Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Still like this.....I'm on St Pat's - are others getting it ?

ETA - just tested with default skin - and it does seem to be skin related; it's centred on that.

Yup, just tested, I'm getting the ads over to the left on the St Pat's skin as well. 

Does Hatching Club not have a fan site thread?  It seems to be down right now, but I couldn't find a thread for it to report that.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, just tested, I'm getting the ads over to the left on the St Pat's skin as well. 

Oh good - as log as it isn't something that has happened to my personal browser, I can live with it !

I bred these 2 dragons earlier https://dragcave.net/lineage/6L0Nt x https://dragcave.net/lineage/njbIV

They produced a pink Zyu with the code https://dragcave.net/lineage/Lq27f

I gifted this egg in the Community Departure thread, the teleport shows as claimed. After that the egg just went poof? Neither parent shows the new egg as it's offspring, though they do show their last breed date as today. My action log still records the egg's code from when I put it into a teleport. Only record of it. I am assuming the new owner has fogged it, all I can see is the dragon not found page and not a fogball, but not sure why that would hide it from the parent's progeny. Or is that normal behavior that I've just never noticed before?

Capture.PNG

Edit: I guess it's normal behavior. I tried it with another egg and when fogged it removes it from the list of offspring, when I unfogged it then it reappears. I imagine this child will reappear as progeny when it's unfogged. Never noticed before!

Edited by Golden

That must be new. As far as I recall, fogged things stopped showing on the progeny page a while ago (or maybe only glitch fogballs showed there, I'm not sure) but at least the parents' view page used to show the fogged offspring's code ...

Maybe that is related to the changes to the API which seems to have treated fogged things differently for a few days.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

IIRC, fogged progeny haven't shown for a while (I was tracking two on Valentine's... and I THINK the same was true over Christmas)

Why are there so many people (and so few eggs) currently in the Alpine and Forest biome? Is something going on?

d9BqYRoU_o.png

They are looking for purple Florets (Forest) and golden Florets (Alpine).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How come some hatchies show up in the upper left-hand corner of the AP, but others show up on the bottom line?

It's down to age. So I'm told.

16 minutes ago, Brekke said:

How come some hatchies show up in the upper left-hand corner of the AP, but others show up on the bottom line?

Everything in the AP is listed by how much time is left on their timers, regardless of stage. (i.e. A 6d 1h egg and a 6d 1h hatchling would appear next to each other in line.)

Hatchlings that show up in the top left corner have lower times left than the rest of the things in the AP. Hatchlings that show up in the bottom/bottom right are usually hatched and abandon at a higher time than whatever is currently in the AP, so they appear as things are cleared, just like most eggs.

Edited by 11th

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's down to age. So I'm told.

I don't usually notice much difference in age, but come to think of it, the discarded alt-fails are always on the bottom...

@11th  ah--I see, a 6-day hatchling and a 6-day egg are counted the same.  Thanks!

Edited by Brekke

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the site right now?  It seems to be having some issue for me.

Still having trouble? All is okay for me.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Still having trouble? All is okay for me.

Went back to normal now.  Was probably just something brief.

One of my eggs just got sick, so I immediately fogged it. Is the chance it'll die big? Also, if another becomes sick, will it show up under the notification? (Just like there's one fog sprite under the notification right now)

EDIT: Okay I answered the second question myself, as another one got sick and the sprite indeed showed up under the notification. :P

Edited by Cinspawn

12 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

One of my eggs just got sick, so I immediately fogged it. Is the chance it'll die big? Also, if another becomes sick, will it show up under the notification? (Just like there's one fog sprite under the notification right now)

EDIT: Okay I answered the second question myself, as another one got sick and the sprite indeed showed up under the notification. :P

If you fog quickly the egg is almost certainly safe ;)

Just to make sure keep your eggs fogged for a couple of hours anyway, it won't hurt.

Maybe fog all your eggs, as a safety precaution, just in case someone added your eggs to fansites without your knowledge.

1 minute ago, Cinspawn said:

It depends on how many views it got in a period of time. The shorter the amount of time the views occurred in, and the more views an egg gets after it becomes sick increases the chance that an egg/hatchling will die. If you are worried that the egg will die you can use the Ward BSA on White dragons to prevent it from dying for six hours. Although the Ward BSA prevents your eggs/hatchlings from dying, it does not cure sickness. As a result, removing your eggs/hatchlings that are sick from hatcheries and/or fogging them is the only way to cure them. Yes, if another egg/hatchling gets sick, those dragons will appear underneath the notification as well.

30 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

In addition to hiding them you should use ward to protect them.  It lasts for 6 hrs.

Something I've been wondering for awhile now and keep forgetting to ask.... Is there a limit on how many groups you can make? I assume if there is it must be fairly high, but is there one at all? I keep thinking of more groups I want to make but don't want to hit a limit and then have to decide whether to delete some...

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Something I've been wondering for awhile now and keep forgetting to ask.... Is there a limit on how many groups you can make? I assume if there is it must be fairly high, but is there one at all? I keep thinking of more groups I want to make but don't want to hit a limit and then have to decide whether to delete some...

I've been able to create upward of 50, when experimenting. So I don't think there's a limit beyond the 4 highlighted groups limit - or if there is, it's very high and I'm not sure how people would manage to need/use that many! :lol: Hopefully this is more than enough for what you need and you won't end up hitting a limit. :)

Edited by StormWizard212

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have around 200 I think (?) so if there is a limit it's REALLY high.

229 Checker groups alone, plus 52 other EG lineages plus change (CBs, descriptions, mate needs...) so I have around 300 right now :D (Did I mention I LOVE the group feature?)

Edited by Herk

Wooah that's a lot of groups @Herk! Goodness, here I was getting worried about having 36 groups. 

Thanks for the reply too, @StormWizard212!