Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No.

This, sadly.

I made a group of all my cbs. That was a project BUT it works. Handy, now that it is done.

Edited by JavaTigress

If I remember correctly there was a tool on EATW that showed all your CB dragons (I checked my CB group against that), but that's gone with the site now. I don't know of any other way to do it besides going through your dragons one at a time.

13 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

If I remember correctly there was a tool on EATW that showed all your CB dragons (I checked my CB group against that), but that's gone with the site now. I don't know of any other way to do it besides going through your dragons one at a time.

*Nods* @HeatherMarie That is PRETTY much what I had to do when I did mine. 

As I said, BIG project ( keeping in mind I have 1200+ dragons by now and nearly 800 CBs) which took several DAYS to complete, working on it on and off.

ESSENTIALLY, I started at the top of my scroll and worked my way down, checking and adding CBs to the appropriate group as I went.

Tedious, yes, at times; Time Consuming? Yes, unfortunately.

THAT said, It was the only way I could think of to have all my CBs relatively handy and was worth the effort I put in on it, IMO.

The KEY, NOW, is to keep it accurate by adding new CBs as I obtain them!

Edited by JavaTigress

On 4/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, SpeckSilver said:

Okay this is driving me batty, i was fine until i noticed it, now its like that 'cant unsee it' i used to edit. A lot.

has *anyone* else noticed the description is backwards?!?! 

This egg is yellow with orange speckling.

but if you look at the image 

Sorry i dont know how to add it to a post or i would!

The base and majority are orange and the top left is yellow, making it visually orange with yellow speckling!

Though the adult sprites are mostly yellow with orange speckling on their backs and very puppy esk dragons 👍 thumbs up on that

I see it as yellow with orange speckling. The way the orange is, makes it look like it is trying to overtake the yellow imo.

Now that I'm back playing this after 2 years, I can't remember whether or not you're only allowed 2 CBs of holiday dragons? I feel like it was like that at some point but maybe changed? Because I have more than 2 CB Caligenes so I'm just really confused lol....

35 minutes ago, aqub said:

Now that I'm back playing this after 2 years, I can't remember whether or not you're only allowed 2 CBs of holiday dragons? I feel like it was like that at some point but maybe changed? Because I have more than 2 CB Caligenes so I'm just really confused lol....

You can have as many CB Halloweens as possible, while CB Christmas (Holidays) and Valentines you can only have two of each as CB.

Edited by Whirlaway

Just now, Whirlaway said:

You can have as many CB Halloweens as possible, while CB Christmas (Holidays) and Valentines you can only have two of each as CB.

Ah, alright. That explains it. :P Thank you so much!

1 minute ago, aqub said:

Ah, alright. That explains it. :P Thank you so much!

You're welcome!

Anyone else getting a lot of failed breedings right now? I suspect it is just horrid luck, but I have only gotten eggs from 5 of the last 20 pairs that I bred. All of the other 15 were either no egg or no interest. That is much higher than expected! And they were all more or less proven pairs.:(

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else getting a lot of failed breedings right now? I suspect it is just horrid luck, but I have only gotten eggs from 5 of the last 20 pairs that I bred. All of the other 15 were either no egg or no interest. That is much higher than expected! And they were all more or less proven pairs.:(

I bred my host of 200 or so Fire Gems last Saturday and there were more refusals than I expected. I wouldn't be able to put in a real clue though, since I don't breed often.

How is scripting regulated in dragcave? - are scrolls using scripts automatically detected and removed by DC programming or is it combated by using reports sent out by users? 

It's just that i've found a scroll with quite a few CB Golds and Silvers caught close to each other so I was wondering if it would be useful to inform TJ/a moderator about it or whether I should just leave it be. I don't really know if these dragons were traded for or caught by sheer luck so i'm a bit divided on whether I should report it so I was hoping this thread would help me out.

Edited by lovecats99

It's a bit of both, I think. I know TJ can detect certain things about accounts, but I'm not sure how specific those things are. We are always encouraged to report a suspicious scroll. But simply having lots of rare dragons isn't exactly suspicious, I know multiple users who are fairly good at catching them and use them for trading. 

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's a bit of both, I think. I know TJ can detect certain things about accounts, but I'm not sure how specific those things are. We are always encouraged to report a suspicious scroll. But simply having lots of rare dragons isn't exactly suspicious, I know multiple users who are fairly good at catching them and use them for trading. 

The scroll in question has been about for a couple years (and looking at the number of dragons it has, has likely been on hitaus.) Nevertheless, 100% of all the CB Metallics on said scroll have been caught in this month alone (over the last 2-3 weeks) which made me rather suspicious. I hope their luck is down to good trading and excellent reflexes but I guess it wouldn't hurt to PM TJ about it just in case.

Something happened last night with the way the hatcheries are reading the scrolls.  It went from scroll default list to TJ's version of everything in numerical - alphabetical order.  I believe this occurred sometime around maintenance time.  Please say this wasn't deliberate.  It makes me crazy to look at the jumbled list of my growing things in the hatcheries when I have them organized on my scroll. :o

Edited by Dracaena

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Something happened last night with the way the hatcheries are reading the scrolls.  It went from scroll default list to TJ's version of everything in numerical - alphabetical order.  I believe this occurred sometime around maintenance time.  Please say this wasn't deliberate.  It makes me crazy to look at the jumbled list of my growing things in the hatcheries when I have them organized on my scroll. :o

I noticed that too and personally hate it. 

@Dracaena The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago, briefly, when TJ made some changes to the API, and then returned to normal. Hopefully this is temporary as well, because I share your dislike of it!

Hi,  My upside down mint fathered an egg, but when I check the eggs lineage he isn't shown as upside down.  Will this change?

2 minutes ago, ahreada said:

Hi,  My upside down mint fathered an egg, but when I check the eggs lineage he isn't shown as upside down.  Will this change?

The upside down Mint is only viewable as upside down on its view page, not in lineage view.

Is anyone else having issues with the Portal 2 skin? The "breed" button isn't showing up for me, even after attempting the usual solutions.

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Is anyone else having issues with the Portal 2 skin? The "breed" button isn't showing up for me, even after attempting the usual solutions.

Since you said you already attempted the usual solutions, I'll assume you cleared your cache, so it probably isn't the issue. Could you show a screenshot of what it's specifically affecting?

8 minutes ago, Darkstorm34 said:

Since you said you already attempted the usual solutions, I'll assume you cleared your cache, so it probably isn't the issue. Could you show a screenshot of what it's specifically affecting?

Yes, I tried that. I haven't attempted it on desktop yet though, so I'll do that to see if it's just a device-specific problem.

Screenshot