Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I went to add some dragons to a group today, and in the list of dragons to add I can see two eggs that I bred and sent to the AP yesterday. They are no longer on my scroll, but they're too high time to show up in the AP right now, so no one has picked them up yet. Trying to add them results in an error message. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Amberfly

When is it unsafe to unfog a sick hatchling? Here's some more info, for context. One of my hatchlings was severely ill, I'm talking a full-on 24 hour illness when it was view bombed up to around 15:1 V to UV. Thankfully, it is no longer ill, though I'm worried about unfogging it and having it become ill immediately if I were to place it in a low-traffic hatchery. Would it be safer to keep it fogged for yet another day? Just to be extra cautious?

Edit for grammar and redundancy. 

Edited by 888888

54 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

I went to add some dragons to a group today, and in the list of dragons to add I can see two eggs that I bred and sent to the AP yesterday. They are no longer on my scroll, but they're too high time to show up in the AP right now, so no one has picked them up yet. Trying to add them results in an error message. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, there have been plenty of mentions of this. It seems that abandoned eggs stay associated with your scroll until someone else picks them up. Most places of your scroll would ignore such "limbo" things (which is why we never noticed that before), but it seems that the "add dragons to group" dialog coding does not include the "ignore abandoned things" bit.

49 minutes ago, 888888 said:

When is it unsafe to unfog a sick hatchling? Here's some more info, for context. One of my hatchlings was severely ill, I'm talking a full-on 24 hour illness when it was view bombed up to around 15:1 V to UV. Thankfully, it is no longer ill, though I'm worried about unfogging it and having it become ill immediately if I were to place it in a low-traffic hatchery. Would it be safer to keep it fogged for yet another day? Just to be extra cautious?

Edit for grammar and redundancy. 

I always leave sick things fogged for 24 hours, no matter how fast they feel better.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, there have been plenty of mentions of this. It seems that abandoned eggs stay associated with your scroll until someone else picks them up. Most places of your scroll would ignore such "limbo" things (which is why we never noticed that before), but it seems that the "add dragons to group" dialog coding does not include the "ignore abandoned things" bit.

Thanks for the answer, at least I know it's not just me. But that's ridiculous and should be changed. I was trying to add my new Halloweens to a group and I had to try half a dozen times before I found the one Marrow hatchling I'd abandoned (in the middle of ~40 Halloween dragons) that was causing the problem.

Is it possible for hatchlings to grow up while fogged?

(I have some hatchies I wanted to trade but left them in the hatchery too long and they almost certainly have enough views to grow up.)

They can't grow up under fog, but they can grow up immediately once unfogged.  If they have enough views already it only takes one leetle push to make them grow.

2 minutes ago, Zeditha said:

Is it possible for hatchlings to grow up while fogged?

(I have some hatchies I wanted to trade but left them in the hatchery too long and they almost certainly have enough views to grow up.)

The stun BSA can help with that, if you have Bolt dragons.

Maybe I'm just over looking it, which happens a lot. But is there a way to delete a particular dragon from a group? I added the wrong dragons but I can not find a way to remove them. Or do I have to delete the group and start over? This is the first time I've tried using groups. I actually have been a way from DC for some time and trying to catch up on everything I missed.

Also how do I edit my signature? I seem to over looking that too.

Edited by annageckos

8 minutes ago, annageckos said:

Maybe I'm just over looking it, which happens a lot. But is there a way to delete a particular dragon from a group? I added the wrong dragons but I can not find a way to remove them. Or do I have to delete the group and start over? This is the first time I've tried using groups. I actually have been a way from DC for some time and trying to catch up on everything I missed.

When viewing the group, there's a line of text that says "Add to group" beside every dragon. Click it. A drop down menu listing all of your groups will appear, with boxes to check or uncheck. Uncheck the box next to the name of the group you want to remove the dragon from, and it will be removed.

Edit: https://forums.dragcave.net/settings/signature/ <-- Go to this link to edit your signature. You can find that link by clicking your username where it appears at the top of the forum page, selecting Account Settings, and then Signature.

Edited by songwithnosoul

1 minute ago, songwithnosoul said:

When viewing the group, there's a line of text that says "Add to group" beside every dragon. Click it. A drop down menu listing all of your groups will appear, with boxes to check or uncheck. Uncheck the box next to the name of the group you want to remove the dragon from, and it will be removed.

Thank you, I did look at that but it didn't occur to me that was how to remove the dragons. Derp.

I had to redo all my links I had there a week or so ago using bitly instead - it seems to have fallen over.

What happened to the gallery avatars? Mine (animated Canopy) is not displayed anymore for days and I can't find the avatar gallery in my avatar settings. :(

1 hour ago, Imago said:

and I can't find the avatar gallery in my avatar settings. :(

I'm afraid that option disappeared with the forum upgrade :(

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Thank you, that must be what happened to mine as well.

Why don't eggs that died when bitten by vampires have the "bitten by" link? I know it is a bit silly but I'm honestly curious.

@AsketilMy best guess is because the "Bitten by" link is for Vampires and eggs don't turn into Vampires if they die when being bitten. No point in programming in a "Bitten by" feature for eggs that are already dead.

I've found a bug on the World page of the encyclopedia. The map is distorted or squeezed in a way I don't think it should be.

sdXGguZm.png (Larger image linked.)

Where should I report this? Would I PM TJ or would I be better off putting it in Grammar Patrol or something?

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Ah, no! :( I really hope the avatars come back some way, I always had one from the gallery...

6 hours ago, Vrack said:

I've found a bug on the World page of the encyclopedia. The map is distorted or squeezed in a way I don't think it should be.

Where should I report this? Would I PM TJ or would I be better off putting it in Grammar Patrol or something?

That's on your end - for me it looks just fine and square. Got any custom stylesheets running you could try disabling? Or clear your cache and refresh?

edit: What on earth is a retina screen? :blink: Is it already Borg time?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

6 hours ago, Vrack said:

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's on your end - for me it looks just fine and square. Got any custom stylesheets running you could try disabling? Or clear your cache and refresh?

Actually, it looks like it's an issue with image support for retina screens. A fix should happen in the next few days.

Are Omen Wyrms not able to breed with each other? All the purebred pairings turned up refusals, even with Fertility applied.

Since you're breeding Halloween x Halloween outside of that holiday you'll get nothing but refusals