Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I believe you do get the slot back if you release it, but not if you kill it. Not totally sure, though. 

Edited by Tehya Faye

Just now, Tehya Faye said:

Huh, you're right! That is odd. :blink:

Right? I like to hunt in the early-morning, I'm more likely to catch rares, but it's been 40 minutes ):

Been empty for me since the 7am GMT drop at the top of the last hour. The drop at five minutes to seven was normal. Very odd. 

Eggs are back now. This has been happening more often lately it seems. Ordinarily all the eggs for the whole hour are generated at the top of the hour. But if that doesn't happen for whatever reason, then all the drops will fail until the next hourly.

This is probably a stupid question, but I used to have one of the dragon cave forum pics as my profile picture - the cute little water dragon. It has disappeared and while I can see where to upload a picture or link to one from a URL, I can't see where the default forum choices now are.  Have they been removed?  

@FullMoonDreams The avatar gallery was lost/removed during a massive forum update that happened in July.

17 hours ago, Niomedes said:

Just a quick GoN question; does a slot come back if you release an adult?

@Niomedes No, you don't get the slot back if you release one of your GoNs.

Edited by w5aw5

Ah, I see.  I don't come to the forums very often and didn't notice when I was posting on the Halloween event thread.  

Thanks.

Edited by FullMoonDreams

2 hours ago, FullMoonDreams said:

Ah, I see.  I don't come to the forums very often and didn't notice when I was posting on the Halloween event thread.  

Thanks.

While the gallery apparently disappeared a while ago (with the forum update), the avatars themselves vanished only recently (like a few days ago - mine was also affected), so during Halloween they were still visible. I assume that the image links expired or something like that. Really sad. :(

Speaking of the forum update - did the BSA suggestion subforum disappeared at the same time, too? I only recently noticed that it was gone. -_-

Pretty much. I forget exactly when - it was just after Sock left - but it was all put back in suggestions.

1 hour ago, Aleoleo said:

Speaking of the forum update - did the BSA suggestion subforum disappeared at the same time, too? I only recently noticed that it was gone. -_-

It was removed sometime around that, but not in the course of the forum upgrade, as far as I recall.

Is anyone else having issues with the raffle? When I click to enter, nothing happens.

19 hours ago, w5aw5 said:

@FullMoonDreams The avatar gallery was lost/removed during a massive forum update that happened in July.

@Niomedes No, you don't get the slot back if you release one of your GoNs.

Since when?  It was my understanding that a killed GoN continued to take a slot (because dead dragons don't disappear) but that releasing one allowed a new one to be caught. 

How do I properly insert links to images in my sig? Ever since the forum upgraded, all of my image links and most of other people's image links have been redirecting to the page I'm currently in instead of the intended page. Re-linking doesn't seem to work.

What does the link look like that you are trying to insert?

(Screenshot might be best to avoid the forum's auto-formatting)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

You have to do the whole thing again - insert the pic from scratch (when "editing signature") and add its link all over again, and all that.

Been there, had nervous breakdown, finally recovered :lol:

I have a sick hatchlings. She has a lot of views and clicks (she was only on 3 click sites, unless someone viewbombed her). Is it likely that she will recover or possible she will die? She's hidden right now.

OV: 7888

UV: 760

Clicks: 11

She's the first born silver from my Thalassa/silver pairing and I really don't want to lose her to possible viewbombing. :(

Leave her hidden until she is well below 4 days and also no longer sick. (I ALWAYS leave sick things fogged for at least 24 hours, even if they think they feel better.) If she is going to die anyway - that's all you can do, but she has enough views to grow up, so leaving her as late as you can will mean she should grow up as soon as she is unhidden.

12 minutes ago, Yunako said:

I have a sick hatchlings. She has a lot of views and clicks (she was only on 3 click sites, unless someone viewbombed her). Is it likely that she will recover or possible she will die? She's hidden right now.

OV: 7888

UV: 760

Clicks: 11

She's the first born silver from my Thalassa/silver pairing and I really don't want to lose her to possible viewbombing. :(

It may depend a bit on how old she is, but I have had hatchies survive worse than that. I had one that stayed sick for well over 24 hours, not long ago, and I was sure it was going to die, but it didn't. There is really nothing you can do beyond hiding her. As Fuzz says, leave her hidden until she can grow up. If she doesn't grow up instantly when you unfog her, it should be safe to put her back on click a click site to get her what she needs.

I'm trying to add some eggs to one of my project groups and every time I click "Add" the page just goes white... It's only when trying to add them with the "Lineage" option checked, and only when I have more than one egg selected. Adding a single egg with "Lineage" checked works fine.

Anyone else having this problem? Do you think it's just a technical limitation, or is it a glitch?