Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Has anyone had any trouble accessing the cave/forums in the last few hours?

I've had trouble all morning (aka the last 3 1/2 hours). On and off, the cave and forums won't load for 1-2 minutes (the rest of my internet is fine) and then it just comes back on its own but it keeps happening again and again and it's made me give up on hunting bc it's just too annoying. Am I alone?

Edited by Aalbiel

@Aalbiel I'm not sure about others, but I haven't noticed any particular problems when I've been in the cave and on the forum. Every now and then the site does have connectivity issues, though. Hopefully it'll sort itself out, but if it continues for a lengthy amount of time or gets worse, then it might be worthwhile contacting TJ just so that he's aware and can look into it from his end. :)

It may also be a routing issue somewhere between your place and DC - some broken nodes in the net.

When i edit a post and tagged a user with the edit will that user be alerted?

22 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

When i edit a post and tagged a user with the edit will that user be alerted?

I'm not sure but I just edited and tagged you in a post on the Forum Games. Did you get a notification?

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It may also be a routing issue somewhere between your place and DC - some broken nodes in the net.

Well, seems fixed now and I'm glad it wasn't a DC problem. Sorted!

Ummm. OK, I just hatched a couple of Zyumorphs and they were fine as eggies but they APPEAR to have hatched out sick?

Anything I can do for them besides fog them for a while?

5 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Ummm. OK, I just hatched a couple of Zyumorphs and they were fine as eggies but they APPEAR to have hatched out sick?

Anything I can do for them besides fog them for a while?

Nope, just fog them, that's the only thing that can be done. Zyus are *very* temperamental, almost all of mine gets sick either while hatching or as soon as they hatch. I usually Ward mine while they are hatching, even if they aren't sick yet, so when they hatch sick they'll have that protection.

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Nope, just fog them, that's the only thing that can be done. Zyus are *very* temperamental, almost all of mine gets sick either while hatching or as soon as they hatch. I usually Ward mine while they are hatching, even if they aren't sick yet, so when they hatch sick they'll have that protection.

So chances are they will be just fine.

It struck me as ODD because I hatched them the same way I hatch my other dragons and my other dragons don't USUALLY get sick when they hatch.

IF they are more finicky, however, that is well for me to be aware of.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by JavaTigress

Am I the only one getting a HTTP 500 ERROR when trying to view a scroll (my own or others)? 

https://dragcave.net/user/username doesn't seem to be working for me.

Seems to be working again

Edited by Golden

April release:

new eggs are already mixed with old? is it like this for every release?

1 hour ago, teresadurfin said:

April release:

new eggs are already mixed with old? is it like this for every release?

Generally it is so. Last month was a bit unique in that the exclusive flood lasted longer.

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Generally it is so. Last month was a bit unique in that the exclusive flood lasted longer.

I see.  Thanks and good luck catching the new release. :)

17 minutes ago, dracopenguin said:

Anyone else suddenly having their new pigmy eggs show up as hidden, even when they're not? :blink:

image.png.0eeff75d525e5a0db2da2f48fd95eb9d.png

I saw quite a few shown as hidden in hatcheries. Mine is not hidden, although it may have something to do with it being in a trade since at least before the eggs were all 'hidden'. I only took it out of the trade less than an hour ago.

All new pygmy eggs that start cracking are showing up like a fogball, even TJ's did

Should be fine once they hatch

It's probably just a temporary bug that needs fixing ;) 

Aw, and here I was hoping TJ had implemented some form of autofogging following viewbomb detection. XD Alas, it wasn't to be. Guess I'll get to scrape some eggshells off my scroll soon and need to catch new babbies. ^_^ No biggie. (Still, I really, really wanted to come here to congratulate him for that idea. Too bad. XD)

Edited by pinkgothic

I realize that the eggs aren't really fogged, because you can still get to the view page, but I wonder if the hatcheries are seeing them as fogged and removing them. Will it be hard to get them the views they need to hatch if they don't get enough before they go into the fog?

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I realize that the eggs aren't really fogged, because you can still get to the view page, but I wonder if the hatcheries are seeing them as fogged and removing them. Will it be hard to get them the views they need to hatch if they don't get enough before they go into the fog?

Nope. Hatcheries will keep them in rotation.

1 minute ago, pinkgothic said:

Nope. Hatcheries will keep them in rotation.

That's good to know.

Is anyone else getting "an error occurred" when they try to look at their dragons? I'm on Chrome. Oop. Back to normal. 

Edited by Jazeki

Is it against the rules to post a view link to a leetle tree in a thread? It's not gaining views, and the lineage link shows fog image instead of a tree.

15 minutes ago, Soulibur said:

Is it against the rules to post a view link to a leetle tree in a thread? It's not gaining views, and the lineage link shows fog image instead of a tree.

It should be okay. We are allowed to post adult dragon links. The problem might be that the system recognizes trees as eggs.

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It should be okay. We are allowed to post adult dragon links. The problem might be that the system recognizes trees as eggs.

There is no system like that on the forums. It's all human-patrolled.