Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

Thank you both.  In the past, once an egg is ER-able, you could not influence it.  At least that's what my memory said LOL ..... Glad to know it is 3 days or more than now.  I have no object to this! :D

Looking at the wiki, and the history of that specific page, the BSA has been for eggs over 3 days at least since december 2009, so presumably since earlier in 2009 when it was created ^^

Edited by Aalbiel

59 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Influence can be used on eggs that have 3 or more days left on the timer. :) You can find this information on the help page here

Only more than 3 days, actually. At 3 days 1 hour, eggs can still be influenced, but at 3 days (0 hours), eggs cannot be influenced anymore.

Of course, the same goes for incubate. So if you have an egg between 3 days 1 hour and 4 days, and you incubate it *before* applying influence, you *then* won't be able to influence it anymore. @teresadurfin Maybe that's how you got to misremember the "ER eggs" part?

Not sure if it is worth its own separate topic, so will ask it here for now.

So before it used to be so that I can only be logged on to DC on one device at a time, so if I log in on my mobile it would log me out on my laptop and vice versa. Then a couple of months ago(I think?) it became possible for me to remain logged in on both my laptop and my mobile, I saw other people comment on that as well so I know I wasn't going crazy :DWell, on Sunday I actually logged out of my account on my mobile by accident and since then I can only stay logged in either on my laptop or my phone, not both, which really annoys me to be honest... Has it been changed or did I accidentally break something? 

3 minutes ago, ArielGrint said:

Has it been changed or did I accidentally break something? 

I think this may have been fixed recently, so you logging out removed the actually broken bits.

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think this may have been fixed recently, so you logging out removed the actually broken bits.

Ok, can someone break it for me again then? Thanks :lol:

No, seriously, I did really love staying logged in on both devices, it does frustrate me that I have to constantly log in again to have a quick look at my dragons when I am on my phone... terrible #firstworldproblems

It used not to be possible. Spoken as one who very often logs in on a variety of machines - logging on on one has always logged me out of another. Just recently it was possible top be logged in on more than one at once, but I think it was a glitch that had shown up, one that is now fixed.

26 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Only more than 3 days, actually. At 3 days 1 hour, eggs can still be influenced, but at 3 days (0 hours), eggs cannot be influenced anymore.

Of course, the same goes for incubate. So if you have an egg between 3 days 1 hour and 4 days, and you incubate it *before* applying influence, you *then* won't be able to influence it anymore. @teresadurfin Maybe that's how you got to misremember the "ER eggs" part?

Maybe maybe! Thanks Ruby Eyes.

Tiny question that's been bothering me for a while:

A long time ago (6+ years?) I went on a big scroll cleaning spree and released most of my inbred and/or messy adult dragons (read: LOTS of dragons). I'm pretty sure I got 'fail' messages for some of them, similar to the one where you try to abandon a hatchie but it follows you back (although I am NOT talking about the 'abandon' action; 'release' action for adults and freezies is what I'm curious about).

Did anyone already had this happen and knows what the exact message is? Does it still happen?

(I... I did not totally imagine this, did I?)

@Aleoleo I don't release many dragons, but I have never heard of anyone having a dragon that refused to be released. Not saying it never happened, just something I never heard of.

I did a large scroll-cleaning years ago as well, I don't remember any of them giving me any trouble with releasing. 

1 minute ago, teresadurfin said:

Any particular reason we cannot name eggs?

In the beginning, there was darkness and the void, and from the code of the void Dragon Cave was born, and the Great God TJ decreed "Thou shalt not be able to name thine eggs" ... 

Maybe because they have a higher mortality rate?

Two things:

I found a really odd quirk of the main site, not sure wether it's my phone or my provider or what, but whenever I accidentally access the cave on a restricted network, I can't seem to reload it properly on my data afterwards for about an hour.  Anybody else notice this?

Also, can already established pairs (not holiday pairs, regular) ever reject each other in further breedings?  I think I've seen it once, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Also, can already established pairs (not holiday pairs, regular) ever reject each other in further breedings?  I think I've seen it once, but I'm not sure.

No, once they have bred successfully they will not refuse.

There have been glitches where already-established pairs refused, I very clearly remember a few cases in the past, but it's not supposed to happen outside of holiday pairs.

If that happens you are supposed to provide TJ with proof - offspring of that pair - so that he can figure it out.

So, after 2 years of the dragon's delima, do upside down mints count as holidays now?  I realize they don't breed "true" but, just curious about opinions I guess. 

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

So, after 2 years of the dragon's delima, do upside down mints count as holidays now?  I realize they don't breed "true" but, just curious about opinions I guess. 

I'm a little bit confused about what you're asking. Are you wondering whether we will see the upside-down Mints continuing again in the future? The answer to that is that only TJ knows. Until next year, we can only speculate.

Or are you asking about classification? If that's the case, I personally wouldn't consider them 'holiday dragons'. DC celebrates three holidays consistently with recognisable patterns that don't really align with the April Fool's upside-down Mints. So I wouldn't call them 'holiday dragons', but that being said, I don't think it really matters what people want to call them or how they want to classify them. Personally, I consider them most like an Easter egg in the game - a cute little joke that some of us are lucky enough to have on our scrolls, like Leetle Trees. But I think it's a matter of personal opinion/perspective. :)

I hope that answers your question! Or did I misinterpret what you were asking?

Edited by StormWizard212

More the second.  But enough people look for lineages from holidays or spriter alts that I was curious whether people saw the new mints falling into the same lines. 

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

More the second.  But enough people look for lineages from holidays or spriter alts that I was curious whether people saw the new mints falling into the same lines. 

I have seen a couple of people who have made lineages with all upside-down Mints as the base, so people are certainly creating lineages out of them. :) I did see quite a few 2G Mint eggs from upside-down parents posted in the departure thread shortly after April Fool's, too. People are definitely breeding them and interested in creating lineages, but I'm not sure how much trade potential they have. I've mostly seen people giving them away for free. 

That's fair.  I gave the 2nd gen I bred away for free too.  I wasn't really concerned with trading, it's generally not worth it.  more if it was something people would be interested in bothering with breeding.  Mints are awfully common, even if I do like them.

Appreciate your thoughts.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@Aleoleo I don't release many dragons, but I have never heard of anyone having a dragon that refused to be released. Not saying it never happened, just something I never heard of.

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I did a large scroll-cleaning years ago as well, I don't remember any of them giving me any trouble with releasing. 

Thank you both. I was so sure it happened, but... I guess it's time to admit this was all in my head! XD

8 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Two things:

I found a really odd quirk of the main site, not sure wether it's my phone or my provider or what, but whenever I accidentally access the cave on a restricted network, I can't seem to reload it properly on my data afterwards for about an hour.  Anybody else notice this?

With or without cache & cookie clearing?

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

With or without cache & cookie clearing?

There's no way to do this on phone without deleting all my passwords and history (at least none I'm aware of) thus I really don't want to.

Does anyone know why the Alpine is suddenly empty of eggs? Did we get a new release and not get told? Or is it just super crowded today? :D