always fogged unless I want them to receive views. 

The fact that your hatchie hasn't recovered from egg sickness indicates that you should fog it now. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

The fact that your hatchie hasn't recovered from egg sickness indicates that you should fog it now. Good luck!

thats what i was worried about LOL ^^; i was like "ok any minute now it should recover..... any minute now.... 

i was gonna let it sit but its still sick and now im feeling less brave about risking it XD at least its not dead... and if it does die, then i guess i can attempt a zombie hatchie ^^;

I know that Dorsals and Ridgewings can have CB alts, but does this go for all other breeds that have alts like Black and Undine dragons? Or are those bred only?

11 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

I know that Dorsals and Ridgewings can have CB alts, but does this go for all other breeds that have alts like Black and Undine dragons? Or are those bred only?

Blacks, Dark Greens, and Undines are bred-only for alts. 

1 hour ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

TJ has the CB from 2008 and there is one Black CB alt, a fluke from the very early years in the Cave, Commondant Lassard from 2009. At one point, he was given fake parents because of some petty jealousy, but public outrage allowed him to return to his natural CB state.

Both of these dragons are in the CB line of this dragon, https://dragcave.net/lineage/nkPRu.

There were also Alt CB Blacks and Vines, as well as a few CB female Hollies, given out as raffle prizes in 2011 or 12(?) I'm sure there is more info on them if you ask around. 

Edited by dragongrrl
Spelling correction

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Blacks, Dark Greens, and Undines are bred-only for alts. 

44 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

TJ has the CB from 2008 and there is one Black CB alt, a fluke from the very early years in the Cave, Commondant Lassard from 2009.

Thank you!

Spinels are also with breed-only alts - if the other parent has earth elemental alignment.

13 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

I have had hatchlings stay sick for so long the adult still has the message until the cave catches up. If it hadn't died at the time of your posting, it probably did not need any help not after a full day.

Jeeze, it's been so long since I've posted I've forgotten how - aI MEANT to ask a question here and instead posted a new question. Sorry about that. My little question is how do I change my avatar? And now that question I posted needs to be gotten rid of. So .sorry 

WooHOOO! Managed to do it myself! Yay me!

Edited by Oddsoxdi
Answered my own question :-)

And there I posted in your separate thread !

i have a question about Fertility.

i have two Labradorites, one is a female adult, and the other is an influenced-male egg.  my plan is to breed them once the egg is all growed up.

if i use Fertility on the female adult now, will it still be "active" once the egg is an adult male?

or is it better to wait until the egg has finally growed up to use the Fertility?

*i know "growed" isn't a word XD 

@trystan Fertility lasts until you breed the dragon you used it on, so you can use it now if you want. I've forgotten about already-Fertilized dragons and they were still Fertilized months later, lol. 

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

if i use Fertility on the female adult now, will it still be "active" once the egg is an adult male?

Fertility will last until you breed her. No matter how long that is. I have a dragon that I used fertility on by mistake over a year ago and since it is one I will never breed it is still greyed out on the fertility screen.

Just had a message show up on my dragon page saying that I seem to be using a proxy which will prevent me from giving views on the site. I don't understand why I am receiving this message since nothing on my phone has changed. I don't think anything on the phone uses proxies.

LG, android with Chrome browser.

Tried turning off and restarting phone, cleared cache, the message is still there. Any ideas on how to clear this?

And now, it's gone!

Edited by dragongrrl
More data.

I know it's possible to 'hide' your own post, like if you accidentally double-post or something, but is it possible to do that with actual threads? Even if others have replied to the thread? I feel like that's a strange thing, to be able to just delete a whole thread when others have responded to it? (Asking because I responded to a thread last night before bed and spent way too long this morning wondering if I'd just dreamed it because it's no longer there at all, a look in my browser's history shows it wasn't a dream but the thread is no longer there...)

I am pretty sure that that used to be impossible. Maybe it is something that just happened with this latest forum "upgrade".

I am pretty sure you can if it was your thread, as there was a TLQ from someone not so long ago who had actually DONE that and couldn't find it to put it back.

I'll go try....

Yes you can. You have the option when you go to edit the first post:

image.png.8e25ef2a6862267aa81bcdcef3a25c52.png

And when you check hide and save, you get.

image.png.1fc5dab19bd0904c0ca45279d620b89c.png

But I thought you couldn't do that after someone else had posted on it. I seem to remember in this Help forum people wanting to get rid of posts and not being able to because someone else had posted an answer.

Edited by purplehaze

couldn't find this with a cursory google search... how many "Unique Breeds" are we up to now? what's the max number my scroll can say?