Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

When you ping someone it sends them a notification to make them aware that someone mentioned them in a post.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

What is pinging someone supposed to do. I have just observed that I was pinged in a thread - but as far as I can see, exactly nothing happened to me... :lol:

When your notification setting "Someone mentions me in a post" is set to send a notification (browser or email) you will be informed about having been mentioned using the @name tagging function.

 

Scroll down here: https://forums.dragcave.net/notifications/options/

(This has TWO boxes of settings with a "save" button each!)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

I know this probably doesn't really belong here but I have no idea where it would belong, so... I'm just looking for opinions. I have a "hybrids and hybrid-making parents" Group, but I'm confused when it comes to green Spinels. They seem to be technically a hybrid, since you have to breed two different breeds in order to get it, but the fact that the 2nd breed needed can be any of the Earth-aligned breeds makes it murky. Do I add green Spinels and just leave out the 2nd "hybrid-making parent", since that would be so many different breeds? Or do I not add green Spinels and just think of them as not true hybrids?

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I can tell Spinels are treated like Undines but with a slight restriction- in such a case, I'd call them alts.

 

 

As for my own question: how long should it take for a sick egg/hatchling to recover? I had two ER eggs that got sick, hid them, unhid them so they could hatch, and then hid them again and they're still stubbornly sick. Zyumorphs, if that helps. I just don't want them to stay sick when Ward runs out.

 

XGrAcmi.png

Edited by Kiryu
adding image

Share this post


Link to post

If I have something sick I ALWAYS hide it for 24 hours no matter what. With those two - I don't know how long they have to go, but those stats I wouldn't unfog till they are below 4 days.

 

Zyus get sick a very great deal.

 

@Terces - Ah. Unless notifications are supposed to come by email, I will never hear about it then XD Thanks. (If it came by those pop up notifications that are so annoying I blocked them ! Emails I allow - but I didn't get one.)

 

Good. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

If it came by those pop up notifications that are so annoying I blocked them ! Emails I allow - but I didn't get one.

You need to SET that yourself (see the link above, or click the notifications symbol in the top right corner, then notification settings).

There's one setting for browser and one for email notifications - you can use none, one or both, set separately for various events on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh I don't WANT them. I am delighted that I seem to have set them not to show :) (I use email notifications ONLY for the ones I WANT to get - like important tracked threads (BINGO !)

 

But it just meant I had no idea what ping does (not that I know how to ping, but as it seems a bit silly to me, I don;'t plan to do it !)

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

not that I know how to ping

Just in case you ever need it ;) type @ followed immediately by the name. A little dropdown box will fill with matching account names until the right one shows up, which you click to select it. There seems to be no simple button for that function. This is useful whenever you don't know if someone follows a given thread, and you're not feeling like messaging them - especially when you want to tell multiple people at once "pay attention to this post here" :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Just in case you ever need it ;) type @ followed immediately by the name. A little dropdown box will fill with matching account names until the right one shows up, which you click to select it. There seems to be no simple button for that function. This is useful whenever you don't know if someone follows a given thread, and you're not feeling like messaging them - especially when you want to tell multiple people at once "pay attention to this post here" :lol:

 

Which is exactly that which I don't see any point to :lol:

 

But thanks. Allow me: @Ruby Eyes

 

Poor you; now you might feel you have to LOOK.

Share this post


Link to post

Possible dumb question: Why is the Abandoned Page loaded with nothing but Olive eggs? I'm seriously hoping I'm not the only one confused by this but it's perfectly possible that I am.

Share this post


Link to post

Most likely because of the Holly contest. People (or possibly just one person with a ton of Olives) sometimes breed tons of Olives to the AP to help out people collecting them for this year's Holly contest (collect a certain number of Olives, get gifted a Holly).

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Marie19R said:

Most likely because of the Holly contest. People (or possibly just one person with a ton of Olives) sometimes breed tons of Olives to the AP to help out people collecting them for this year's Holly contest (collect a certain number of Olives, get gifted a Holly).

Ooooh makes sense thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, leaf0701 said:

Possible dumb question: Why is the Abandoned Page loaded with nothing but Olive eggs? I'm seriously hoping I'm not the only one confused by this but it's perfectly possible that I am.

Some people seem to like massbreeding their stuff:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/163786-who-keeps-breeding-one-egg-to-abandon-massbreed/

 

And Olives are part of this year's Holly contest.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/177377-holly-contest-2017/

 

:ph34r:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

I see blusang lindwyrms and two-headed lindwyrms had their names updated for consistent morphology naming. For... reference purposes, when did this occur?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I know this probably doesn't really belong here but I have no idea where it would belong, so... I'm just looking for opinions. I have a "hybrids and hybrid-making parents" Group, but I'm confused when it comes to green Spinels. They seem to be technically a hybrid, since you have to breed two different breeds in order to get it, but the fact that the 2nd breed needed can be any of the Earth-aligned breeds makes it murky. Do I add green Spinels and just leave out the 2nd "hybrid-making parent", since that would be so many different breeds? Or do I not add green Spinels and just think of them as not true hybrids?

 

If it helps, Spinel x Spinel CAN produce green now, so you don't need two breeds. It has been confirmed by Cinnamin Draconna:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Now I want to know if we can get reds from greens....

Share this post


Link to post

How common is it for dragons to refuse with fertility? I just had it happen for the first time and I've never heard of this before.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

How common is it for dragons to refuse with fertility? I just had it happen for the first time and I've never heard of this before.

By my own observations, based on various reports, chance of refusal despite Fertility seems very low, maybe similar to Influence fail chance.

(Unless, of course, there is a Turpentine involved. They have their own minds.)

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

How common is it for dragons to refuse with fertility? I just had it happen for the first time and I've never heard of this before.

 

I had it happen to me recently for the first time ever too. I'm guessing it's pretty rare, fortunately my refused pair was replaceable.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Terces said:

 

I had it happen to me recently for the first time ever too. I'm guessing it's pretty rare, fortunately my refused pair was replaceable.

This Shimmer has refused two Coppers in a row now, so even though I can trade for another one eventually, it was pretty annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Aventurine said:

Anyone know why Sinii Krai dragons are sorted between Blue-banded and Bolt dragons??

 

The name translates to "Blue Edge." Here's a quote from one of the spriters:

 

Share this post


Link to post

I see!  Figured it had to be something like that, but I was confused because I thought that one of the more recent updates had done away with the 'internal name used in sorting' thing (where Shallow Waters sorted as Goldfish, etc.) .  Guess I read it wrong, or these guys are just a special exception!  Their blue edges really are pretty.  If I weren't egglocked, I'd go pick up another female. :)

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.