Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I believe _Z_ is temporarily inactive.

Her last post was a week ago though.

I add them to my spreadsheet. No easier, but means I don't have to check my profile; I usually have the spreadsheet open when I am DCing anyway.

Edited by fuzzbucket

41 minutes ago, PREDATOR said:

Anyone have a better way of keeping track of IOUs than just writing them down in our profiles? >-<

I always kept them offsite - Google docs, currently.

Are there plans to do a secret santa gifting thread this year? I know there was an official account for it.

Is there an easy way to make the "interests" section bigger while editing my profile? The space is so tiny, and I have so much text there. The notes section expands to be so big, for example!

I know on chrome there's that little tool in the bottom right corner, but on mobile, I can't ever get it to work :( 

Edited by Toyo

Can two bred Zyumorphs of different colors produce an egg that is neither of the parent colors?

I just tried every bred one I have.

Not in my experience to date !

57 minutes ago, polaristar said:

Can two bred Zyumorphs of different colors produce an egg that is neither of the parent colors?

No, I believe they will always be the color of one of the parents. I'm not sure what happens if you breed a Xyu with a Sinomorph. I know if you breed a common with a Sinomorph you can get any color of Xyu.

You seem to get the breed it bred with. BUT - both times where I bred two sinos (different females to the same male) they delivered deserts. I don't know if that is "intended..."

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

You seem to get the breed it bred with. BUT - both times where I bred two sinos (different females to the same male) they delivered deserts. I don't know if that is "intended..."

I just tested and got the red one (volcano, I believe). https://dragcave.net/progeny/w9lad 

(Anyone interested in the egg should check my signature!)

Edited by purplehaze

A question of my own. How does one change the size and/or color of text in one's signature? Neither option is in the boxes above when you go to the edit signature page.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

A question of my own. How does one change the size and/or color of text in one's signature? Neither option is in the boxes above when you go to the edit signature page.

PM me tomorrow; I will talk you through it :)

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It should be there - make sure your window is wide enough to display it. This stupid "responsive design" means that some buttons simply disappear when the browser window is too small.

20 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It should be there - make sure your window is wide enough to display it. This stupid "responsive design" means that some buttons simply disappear when the browser window is too small.

How do I make the window wider? I'm on a laptop and it seems to be as wide as my screen.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

How do I make the window wider? I'm on a laptop and it seems to be as wide as my screen.

Small laptop, eh? Could zooming out work?

14 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Small laptop, eh? Could zooming out work?

Yes, thank you! :D

But why on earth does it not show, when there is plenty of empty space on that bar to the right? It's not like there really isn't room for it. :wacko: And why does it not tell you that there is more there?

Edited by purplehaze

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, thank you! :D

But why on earth does it not show, when there is plenty of empty space on that bar to the right? It's not like there really isn't room for it. :wacko: And why does it not tell you that there is more there?

No idea. That's something to slap into the invision people's faces, I suppose.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Using BBCode. For sizes, you might need to experiment, at least that's what I do. ;)

Tags you might be interested in:

>

[b]broad text[/b]

[i]italics[/i]

[u]underlined[/u]

[s]strike-through[/s]

[color=red]red text[/color] [color=blue]but[/color] [color=green]works[/color] [color=lime]with[/color] [color=yellow]other[/color] [color=purple]colors[/color] [color=orange]as[/color] [color=gray]well[/color]

[b][i][s][u][color=blue]can also be combined[/color][/u][/s][/i][/b]

[url=dragcave.net]this is a link[/url]

Without the code tags, this appeary like this:

broad text

italics

underlined

strike-through

red text but works with other colors as well

can also be combined

this is a link

@olympe Thanks. I will have to play with it some more. I tried that, for size, but it didn't seem to change anything, so I thought it didn't work. But I only tried one size and maybe that was the size that the text already was?

Nope. I tried various sizes (-1, 1, 16) - but nothing happened. (Sorry, bad splash pun.) And, yes, size=-1 used to work for very small writing. Also, images... the code doesn't work as it used to because the link to the image is directly translated into the image itself. Weird.

What is pinging someone supposed to do. I have just observed that I was pinged in a thread - but as far as I can see, exactly nothing happened to me... :lol:

When you ping someone it sends them a notification to make them aware that someone mentioned them in a post.

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

What is pinging someone supposed to do. I have just observed that I was pinged in a thread - but as far as I can see, exactly nothing happened to me... :lol:

When your notification setting "Someone mentions me in a post" is set to send a notification (browser or email) you will be informed about having been mentioned using the @name tagging function.

Scroll down here: https://forums.dragcave.net/notifications/options/

(This has TWO boxes of settings with a "save" button each!)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I know this probably doesn't really belong here but I have no idea where it would belong, so... I'm just looking for opinions. I have a "hybrids and hybrid-making parents" Group, but I'm confused when it comes to green Spinels. They seem to be technically a hybrid, since you have to breed two different breeds in order to get it, but the fact that the 2nd breed needed can be any of the Earth-aligned breeds makes it murky. Do I add green Spinels and just leave out the 2nd "hybrid-making parent", since that would be so many different breeds? Or do I not add green Spinels and just think of them as not true hybrids?