Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, miaou said:

is precognition a 100% guarantee? i haven't really used it before, but i did this time because i'm out of influences at the moment. i don't want to take any unnecessary steps if the aeon is definitely telling me the future reality. :3

TJ said once that it was 100%. Can't find the post, but...

1 hour ago, ridshadowfox said:

I have a question concerning making fan art. If I want to do a Dragon Cave fan comic on DeviantArt do I need to ask every sprite artist for permission? I'm not going to use any graphics/sprites from the site, it would be all my hand drawings.

Your best bet is to check under the list of artists' permissions. Some of them require that you ask them first. Others don't.  The thread is here: 

6 hours ago, ridshadowfox said:

I have a question concerning making fan art. If I want to do a Dragon Cave fan comic on DeviantArt do I need to ask every sprite artist for permission? I'm not going to use any graphics/sprites from the site, it would be all my hand drawings.

In addition to what Jazeki posted, just FYI, even though you're doing the drawings yourself you are still using the designs created by the artists who sprited the dragons. It's our intellectual property and we have the right to have a say in how our design is used.

I'm one of the ones who require that you ask. It's mostly because I want to know who's doing what with my designs.

How do we edit image links in signatures ? I have edited one four times today (because TJ's link shortener seems to have fallen over) and EVERY TIME it reverts.... (Yes I hit save and everything and it said my sig had been changed - and it hasn't...)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I've had just terrible lag in the forums and in the cave ever since the Halloween event. What's going on...?

5 hours ago, Fiona said:

In addition to what Jazeki posted, just FYI, even though you're doing the drawings yourself you are still using the designs created by the artists who sprited the dragons. It's our intellectual property and we have the right to have a say in how our design is used.

Ok understood but what about non dragon sprites and images?

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

How do we edit image links in signatures ? I have edited one four times today (because TJ's link shortener seems to have fallen over) and EVERY TIME it reverts.... (Yes I hit save and everything and it said my sig had been changed - and it hasn't...)

Probably a stupid question to a seasoned player like you, but did you try clearing your cache and then looking at your sig again?

2 hours ago, ridshadowfox said:

Ok understood but what about non dragon sprites and images?

Such as the trick or treat images from the event? Go ahead on those if you want to do something with my name attached. Just make sure you give credit properly.

I noticed the new monthly raffle page, and accordingly updated my email to one that I actually used just to be safe - should I get my sister to do the same? I know there are email notifications if you win, but do they have a purpose beyond simply notifying you?

Edit: Okay, judging from the discussion page it seems like it's all done via the page itself, so my sister would be good there. 

Edited by Tehya Faye
Research.

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Probably a stupid question to a seasoned player like you, but did you try clearing your cache and then looking at your sig again?

Yus.

I got around it by deleting the whole thing and starting over - but if it gives the OPTION to edit the link, why does it say it saved it - and then when you save it, and check again (go for edit link), it  has reverted to the old link.

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

but if it gives the OPTION to edit the link, why does it say it saved it - and then when you save it, and check again (go for edit link), it  has reverted to the old link.

No clue why that doesn't work for you, as for me it works that way (the bingo link in my sig has been edited this way 3 times so far, not removed and re-put) :( What browser are you using? I'm on Firefox/Waterfox (depending on which computer I'm sitting at).

Anybody else still having a crazy amount of lag on the site? The Halloween event is over, so why is there still so much lag? :blink:

15 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Anybody else still having a crazy amount of lag on the site? The Halloween event is over, so why is there still so much lag? :blink:

Well, it's not really over for a couple more days really, we're all hoarding the bred dragons from the AP now, and there's also lots of this years' new eggs to come in there yet.

I've still got terrible lag as well. Kinda worth it, though!

51 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No clue why that doesn't work for you, as for me it works that way (the bingo link in my sig has been edited this way 3 times so far, not removed and re-put) :( What browser are you using? I'm on Firefox/Waterfox (depending on which computer I'm sitting at).

Firefox. Never mind :)

Edited by fuzzbucket
wrong thread !!!

I can barely even do anything as the lag is bad on the forums as it is in the cave. I'm not even sure what to do anymore...

The forums are loading fine for me but the cave is definitely a bit on the pokey side.  I imagine it's under fairly heavy load from the event still, and there are still lots of Halloween eggs in the AP.

I know why holidays multiclutch, but I have to wonder if it's becoming too much for the game. (at least the clutches of 4, anyway).

Is the site running REALLY slow for anyone else?

It as been for me for the last half hour and every other site has been working just fine. Tried all the usual stuff...

How long have the biomes been empty? Just sat through an emptying biome from :53 to :56.

Edit: And eggs are back at the hour. Nevermind.

Edited by Jazeki

Why was the order of biomes chaged for mobile phones? I thought it would go back to the way it was before, when the Halloween biome disapoears...

I have a Witchlight egg that I'd like to influence female, but I'm out of female Pinks on my scroll who can use their BSA.  If I send my egg to someone else and they influence it, will the Influence stay once it's returned to my account? 

11 minutes ago, ZenithNadir said:

I have a Witchlight egg that I'd like to influence female, but I'm out of female Pinks on my scroll who can use their BSA.  If I send my egg to someone else and they influence it, will the Influence stay once it's returned to my account? 

I will hold after the egg hatches, but not before. Have you an Aeon you can see if it might by chance already BE female ?

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

I will hold after the egg hatches, but not before. Have you an Aeon you can see if it might by chance already BE female ?

Thanks for the reply! I precog'd the egg already and it's set to gender male :/