Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, Samson1427 said:

Hi, I have a question please. I see black Sweetlings, and wonder how do you breed for them?? I always get pink ones. (The Valentine dragon)

Sadly black Sweetlings can only be bred/owned by people who lost their Sweetling eggs due to a glitch on their release day. It was given to them as compensation.

I'm reviewing descriptiins for the first time in a while. Is anyone else finding the system is stuck, giving you again the description you just reviewed? I'm having to click out to Account and back in to Review Descriptions to get a new one.

The past few days I've often had egg images not loading after breeding. It's not an ad blocker problem, it happens randomly with different breeds, and the same breed would often load normally a few moments before or after when I bred a different pair. I've even had a Valentine multiclutch where some eggs didn't appear. (IIRC one or two were displayed, and in reality four had been bred - and they were all the same breed.)

Not a really big problem, just annoying, but I was wondering if it's just me...?

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm reviewing descriptiins for the first time in a while. Is anyone else finding the system is stuck, giving you again the description you just reviewed? I'm having to click out to Account and back in to Review Descriptions to get a new one.

Tested it myself, not having any such problems so far. Five or six dragons in a row, all were different.

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

The past few days I've often had egg images not loading after breeding. It's not an ad blocker problem, it happens randomly with different breeds, and the same breed would often load normally a few moments before or after when I bred a different pair. I've even had a Valentine multiclutch where some eggs didn't appear. (IIRC one or two were displayed, and in reality four had been bred - and they were all the same breed.)

Not a really big problem, just annoying, but I was wondering if it's just me...?

Not just you, I had it happen as well.

Also happens after setting up a teleport - the line with the things being teleported just doesn't show up, I have to go to the hub and click the teleport from there to see if I did it right.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I've had this happening to me for months!

I just had it happen with the teleport for the first time when I was making a transfer for you yesterday, @Ruby EyesXD

Edited by Aqub

8 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

i tried breeding a pair yesterday and the image didn't show up then either.

however, the last time i bred some pairs was for valentine breeding, and i saw all the images then. huh. weird.

That's lag! TJ seems to have adjusted the game to provide minimum player lag, with the caveat that now the game sometimes has to "catch up" for a few seconds, leading to results screens not actually showing results (such as AP hatchies growing wild, fresh-caught ap eggs not showing actions for a few seconds, breeding and teleport not showing results, cave dropping fogballs, and bsas or actions taking a second or two to activate after sending). Basically these problems all fit together and it looks like it's due to recent changed tj made.

that makes sense Shadowdrake!

for a moment (until i refreshed my scroll) i didn't know which color my purple x gold pairing gave me.  (it was a purple.  i wanted the gold) XD 

Very tiny question here - what in the world does "yeet" mean?

I've seen it a few times lately and a couple of times today, but the usage isn't consistent enough for me to figure out what people mean when they use it. What is it and how did it originate?

22 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I've seen it a few times lately and a couple of times today, but the usage isn't consistent enough for me to figure out what people mean when they use it. What is it and how did it originate?

Usually means "toss" or "throw". Apparently it also sometimes means "expressing excitement or approval" or "moving quickly", which I was personally not familiar with.

30 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Means throw and came from a vine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bjy5YQ5xPc . The full quote started as a meme but over time (a few months) we just started using the word yeet. and now its just part of english and I think that's beautiful

We all know that Sweetlings can be hatched Dark so long as they are derived from a Dark Sweetling parent and on a person's scroll which was affected by the 2010 glitch but apparently, so can a Sweetling hatched Pink turn Dark, so long as it is derived from a Dark Sweetling parent and ends up on an affected-user's scroll.

That's what the wiki says, anyways, but I would like to have verification! Are there any previously very Pink Sweetlings which have turned Dark for glitch-affected people after trading?

Edited by lovecats99

I believe if I breed a nice pink one, it will stay pink when teleported to a dark sweetling scroll

I think they do change; sweetling logic has always had pinks turned alts and alts turn pink once they change owners. Now they should still change, but they have to have a black sweetling parent to be eligible to do so. It seems odd to make this change one-way only.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

apparently, so can a Sweetling hatched Pink, so long as it is derived from a Dark Sweetling parent and ends up on an affected-user's scroll.

That's what the wiki says, anyways, but I would like to have verification! Are there any previously very Pink Sweetlings which have turned Dark for glitch-affected people after trading?

If it has a dark Sweetling father it will hatch pink on a pink Sweetling scroll, but dark on a dark Sweetling scroll. I have this baby that was hatched pink and then transferred to me. As you can see, it is now dark. https://dragcave.net/lineage/rDf7e

However, if it's Sweetling parent is pink, it will remain pink, no matter what scroll it lands on. Which quite spoils lineages like this, which were possible before.

Sorry guys, my wording was a bit poor. I meant to state that Sweets can hatch Pink can then become Dark so long as they are derived from a Dark Sweetling parent and end up on an affected user's scroll. I just wanted evidence. :) A bit of a shame lineages like those stairsteps aren't possible now, @purplehaze.

5 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Sorry guys, my wording was a bit poor. I meant to state that Sweets can hatch Pink can then become Dark so long as they are derived from a Dark Sweetling parent and end up on an affected user's scroll. I just wanted evidence.

And that is what I was showing you. The first one I linked to (the checker) did hatch pink on random_dragon_collector's scroll, but turned dark when it was transferred to me.

So I have a question please, and I didn't feel the need to start a new thread since I'm sure it's been answered before (and I can't find the references anywhere).

Can eggs only be warded once? Because even though the ward only lasts 6 hours, if I want to reapply Ward, it tells me that said egg is still "warded" even though it's been way over six hours and my egg got sick. I am currently keeping hidden (alas, another egg sadly died despite being hidden in fog). Hopefully my second egg won't die. 😞

Yes, they can only be warded once. I don't know why it would say it was STILL warded, but it can't be warded again.

Ah dang... That's a little disappointing, but I guess it's to prevent people from abusing the system of too much egg clicking. Thank you for answering. ^_^/

Quick question; if an egg says “1 hour remaining” in the AP is it exactly 1hr, or could it be any time below it? 

Ok question answered as the egg died half an hour earlier than I thought it would, dang, I swear Ive seen one at 16 mins in the AP before.

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

this is kinda specific, but does anyone have a screenshot of an AP wall? trying to explain DC to a friend and i dont have any example screenshots of walls on hand XD

@Ruffledfeathers you probably misread 16h as 16m :P 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

7 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

this is kinda specific, but does anyone have a screenshot of an AP wall? trying to explain DC to a friend and i dont have any example screenshots of walls on hand XD

@Ruffledfeathers you probably misread 16h as 16m :P 

There's a good one in the Screenshot thread.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/53316-the-screenshot-thread/?do=findComment&comment=10032577

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...