Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Does anyone know why the Alpine is suddenly empty of eggs? Did we get a new release and not get told? Or is it just super crowded today? :D

Probably still people hunting for Florets, the golden variety.

Random question: Anyone know the reasoning behind the order of Gemshard and Fire Gem colors in breed sort? Fire Gems are sorted blue first, then red, then green, while Gemshards are sorted green first, then red, then blue. I'm not necessarily saying they should be sorted the same way, they are totally different breeds of course, I'm just curious if there is any actual reason for the orders? (I noticed that the colors are sorted in the same order in the Encyclopedia, so maybe breed sort simply follows the Encyclopedia sort... But then why does the Encyclopedia sort them that way?)

Maybe Gemshards are Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire? That would make it alphabetical. No clue about Fire Gems ^^

On another issue....

I am getting notifications of my messages but NONE from threads I follow. I have checked my settings and I SHOULD be getting them. I have also tried the unfollow/follow flip - no change.  And yes I also checked my spam. Am I alone here, or does this need a thread ?

ETA and the address isn't blocked - and I AM getting them for messages....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

On another issue....

I am getting notifications of my messages but NONE from threads I follow. I have checked my settings and I SHOULD be getting them. I have also tried the unfollow/follow flip - no change.  And yes I also checked my spam. Am I alone here, or does this need a thread ?

ETA and the address isn't blocked - and I AM getting them for messages....

This happened a while ago, and if I recall correctly, @TJ09 had to fix something in the mailing area of the forum. Maybe it's the same thing again.

Hi :) When two different Prize types/colors are bred together, can they produce eggs of either breed and color or will they always produce only one of them? 

For example, I have a Bronze Tinsel x Gold Tinsel pair - so far they produced two Gold Tinsels. Will I ever get a Bronze from them or is the future offspring 'stuck' and they're going to only give Gold Tinsels? :P Also, is there any difference in this behavior between same-breed but different-color pairings (e.g. Bronze Shimmer x Silver Shimmer) and different-breed pairings (Bronze Shimmer x Silver Tinsel)? I never had dragon couples like that before until recently so Im not sure how it works. Thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

Hi :) When two different Prize types/colors are bred together, can they produce eggs of either breed and color or will they always produce only one of them? 

For example, I have a Bronze Tinsel x Gold Tinsel pair - so far they produced two Gold Tinsels. Will I ever get a Bronze from them or is the future offspring 'stuck' and they're going to only give Gold Tinsels? :P Also, is there any difference in this behavior between same-breed but different-color pairings (e.g. Bronze Shimmer x Silver Shimmer) and different-breed pairings (Bronze Shimmer x Silver Tinsel)? I never had dragon couples like that before until recently so Im not sure how it works. Thanks in advance!

They can produce the egg of either parent so both Gold Tinsels and Bronze Tinsels are both possible with the pairing you mentioned. You have just been lucky. :) Same goes for Shimmer/Tinsel pairings. You can receive an egg that is the same as either parent being bred.

What you won't get is a prize that isn't one of the parents. So if you breed a Silver Tinsel and Silver Shimmer, you will never receive a gold or bronze egg. Likewise, if you breed a Silver Shimmer and a Gold Shimmer, you will never receive a Tinsel egg. 

Sorry, I was mistaken! They will only produce the egg of one parent after all. My apologies!

Edited by StormWizard212

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Gold Tinsels and Bronze Tinsels are both possible with that pairing.

Did that really change? Because it used to be that a specific pair of individuals would only ever produce one colour. Another pair with the same colours might produce eggs of the other colour - but only that one.

Like this: https://dragcave.net/progeny/gNZg8

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Did that really change? Because it used to be that a specific pair of individuals would only ever produce one colour. Another pair with the same colours might produce eggs of the other colour - but only that one.

Like this: https://dragcave.net/progeny/gNZg8

Oh really? Sorry, I hadn't realised that! I'm mistaken then. :) @Tears in Rain I apologise for the confusion! 

Oh man, that sucks XD I was hoping for a Bronze from mine one day! Oh well.

Why does it even work like that in the first place? I hope it changes in the future. *eyes Suggestions/Requests* Maybe I should make a thread, or find an existing one :P 

@Ruby Eyes @StormWizard212 Thanks guys! :D 

10 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

Why does it even work like that in the first place? I hope it changes in the future. *eyes Suggestions/Requests* Maybe I should make a thread, or find an existing one :P

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Snap, that topic is locked :( Assuming that and the response back then, would creating one even be allowed/is that smth that can be considered at this point at all? It's been more than 2 yrs since the last post.

More like a rhetorical question I guess, but just wondering :unsure: 

Even the big boss has changed his mind on things before. Might be worth a shot, but maybe ask a mod?

I was poking around the Notifications options on the forum, and got a little confused at one part. You can toggle how you receive notifications for different things, and one of them is:

Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to

I don't really understand what this mean? What is a 'status update'? It's under the heading 'profile' so I thought it may be a section on my profile, but I don't see anything labeled 'status update'. And what does that last part mean, 'or I have also replied to'? A notification for.... a reply on a status update that I had replied to? This one is just confusing me all around.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't really understand what this mean? What is a 'status update'? It's under the heading 'profile' so I thought it may be a section on my profile, but I don't see anything labeled 'status update'. And what does that last part mean, 'or I have also replied to'? A notification for.... a reply on a status update that I had replied to? This one is just confusing me all around.

Status updates are a feature of this particular forum software, but it's a feature that isn't turned on here at the DC forums. :) It allows members to post status updates on their profiles (similar to other social media) and they can be viewed on profiles and sometimes in a news feed that appears on the main page. People can respond to these status updates. I'm on another forum where this feature is enabled and it makes the board feel a little bit more like social media. 

You can see which features are disabled on DC specifically by going to Notification Settings (where you were). You'll notice that some of the toggles are greyed out -they are switched off by default and cannot be switched on. If you hover over one of these, such as the one you mentioned above, you'll see the following message: "The administrator has disabled this option from being toggled." 

Ohhh! I thought the 'disabled' toggle notice just meant that you couldn't get notifications for that thing, I didn't realize it meant the thing itself is disabled! Thanks!

OMG you mean that in theory - if TJ enabled it - we could show our relationship status and such like ? UGH ! THANK YOU TJ for disabling that !

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OMG you mean that in theory - if TJ enabled it - we could show our relationship status and such like ? UGH ! THANK YOU TJ for disabling that !

No, it's not about relationship status. They're status updates like on Facebook where you write a line or two about how you're feeling, what you're up to, etc. If you think about the "How was your day?" thread in General Discussion, I imagine a lot of the status updates would be a lot like that. They're just comments about how you're feeling, what you're thinking, etc. that show up on a sort of news feed and others are free to then comment on them. Facebook posts or tweets are the closest thing I can think to liken them to. 

Edited by StormWizard212

Oh I know - but some people on FB (I am told) do put relationship status under there :D It was just such a ghastly thought !

Facebook posts or tweets are the closest thing I can think to liken them to. 

Says it all. I am sticking with UGH !

Quick question, has anyone bred an egg from a Floret which wasn't a Floret? 100% of my Floret breedings have resulted in just Florets and I have 17 adult Florets, overall.

13 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Quick question, has anyone bred an egg from a Floret which wasn't a Floret? 100% of my Floret breedings have resulted in just Florets and I have 17 adult Florets, overall.

Nope, just Florets. It's to be expected though, the ratios are going to be heavily skewed towards Florets until the population grows significantly, I imagine at least a few more months. I imagine your best chance to get a non-Floret would be to breed with a recent common, like Spinel maybe.

10 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Nope, just Florets. It's to be expected though, the ratios are going to be heavily skewed towards Florets until the population grows significantly, I imagine at least a few more months. I imagine your best chance to get a non-Floret would be to breed with a recent common, like Spinel maybe.

Hmm. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks, I think i'll do that when my next Floret grows up. :) 

So...

I asked one of my friends to influence an egg Female for me and we're going to conduct a trade another time.

But when you trade or give away an influenced egg, does it stay influenced or does it lose the BSA?

Just now, dommybomb said:

So...

I asked one of my friends to influence an egg Female for me and we're going to conduct a trade another time.

But when you trade or give away an influenced egg, does it stay influenced or does it lose the BSA?

Eggs lost their Influence and Incubate when they leave a scroll. For someone else to Influence something for you and have it stick, they need to hatch the egg on their scroll and *then* give it back to you.