Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 minutes ago, Altish said:

Not really a bug or anything just a question about the site in general. How long on average does it take for Moderators to view and approve descriptions? My descriptions have been written for nearly 3 days now any they haven't been approved. 

depends on when they had time.  Used to be a giant backlog and it could take months or even years. (Which is gone now, a massive undertaking a few months back cleared out all of them)As soon as one has time they will get to them.  :)

@olympe I don't know how up to date your siggy is, but where can I find the (in)official DC discord? :)

12 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

@olympe I don't know how up to date your siggy is, but where can I find the (in)official DC discord? :)

Not olympe, but this might help:

I just had a question about the new Floret dragons and breeding. I tried breeding a Gold Floret with a Khusa dragon a moment ago and it resulted in a Purple Floret egg. I didn't realise Gold Florets could make purple ones - is there any information on something like elemental affinity which would cause one or the other to be bred?

purplefloretegg.png

There is a thread on Floret Breeding Plans where some people have posted breeding results. I know I have seen both gold and purple from the same breed combinations, so I suspect it is sort of like the Ridgewings and Dorsals, but I don't know that we have enough experience with them yet to be sure.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

There is a thread on Floret Breeding Plans where some people have posted breeding results. I know I have seen both gold and purple from the same breed combinations, so I suspect it is sort of like the Ridgewings and Dorsals, but I don't know that we have enough experience with them yet to be sure.

Oh, I see! Thank you :)

Is there a thread for bloodswaps in the Trading section? I searched but didn't have anything come up. Thanks.

s2mO1kD.png

I'm planning a lineage, and I came up with the above. Can someone confirm for me that this is technically all sound and possible? Can Soulpeace dragons breed with Hellhorses?

They can yes.  You would get either a helhorse or a soulpeace, i think, rather than one of the CB breeds

26 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

I'm planning a lineage, and I came up with the above. Can someone confirm for me that this is technically all sound and possible? Can Soulpeace dragons breed with Hellhorses?

Imzadi's right, and here's some proof: https://dragcave.net/lineage/vR7fz :) 

Edit:

@jocosa I found this thread from 2014 but it was closed for not being unique enough. Other than asking the mods if they'd consider re-opening it, I'd say the best bet for bloodswaps would be to try the EG thread (assuming it's an EG you're working on!).

Edited by Alectrona

36 minutes ago, Alectrona said:

Edit:

@jocosa I found this thread from 2014 but it was closed for not being unique enough. Other than asking the mods if they'd consider re-opening it, I'd say the best bet for bloodswaps would be to try the EG thread (assuming it's an EG you're working on!).

Bummer! Thanks for looking though, super appreciated!  The eggs are all 2gs, so I did post in the 2g thread but that moves so fast that posts get buried quick. Was hoping there might be a bloodswap one, thinking the posting rate would be slower.

Did any of the April fools sprites get archived or saved somewhere? I meant to save the greenie version of the wrapping wing they were gorgeous! I had the link but the images are 404 

9 minutes ago, SpeckSilver said:

Did any of the April fools sprites get archived or saved somewhere? I meant to save the greenie version of the wrapping wing they were gorgeous! I had the link but the images are 404 

@kittyrules2003 made an album with the sprites on imgur located here. The wrapping wing is here. The past event sprites are usually on the unofficial Wiki, listed under the 'Sprites No Longer In-Use' section on each dragon's page. The green ones aren't there yet, but I assume they will be at some point. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, SpeckSilver said:

They‘re listed in the unofficial DC Wiki:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

At the moment they‘re still on the currently being released site, but it may be moved to the events section soon.

Scroll down to april‘s fool and you‘ll find them behind the show/hide buttons.

Aha, sorry about not being able to grab all of the green images ^ ^; Hopefully what I didn't grab, someone else saved :) 

2 minutes ago, kittyrules2003 said:

Aha, sorry about not being able to grab all of the green images ^ ^; Hopefully what I didn't grab, someone else saved :) 

@Herk, did you get them all?

2 hours ago, kittyrules2003 said:

Did you check the wiki? They may have the ones you missed:

10 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

They‘re listed in the unofficial DC Wiki:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

At the moment they‘re still on the currently being released site, but it may be moved to the events section soon.

Scroll down to april‘s fool and you‘ll find them behind the show/hide buttons.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

@Herk, did you get them all?

Nope I was far too busy the first two days to grab all April's Fools versions (and I don't usually save images elsewhere anywhere). I luckily managed to get all regular eggs on the last day.

Is there documentation for the DC API somewhere?

I've been poking around and can't seem to find any, and I'm curious about it. ^_^ 

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Is there documentation for the DC API somewhere?

I've been poking around and can't seem to find any, and I'm curious about it. ^_^ 

The only one I know about is https://dragcave.net/api.txt

Pink BSA: influence was only possible on eggs with 4 days or more in the past.  It has been changed?

2 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

Pink BSA: influence was only possible on eggs with 4 days or more in the past.  It has been changed?

I think it's always been eggs with 3 days or more? Anyways that is what it is now, in any case.

Influence can be used on eggs that have 3 or more days left on the timer. :) You can find this information on the help page here

Edited by StormWizard212
oops, clicked a second too slowly

3 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

I think it's always been eggs with 3 days or more? Anyways that is what it is now, in any case.

2 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Influence can be used on eggs that have 3 or more days left on the timer. :) You can find this information on the help page here

Thank you both.  In the past, once an egg is ER-able, you could not influence it.  At least that's what my memory said LOL ..... Glad to know it is 3 days or more now.  I have no object to this! :D

Edited by teresadurfin