Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, steeve said:

couldn't find this with a cursory google search... how many "Unique Breeds" are we up to now? what's the max number my scroll can say?

@steeve 274.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

But I thought you couldn't do that after someone else had posted on it. I seem to remember in this Help forum people wanting to get rid of posts and not being able to because someone else had posted an answer.

OK - when we are both next on, let's test that !

Well @purplehaze

I set up a test thread, ruby posted there, I posted after her - and then I  successfully hid it. So - yes you can !

Here's the thread. NOT !

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/188535-to-test-deleting-a-thread/ 

It was there with posts - ruby can testify.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

If prize dragon egg is protected from sickness, does it means that I can give the egg as much view as I want? 

1 hour ago, heibangbls said:

If prize dragon egg is protected from sickness, does it means that I can give the egg as much view as I want? 

If you won a prize in the raffle, those are protected and cannot die from too many views, so yes it can get as many views as you like.

Just to be extra sure: If a Cantomaris egg changed colour (by being teleported for example) then a neutral BSA like influence WON'T change it back - right?

That's correct. Only using another color-changing BSA will override the last color-changing BSA. So if you're shooting for orange, it's still safe to use influence on a teleported egg.

What happens with a Cantormaris egg that has been abandoned? Will it lose any traces of mana?

It seems like it might because abandoning erases BSAs that were used before, but I don't know if that holds for these guys or not.

Someone said they go orange when picked up.... but that was in a discussion of a glitch, so maybe even if they did, they now won't.

Thanks guys:)

I'm trying to find one in the AP - then I will let you know !

ETA actualty what's the point - I will have no idea what actions had been used on it....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm trying to find one in the AP - then I will let you know !

ETA actualty what's the point - I will have no idea what actions had been used on it....

It's a "can't prove a negative" situation - if you get only Mundus Cantormaris dragons from the AP, you learn nothing (although the chance that APing resets BSA actions increases the more samples you take). However, if you get anything other than a Mundus from the AP, you know abandoning doesn't reset the actions. So it's worth trying a few times!

While it's not total proof, every Cantor I've picked up from the AP and hatched without using any Actions has hatched pink. So far it's a count of 8, picked up 8 without using actions and they all hatched pink.

Problem is, we don't know whether any BSAs had been applied to them before ...

But we do then know that the move didn't turn them orange/

If bsas were used before dropping they seemed to be turning those colors back at release. The only way to know if that's changed would be to breed something, incubate it (or whatever), and have someone pick it up that doesn't use anything on it and see what happens.

I think most things from the ap will be pink because they're probably ratio fails, or bred directly to the ap, so instantly dropped with no bsa use.

15 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

If bsas were used before dropping they seemed to be turning those colors back at release. The only way to know if that's changed would be to breed something, incubate it (or whatever), and have someone pick it up that doesn't use anything on it and see what happens.

I think most things from the ap will be pink because they're probably ratio fails, or bred directly to the ap, so instantly dropped with no bsa use.

Got a market canto from the AP XD All Cantos I got I (think) were standard pink. Maybe I will breed some, do a BSA, drop and report back...

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

The trouble will be finding the egg you dropped before anyone else does and uses a BSA on it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Several folks I know grabbed AP cantors right after the release and they came in all colors, including reds that the adopter didn't incubate. AP does not erase Cantor colors, unless that was recently changed.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Several folks I know grabbed AP cantors right after the release and they came in all colors, including reds that the adopter didn't incubate. AP does not erase Cantor colors, unless that was recently changed.

Unfortunately the point is that we're not sure. There were some other Cantormaris related glitches near the release, such as teleported Cantormaris eggs not always changing colours, so we're not sure if the AP behaviour that was observed near the release date was intended behaviour and kept, or if it was changed to reset the Cantormaris to its Mundus form.

Am I just super unlucky or is it normal for only 1 in my last 15 dragon breedings to produce any eggs? Out of 30 dragons put together I've gotten a grand total of one egg.

Just now, Phovos the Raptor said:

Am I just super unlucky or is it normal for only 1 in my last 15 dragon breedings to produce any eggs? Out of 30 dragons put together I've gotten a grand total of one egg.

Well, at least I can tell you it is not just you. Some days, the cave just seems to say "Nope."

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, at least I can tell you it is not just you. Some days, the cave just seems to say "Nope."

Ah thanks. Just one of those days I guess.

I haven't played for 4 years and I'm kinda losing myself all over the place lol. The last thing I remember was coming back and seeing that Whites got a BSA. Are we able to sort by CBs on a scroll? 

26 minutes ago, Saynna said:

Are we able to sort by CBs on a scroll? 

Indirectly.

Go to Account, Groups, create a group, and use the filter field to add only the caveborns to that group.

You can use filters like

#cb

#bred

or generation markers:

#2g (for 2nd gens)

#3g etc

origin filters:

#alpine

#market

and finally, exact breed names:

#luminadragondark

Just recently, I added all caveborn Stone Dragons with a z at the beginnng of their code to a group:

#cb #stonedragon z

(I used the tag "#stonedragon" instead of just "stone" because there are also sunstones, moonstones, soulstones ...)

Edited by Ruby Eyes
fixed typo