Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

although I see that the last post here was in 2015.

Pretty sure I posted right before you only 7 hours ago XD

The Breed Specific Actions (BSA) can actually be found on-site, in Help => Actions

For full spoilers, see here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Breed_Specific_Actions

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Pretty sure I posted right before you only 7 hours ago XD

The Breed Specific Actions (BSA) can actually be found on-site, in Help => Actions

Thanks for your reply! I followed the link that was given to me in order to post here, and it led to a page that had 2015 as the most recent post date. (The link must have landed me somewhere earlier in the thread?)

Two more quick questions:

1) What time zone determines "midnight" here? It looks like maybe US Eastern time?

2) Any hints on which hatching sites are working best nowadays?

Thanks again!

Just now, Shinsei said:

1) What time zone determines "midnight" here? It looks like maybe US Eastern time?

Correct. US Eastern time (New York/Miami/Toronto) is DC Cave time.

I use Allure of Neglected Dragons and Silvi's Lair. Other people have other favourites.

3 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

The last page here usually contains the currently best working hatcheries' names.

9 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

i wait until my eggs are down to 5d23h, and then i post in Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's Lair, Egg Drop Soup, and Valley Sherwood.  once the eggs hatch, i take them out until the hatchies are at 5d23, and then put them back :) 

but that's just me.  you may find a site you like better (i have three more in reserve for stubborn eggs or when i rescue them from the AP with 4d and like 3h left XD ) or a method that works better for you  :D

Edited by trystan
...forgot to finish my thought!

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

i wait until my eggs are down to 5d23h, and then i post in Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's Lair, Egg Drop Soup, and Valley Sherwood.  once the eggs hatch, i take them out until the hatchies are at 5d23, and then put them back :) 

but that's just me.  you may find a site you like better (i have three more in reserve for stubborn eggs or when i rescue them from the AP with 4d and like 3h left XD ) or a method that works better for you  :D

Oh, wow, I forgot that hatchies need clicks too... All right, thanks for the detailed suggestions!

(Here's hoping I can get back up to speed here, after so much time away.)

Thanks again!

well, they don't really *need* clicks, just views. :)

also, feel free to PM me if you think of random questions as well, @Shinsei :) 

and you're welcome!

I killed a fresh-caught new valentine dragon egg* and now I can't get a new one to replace it because it says I'm at the scroll limit for the breed.  Is this permanent?  How long do I have to wait to catch a second?

(*If you need to know why: I abandoned one code dragon so I could catch a better one I saw in the cave.  But someone else got to it first, so I was switching between the AP in hopes of maybe catching the one I dropped, and browsing the cave in case another interesting one came by.  Ended up accidentally clicking a new egg I didn't want, and I wanted to get it off my scroll so I could have space to catch the one in the AP which might appear in the next hour based on the time left on eggs in the cave.  But normally I'd have to wait several hours for cooldown, so it looked like the only option for me was to kill the new one.)

10 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

I killed a fresh-caught new valentine dragon egg* and now I can't get a new one to replace it because it says I'm at the scroll limit for the breed.  Is this permanent?  How long do I have to wait to catch a second?

(*If you need to know why: I abandoned one code dragon so I could catch a better one I saw in the cave.  But someone else got to it first, so I was switching between the AP in hopes of maybe catching the one I dropped, and browsing the cave in case another interesting one came by.  Ended up accidentally clicking a new egg I didn't want, and I wanted to get it off my scroll so I could have space to catch the one in the AP which might appear in the next hour based on the time left on eggs in the cave.  But normally I'd have to wait several hours for cooldown, so it looked like the only option for me was to kill the new one.)

Eek, you shouldn't have done that. Dead eggs don't leave your scroll for 2 full weeks, and during that time they still 'count' for any breed-limits. The dead egg will stop counting towards regular egg limits after 24 hours, but you aren't going to be able to replace it this year.

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Eek, you shouldn't have done that. Dead eggs don't leave your scroll for 2 full weeks, and during that time they still 'count' for any breed-limits. The dead egg will stop counting towards regular egg limits after 24 hours, but you aren't going to be able to replace it this year.

OK, thanks!  :P 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

well, they don't really *need* clicks, just views. :)

also, feel free to PM me if you think of random questions as well, @Shinsei :) 

and you're welcome!

Right, of course... I just forgot that they don't grow up on their own once hatched.

Also... the Abandoned Cave (AP) stopped responding to clicks a little while ago.

I was manually refreshing the page (like always) and now when I click on an egg NOTHING happens. I don't get the message that someone else grabbed the egg... it just re-loads the page with different eggs as if I refreshed instead of clicking. What could be the problem?

I tried re-starting my browser but... it's still not working. And it was fine about an hour ago.

[Edit]: I re-entered the AP from the link on the main cave page, and it started working again... for now. Is there some new anti-botting algorithm that suspends your clicks if you have refreshed a certain number of time in an hour? Or...?

Also, any idea (other than the extremely slim chance of getting one from the AP if it starts working again) how I could acquire any of the Erador eggs? I missed all of the 2020 holiday events. (Normally I was very active, but after being gone for over a year, I don't have anything to trade right now.)

Thanks if you have any suggestions!

Edited by Shinsei
Updating info

@Cielmuir you might actually be able to try in under 24 hours, since someone's new eggs died of sickness and they could replace it right away. However, they won't be available in cave anymore so you would have to hope the AP still has them by the time you're unlocked (and that it actually unlocks you).

@Shinsei  Keep an eye on the 'DC Community Notice Board' thread in the Trading section of the forum, people are still giving away different valentines. It's also worth it to keep an eye on the Trading Hub even if you don't think you have anything good to trade, sometimes people ask for anything or random offers or such. 

(There definitely isn't any click-suspension in the AP that I'm aware of, I spend most of my day there and I've never had that happen. Probably just a temporary site hiccup.)

Could someone help me understand this, please? A few minutes ago I noticed in the AP one of the Val eggs I dropped there, this particular egg is 4 days left right at this moment and it was laid on the 14th at 2:26 a.m. Cave Time according to my Log.

Right now it's 2:40 a.m. Cave Time and the AP is showing eggs laid on the 14th with 4 days 3 hours, I suppose that means they could be laid on the 13th around 23:40 p.m. (?) but all AP eggs right now say they were laid on the 14th. I'm really confused...

Hi! I used to play a bit in the past and I've been away for a while. I'm interested in playing again and sadly realized I came back right after the Valentine's event ended. Aww.

In my confusion over what's what I adopted 5 abandoned Valentine eggs, and then realized they aren't CB. Aaaand my brain is like "oh they aren't good enough" and now I kinda wanna toss 'em. So I want to ask, are cave born dragons considered more valuable, and are all dragons possible to get caveborn? Or should I just not care and hatch them regardless?

Thanks for any help, I feel like I've missed a lot 😅

1 hour ago, Kegluneq said:

Could someone help me understand this, please? A few minutes ago I noticed in the AP one of the Val eggs I dropped there, this particular egg is 4 days left right at this moment and it was laid on the 14th at 2:26 a.m. Cave Time according to my Log.

Right now it's 2:40 a.m. Cave Time and the AP is showing eggs laid on the 14th with 4 days 3 hours, I suppose that means they could be laid on the 13th around 23:40 p.m. (?) but all AP eggs right now say they were laid on the 14th. I'm really confused...

An egg that says "4 days 3 hours" has anywhere between 4 days 2 hours and 1 second and 4 days 3 full hours left. Maybe some of those eggs where closer to the 2 hour mark than the 3 hour one?

1 hour ago, LightningBug said:

Hi! I used to play a bit in the past and I've been away for a while. I'm interested in playing again and sadly realized I came back right after the Valentine's event ended. Aww.

In my confusion over what's what I adopted 5 abandoned Valentine eggs, and then realized they aren't CB. Aaaand my brain is like "oh they aren't good enough" and now I kinda wanna toss 'em. So I want to ask, are cave born dragons considered more valuable, and are all dragons possible to get caveborn? Or should I just not care and hatch them regardless?

Thanks for any help, I feel like I've missed a lot 😅

For this year, you probably won't get any caveborn Valentine's anymore. But since bred Valentines don't count against your breed limit for them, only caveborn ones do, you can safely raise the ones you found and still adopt CBs next year. The season is 8th through 14th during which the holiday biome will appear and contain previous years' valentine breeds.

(Also, 24th through 31st for Halloween, and 19th through 25th for the wintery Holiday eggs)

I might be misremembering but I feel like dragon names on very very inactive accounts (I'm talking months? A year+ here) used to get purged and therefore available once again for other players.

Does this still happen?

10 minutes ago, herduleik said:

I might be misremembering but I feel like dragon names on very very inactive accounts (I'm talking months? A year+ here) used to get purged and therefore available once again for other players.

Does this still happen?

Nope. This has stopped several years ago. There's even a suggestion around re-introducing it:

31 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

An egg that says "4 days 3 hours" has anywhere between 4 days 2 hours and 1 second and 4 days 3 full hours left. Maybe some of those eggs where closer to the 2 hour mark than the 3 hour one?

That might explain it, I guess, but a couple minutes after my post I saw some eggs with 4 days 4 hours left smh even more xD

@LightningBug I've seen some new Val CBs in the AP lately, and even saw MANY (if 5 or 6 could be considered as many) CB Heartstealings tonight, maybe there are CBs of other Valentines in the AP left to be taken. Or maybe you could trade for them.

13 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. This has stopped several years ago. There's even a suggestion around re-introducing it:

Ahh bless, thank you for the help!

I thought it stopped considering my own names were never purged after I was gone for a very, very long time haha. 😅

7 hours ago, LightningBug said:

So I want to ask, are cave born dragons considered more valuable, and are all dragons possible to get caveborn? Or should I just not care and hatch them regardless?

i feel like this is a personal preference.  i like both caveborn and bred dragons as well (the bred can be simple, messy, or even inbred - any of those are fine by me.)

personally, i'd hatch them and either grow them up, or (if like me and you think the hatchie sprite is cute) freeze them. frozen hatchies can't breed though.

7 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I think I've found a small bug: am I the only one who gets their whole screen blocked when you hover over the Donation Meter thread to see a popup?

Reveal hidden contents

popupbug.jpg.322acb987f2530741294dbedce475f88.jpg

Woah, nope not the only one, I'm getting that too. Might want to post a separate bug-report topic so admin can see it easier.

Hi, I have a question please. I see black Sweetlings, and wonder how do you breed for them?? I always get pink ones. (The Valentine dragon)