Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

36 minutes ago, Petrel said:

Is anyone else getting this?  Do we know why?  (I tried to refresh my scroll and this appeared.)

gravestone DC.PNG

Sorry about that, looks like it only affected people using a few of the older site skins (i.e. your dragons were just fine), but it seems fine now.

My scroll is hidden, but my eggs and hatchies keep getting sick! How can that be possible?

3 minutes ago, Andromen said:

My scroll is hidden, but my eggs and hatchies keep getting sick! How can that be possible?

Someone has added your eggs and hatchies somewhere. Only fogging them can prevent more views.

5 minutes ago, Andromen said:

Perhaps you are adding your eggs to hatcheries too early? Or to too many hatcheries? Or perhaps posting your eggs somewhere to show them off (eg. the Discord), so people can still get their codes even if your scroll is hidden... If you don't mind unhiding your scroll for a minute, send me your scroll link by PM and I'll take a look at your eggs & hatchies, give you my opinion.

Edit: Do fog them overnight when you can't keep an eye on them if you're worried.

Edited by Aalbiel

Fogging all of them? That's gonna take a bit.. But thanks for the quick answer!

EDIT: As far as I know, I'm not adding them to anything, and I'm not showing them off in the DC Discord mainly because I'm not even there haha. I post them on a thread on a not so active forum, so I have no idea what's happening..

Edited by Andromen

7 minutes ago, Andromen said:

Fogging all of them? That's gonna take a bit.

From your /dragons/ page, filtered by "Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings" you can click the "hide" link for each (I usually open them in new tabs so I don't need to reload my dragons page every time.)

Four questions I’ve been meaning to ask for some time now

Thanks to those in advance, if you take your time answering, it means a lot to me. I’m still learning in regards of the site and such, but people are really helpful !

1. Can adult dragons die of natural causes or can adult dragons only die if you kill them yourselves ? 

2. What does ‘looking for a mate for x’ mean / how should it be understood ?

3. How many Spriters Alts exist so far, if anyone has a number (doesn’t have to be specific) ?

4. What to do when you want to follow a member, but you can’t see the ‘follow’ button anywhere ?

6 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

1. Can adult dragons die of natural causes or can adult dragons only die if you kill them yourselves ? 

Only you can kill your own adults.

Typically, people have a specific pattern in mind. Most often, that is a checkerboard, where all males are one breed and all females are the other.

E.g. a mate for https://dragcave.net/lineage/2bnIh would be https://dragcave.net/lineage/Nsmje - same lineage, different dragons (to avoid inbreeding). The result looks like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/SQdjV

3. How many Spriters Alts exist so far, if anyone has a number (doesn’t have to be specific) ?

How many different Spriter's Alts exist can be seen here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Spriter's_Alt

How many individual dragons exist that are Spriter's Alts can only be estimated. Valentine's and Christmas dragons are usually max. 2 Spriter's Alts, Halloweens can be as many as the according spriter can trade for.

4. What to do when you want to follow a member, but you can’t see the ‘follow’ button anywhere ?

The "follow" button is on a given member's profile near the top, next to their name.

17 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

Four questions I’ve been meaning to ask for some time now

Thanks to those in advance, if you take your time answering, it means a lot to me. I’m still learning in regards of the site and such, but people are really helpful !

1. Dragons don't die of old age, only when you kill them.

2. This is a very good question, in fact, it is important for lineage builders, who want to expand their lineages in a specific way/pattern. For example:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/uHHbS If I want to make an "even gen"/"checkerboard" lineage (the very typical, triangular one), I'll be looking for a 2nd generation Summer from a female silver Shimmer, unrelated (by blood) to the one I own.

3. Honestly, we don't know for sure, some spriters actually remained silent and either never received a SA, or never revealed it to the public. The list of known SAs can be found here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Spriter's_Alt

4. That's probably because the member doesn't want to be followed. I think that's the setting you can use, but I may be wrong here.

oh my god ninjas

Edited by Orchi'dea

7 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

4. That's probably because the member doesn't want to be followed. I think that's the setting you can use, but I may be wrong here.

I couldn't find that, actually. Tell me when you spotted it? XD

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I couldn't find that, actually. Tell me when you spotted it? XD

It's really difficult to find this option - but it's indeed there, in the top right corner of your follower list. Like so:

eZKXMJP.jpg

Not sure if this is just me - but when I go to the lineage page, the "here are some cats" banner and the others like it all line up to the left.....

Just curious- how long will my mint dragon stay upside down? 

I kinda hope forever but idk

~/view/ link changed to /lineage/, please do not post view links to growing dragons~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I was just cleaning out Valley Sherwood's ER and noticed that the Freckled Dragons have extra space around their adult and hatchling sprites. (ex. The adult image is 100x100, but the sprite is only 93x93.) Is there a chance that they could be cropped in the future? I don't want to get too attached to the current lineage tile if there's a chance that it could change slightly.

3 hours ago, 11th said:

I was just cleaning out Valley Sherwood's ER and noticed that the Freckled Dragons have extra space around their adult and hatchling sprites. (ex. The adult image is 100x100, but the sprite is only 93x93.) Is there a chance that they could be cropped in the future? I don't want to get too attached to the current lineage tile if there's a chance that it could change slightly.

I don't think it necessarily will change. It's not the only sprite that has a bit of extra space. The female Teimarr, for example, is 100x72 pixels even though the sprite itself is only 87x69. If you want to be sure, though, I think checking with @Kennon is probably your best bet. :)

@11th I'm not gonna lie, I never really noticed there being extra space around those sprites lol. As far as I'm aware it's not really something of concern for most people? So I can't imagine it'd change. I'm gonna ask though just to be sure and I'll post a for-sure answer soon hopefully.

Edited by Kennon

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not sure if this is just me - but when I go to the lineage page, the "here are some cats" banner and the others like it all line up to the left.....

Still like this.....I'm on St Pat's - are others getting it ?

ETA - just tested with default skin - and it does seem to be skin related; it's centred on that.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Still like this.....I'm on St Pat's - are others getting it ?

ETA - just tested with default skin - and it does seem to be skin related; it's centred on that.

Yup, just tested, I'm getting the ads over to the left on the St Pat's skin as well. 

Does Hatching Club not have a fan site thread?  It seems to be down right now, but I couldn't find a thread for it to report that.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, just tested, I'm getting the ads over to the left on the St Pat's skin as well. 

Oh good - as log as it isn't something that has happened to my personal browser, I can live with it !