Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Scroll sitters can be found here

I have to say that - kind though I try to be - I would not want to sit someone's eggs on my scroll, taking up space - especially not right now... I need the space for my own stuff...

Edited by fuzzbucket

@jerzeeshadow and @fuzzbucket - It is actually against the rules of that thread to take the eggs onto your own scroll or even to log into the other person's scroll. I don't know the reason for your request, or how long you would need the eggs held for you, but I agree with Fuzz that it might be very hard to find someone during the holiday madness who would be willing to give up scroll space. And you realize that you are opening yourself up to having those eggs taken and not returned?

I think if someone is benevolent enough to take and hold eggs, that's between them and the other person. I don't think that's against the rules - though as purple says, it is very risky. But logging on to another scroll certainly is. A few years ago, someone offered to catch holidays on other people's scrolls for them, and instead of doing so, logged in and released their stuff. (That was against the rules, sure, but still. It is one hell of a risk.)

I'd think that it *could* be against the rules depending on the reasoning behind it. Like, the thread where people ask to trade back and forth a wrongly-influenced egg to get rid of the influence, that's completely okay. But if you are wanting someone to take your eggs so that you have your scroll free to fill up on more eggs, and then trade them back to you once those eggs hatch, I'd see that as a way to get around the limits, and I'd assume that would not be okay.

I'd agree that it's absolutely not OK as a way around limits - but just as one can do it for influence etc, I think TECHNICALLY it's legal. For instance, if you are going to be away - you can't fog someone's eggs when you are scroll sitting; I can see that it might work better to have them on a scroll where they can be hidden if needs be.... but

1 hour ago, Full of Bees said:

Is there a way to change the time/timezone for the cave? Cave-time is an hour off from my local time and it's bugging me.

I think the point is to show you what time it is in the cave. Showing you your local time wouldn't serve much of a purpose.

Exactly. Try checking when you last used a BSA using your own time and you have to think too hard :)

This might be a very silly question but anyway... is there a way to see the full list of members on the forum, and search up a forum member?? Till now, I've only found the online member's list rather than the full forum members list.

15 minutes ago, bluesonic1 said:

This might be a very silly question but anyway... is there a way to see the full list of members on the forum, and search up a forum member?? Till now, I've only found the online member's list rather than the full forum members list.

the search function at the top can be used to sort for members. leave it blank and you get the full list

11 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

the search function at the top can be used to sort for members. leave it blank and you get the full list

THANK YOU :wub: Can't believe I didn't notice that!

1 minute ago, bluesonic1 said:

THANK YOU :wub: Can't believe I didn't notice that!

I never noticed before, I went looking when you asked.  lol was going to search for "member list" when I noticed.  So, I learned something too!

Just thought it was fresh as it dates Oct 29th 2017 and still has a counter XD

So it was re-released too hahaha

12 minutes ago, Belisar said:

Just thought it was fresh as it dates Oct 29th 2017 and still has a counter XD

So it was re-released too hahaha

Nope, it always "hatches" into itself, no matter if it hatches or dies from lack of views.

It's a Sisyphos egg!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ahhh I see! So it is an eternal cycle? That's nice :3

(sorry wiki site is glitching with my security as it seems - always closes on me so I could not read the article ^^")

Thanks!

Will we still be able to breed halloween dragons on November 1st? The wording in the news is a bit unclear to me, I'm not sure if it means that the first is the final day or that you won't be able to breed them once the first hits.

I killed some dragons on October 16, thinking I could try and revive them today to try for zombies. However, when I click on their actions, it says "You search, but are unable to find the creature you're looking for." . Did I kill them too far ahead? I thought as long as you had the codes you could try and revive them whenever you wanted to (Halloween being the best time, of course) , Is this just a temporary glitch? I will be trying again later on today..... 

6 minutes ago, kzspot said:

I killed some dragons on October 16, thinking I could try and revive them today to try for zombies. However, when I click on their actions, it says "You search, but are unable to find the creature you're looking for." . Did I kill them too far ahead? I thought as long as you had the codes you could try and revive them whenever you wanted to (Halloween being the best time, of course) , Is this just a temporary glitch? I will be trying again later on today..... 

Sorry, but you can only revive them up to two weeks, to the second, after they've died. Even if dead dragons don't get deleted from the system once they vanish from your scroll anymore, they can't be revived once they vanish.

Two questions here:

1. The 2017 halloween eggs will no longer be available in 18 hours, right? :~ I have some CB eggs that will only hatch in 18 hours and feel so bad about having to throw them away, but don't want to miss out on the new ones.

2. Anyone knows if this past event redrop will happen next year as well or if it was a one time thing?

17 minutes ago, Nayelianne said:

Two questions here:

1. The 2017 halloween eggs will no longer be available in 18 hours, right? :~ I have some CB eggs that will only hatch in 18 hours and feel so bad about having to throw them away, but don't want to miss out on the new ones.

2. Anyone knows if this past event redrop will happen next year as well or if it was a one time thing?

TJ's post indicates that the Halloween area will return - including this year's new dragon.

Also, keep an eye on the AP as there is a dropping event going on.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/180582-the-great-cb-halloween-aping-project/

27 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

TJ's post indicates that the Halloween area will return - including this year's new dragon.

Also, keep an eye on the AP as there is a dropping event going on.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/180582-the-great-cb-halloween-aping-project/

Thank you! c: Happy to hear there's a drop event going! I've been stalking the AP in the hopes of getting some hatchables/incuhatchables so I can throw my CB eggs on the AP, but my internet isn't being very collaborative, missed two CB Caligenes already. XD