Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I am totally fed up with editing signatures in this forum! :angry:

I went in this morning just to change the number of Split dragons listed. Everything was working fine before that and that is ALL I touched in my siggie. Now the whole thing is messed up. The images link to the images instead of the threads they should link to in the forum. The link for my scroll and my "try your luck" disappeared. I had the ARK badge and trackers for Fire Gems and Lunar Heralds in there that also disappeared.

This has happened to me several times before and I thought maybe I had just not let the edit page load fully during lag, but this time I was very careful about that. Any idea what might cause this and how to prevent it? Otherwise I am just going to have to go to a plain Jane siggie and forget it.:(

EDIT: I have fixed my signature yet again and had a lot of trouble getting rid of the images that were linking to the image. Finally had to totally delete the uploaded images. I just don't have the savvy or the patience to deal with this nonsense. I just left out most of the images and links that I have used. I may add them back later, but for now I will go with this version. :(

Edited by purplehaze

OK - so now that red spinel x red spinel seems to produce green - as one might have expected - does that mean they will NEVER breed red any more ?

49 minutes ago, Rally Vincent said:

I can't remember - shouldn' it be impossible for Halloween x Normal Pair who bred successfully during Halloween to refuse afterwards? Just in case it is a bug:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/GrxiM  x https://dragcave.net/lineage/JbucV refused

Newp, they are more then able to refuse durning nonholiday breedings,BUT during holidays you're allowed to breed the refused pairings

@Rally Vincent Holiday dragons during their holiday never refuse, even if they will refuse outside the holiday. What you experienced is intended, not a bug. Now you have two choices: 1) wait for next Halloween to breed them, because they will refuse every time but during Halloween; 2) obtain (trade for) 2nd gen Ice from Shadow Walker and then rename your Ice dragons.

ETA: :ph34r:'d.

Edited by Anemonis

Is anyone else having trouble adding dragons when making a new group? The list of dragons isn't filtering or reacting to my clicks.

16 hours ago, Rally Vincent said:

I can't remember - shouldn' it be impossible for Halloween x Normal Pair who bred successfully during Halloween to refuse afterwards? Just in case it is a bug:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/GrxiM  x https://dragcave.net/lineage/JbucV refused

To add to the above: Only the first non-holiday breeding determines the refusal state. :(

6 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Is anyone else having trouble adding dragons when making a new group? The list of dragons isn't filtering or reacting to my clicks.

Give it time, perchance? The whole listing and filtering is done in your own computer's working memory, so it's possible that something else that is hogging your computer's capacity would prevent that list from working properly.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

To add to the above: Only the first non-holiday breeding determines the refusal state. :(

Give it time, perchance? The whole listing and filtering is done in your own computer's working memory, so it's possible that something else that is hogging your computer's capacity would prevent that list from working properly.

Thing is, it's otherwise loading fine and nothing else is chugging. It's just unresponsive, which is weird because it's worked for me before.

I notice that a PM message has an edit allowed after it has been sent. If you edit a sent message, does the recipient get the edited version?

EDIT: I just tested this with a PM I had sent. The answer is NO, they don't. So what on earth is the point of allowing an edit that the recipient will never see?

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I notice that a PM message has an edit allowed after it has been sent. If you edit a sent message, does the recipient get the edited version?

EDIT: I just tested this with a PM I had sent. The answer is NO, they don't. So what on earth is the point of allowing an edit that the recipient will never see?

They don't get the edited version? I broke a trade link once to make sure the thing would be influenced, in case it wasn't picked up before it hatched, and edited my (unread) message to show the new link. They were able to pick it up, which means they were able to see my edit.

I haven't tested this out, does someone know how "edit" works? Does the recipient get sent multiple notifications? 

I think perhaps the recipient had already read it, although I didn't realize it at the time that I edited it. But she said she never saw the edited version (even though there were later messages in the conversation.)

Edited by purplehaze

10 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Question - are Mints ever supposed to turn upside down?  

Yeah they exist due to April Fools this year. They're limited edition basically :/

2 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Yeah they exist due to April Fools this year. They're limited edition basically :/

Oh, that's pretty tight, really.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, fuzzbucket said:

OK - so now that red spinel x red spinel seems to produce green - as one might have expected - does that mean they will NEVER breed red any more ?

I still want to know.... XD

4 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

I still want to know.... XD

An answer of TJ in another threat sounds like he was to implement Spinel x Spinel breeding with a 50% chance of getting greens if TCA is ok with that:

So I guess at some point they will procude red offspring once the ratios are more evened out. But as long as no one has a proof only TJ knows.

Of course we don't know what TCA answered. Except that they can make greens. But we don't know about the 50/50 split. ???

9 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Question - are Mints ever supposed to turn upside down?  

Only if you were lucky enough to get one from the game on April Fool's Day 2017. Like this one: https://dragcave.net/view/AlcUx.

So.. I've been working on scroll completion by way of freezing lots of hatchlings. I've gotten to

Freeze

You cannot attempt to freeze this hatchling because you have used this action X or more times in the past several weeks.

But I didn't freeze them all in one sitting, or even in one day, so will this like - "slowly" come off CD? ie: I get each "freeze" back 2 weeks after I "used" it? (and because I didn't keep track idk when...)

Or will I have to wait however many weeks and get them all back at once?

You can check your action log for the oldest freeze within the past 2 weeks. 2 weeks after that freeze, you can use the action again (once, for that one that just cooled off)

I know when Holidays multiclutch, you only get to keep one.

Is it the same for Celestials?

Also - how many eggs do they usually produce?

And how long do you get to claim one before they all get auto'd? (5 hours?)

Edited by Zeditha

1 hour ago, Azarkiel said:

So.. I've been working on scroll completion by way of freezing lots of hatchlings. I've gotten to

But I didn't freeze them all in one sitting, or even in one day, so will this like - "slowly" come off CD? ie: I get each "freeze" back 2 weeks after I "used" it? (and because I didn't keep track idk when...)

Or will I have to wait however many weeks and get them all back at once?

Also, you can go to the help section of your scroll and click Freeze under the  "Actions" in he left hand column.  It will give the day, but not the time..  Still, you would know the dates, so it would make it easier to look thru action log.

Zeditha, yes, you can only keep one.  I've gotten as many as 4.  And I am not sure how long you have, but I don't think it's that long.

Edited by Imzadi

50 minutes ago, Zeditha said:

And how long do you get to claim one before they all get auto'd? (5 hours?)

It actually says on the results page, if I recall correctly. I think it's 1 hour.

Yup, one hour, I just did a test-breed.

"The two dragons breed to produce several eggs, but you decide to keep only one:

Click the egg you wish to keep. If you do not select an egg, all of them will be abandoned after an hour."