Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I thought it might be animated because sometimes those take a long time to show up for me, but I have had the page open for an hour or more and still no image.

Thanks for your answer. Now that I know what it should be I don't really care if it shows. Especially if other people can see it. :)

19 hours ago, Nine said:

I don't know. I've been pretty predictable with my incubates since forever, plopped holiday eggs in at <6 days before and haven't had issues. My other eggs seem fine, too. I've even got some at 6d19h with the same view count and they're fine. It's just more than a little odd to me.

Eggs are fine now so it's not a huge issue. But now I feel I have to babysit my scroll more than usual, groan..

Might have been luck. Putting anything into hatcheries before 6d12h almost always causes sickness for me, because as the other poster said, incubate doesn't change how young the site sees the egg as being. As far as your other eggs go--it probably comes down to slight individual variance. I've had eggs with about equal views and time where one will get sick, the other will get sick a half hour later, and the rest won't get sick at all. :P Either way probably is a good idea to be more cautious around holidays in general, since activity on DC spikes drastically around then.

45 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Might have been luck. Putting anything into hatcheries before 6d12h almost always causes sickness for me, because as the other poster said, incubate doesn't change how young the site sees the egg as being. As far as your other eggs go--it probably comes down to slight individual variance. I've had eggs with about equal views and time where one will get sick, the other will get sick a half hour later, and the rest won't get sick at all. :P Either way probably is a good idea to be more cautious around holidays in general, since activity on DC spikes drastically around then.

I never knew eggs could vary in sickness like that. I always assumed it was a hard coded ratio, like 20:1 UVs or something (except for breeds that are harder to hatch maybe). An odd quirk, but thankfully nothing too tedious.

Trouble with dc and related sites running slower? I know it's high traffic and all.. but they're REALLY going slow. I've tested a few other sites and it's not my connection- everything else responds immediately. 

Also, not sure if this is DC's end or more likely eatw, but their TOOLS page isn't working to load my scroll at all- I'm looking to sort some dragons and it helps me find the CB's much quicker than individual clicking. 

Lag has been dreadful for me ever since the event started. Cave and forum both.

Likely a combination of increased traffic due to holidays as well as making the holiday events actually work on the site.

Question: Since I've got back, a lot of my eggs have not gotten their single click from me no matter how many times I've clicked em. I've tried multiple different areas to click from and still nothing. Is this just a common bug or something?

13 minutes ago, TwilitProphet said:

Question: Since I've got back, a lot of my eggs have not gotten their single click from me no matter how many times I've clicked em. I've tried multiple different areas to click from and still nothing. Is this just a common bug or something?

There was a thread about this awhile ago. Found it.

7 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Also, not sure if this is DC's end or more likely eatw, but their TOOLS page isn't working to load my scroll at all- I'm looking to sort some dragons and it helps me find the CB's much quicker than individual clicking. 

Is EATW. Their tools page stopped loading my scroll some weeks ago - maybe it's too large?

edit: actually, on my office computer it works. At home on my old laptop it does not.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It makes me feel better seeing others having issues with eatw. It wont even let me add my scroll. Saying the "poll was full" or something like that. :/

Are there vamps in the Halloween biome? I didn't see any, but to be fair, I wasn't really paying attention to what I was clicking on, as long as I got something.

*adjust old lady glasses* Perhaps I'm just missing it, or I'm imagining a feature that was never available, but is it possible to sort dragons by "user described" vs "not user described" ? I've got nearly 3,000 dragons and I know I've described a few, but dang if trying to open all of them to find the handful I've described doesn't seem like a chore...

Thanks for any guidance here, I'm an old fart and I forget what's been added or not, ha ha.

Sadly I don't believe there is any such sort. I don't describe my dragons, so I'm not 100% sure, but I do know there have been requests for years for some way to mark described dragons so they can be found easily and I never heard of anything being done.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sadly I don't believe there is any such sort. I don't describe my dragons, so I'm not 100% sure, but I do know there have been requests for years for some way to mark described dragons so they can be found easily and I never heard of anything being done.

Ah, drat. Thanks for letting me know, though! I'll have to trade someone to go through them and find the few described dragons, haha.

Is it permissible to use table formatting in a post?

Take a personal lineage project post, mine for example. It should probably be noted that the table could be up to 17 rows tall and 7 columns wide.

Instead of this,

Bloodsliver Wrapping x Bloodwing Scythe = Offspring

Can I use this?

2G Wrapping-Wing_mature_hatchi.png Bloodsliver Wrapping Bleeding_Moon_mature_hatchi.png Bloodwing Scythe Checker

Offspring

Edit: The formatting doesn't seem to like mobile devices, stretches across the screen on my phone. I might just avoid using tables if they're going to be annoying to look at for others. Question still stands, though I'm now just asking out of curiosity.

Edited by Omen

3 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

There were 0 eggs during the hourly drop. O_O

Also, there are 0 eggs in any biomes right now??

what's going on?

Are there users with no DC username?

One hatchling I visited for TOT shows up with a weird link: dragcave.net/halloweeen17/n/[10 digit number]

(Clicking it leads to the "Page Not Found" page.)

dragcave.net/user/n/[10 digit number] links to a scroll, so I suppose the /n/ thing is what the system does to link to a user ID instead of username (kind of an inversion of the way it works for dragon codes/names). I'm just wondering it this player really has no name or what else is going on here.

The number is the user name, but if you use /user withouth the /n, it'll link you to the scroll with that number instead of the user name. The /n/[10 digit number] is indeed the user name.

14 minutes ago, Rally Vincent said:

The number is the user name, but if you use /user withouth the /n, it'll link you to the scroll with that number instead of the user name. The /n/[10 digit number] is indeed the user name.

Thank you for explaining, this makes sense.

I can see the hatchling's page now by removing the /n from the link, at least it looks exactly like the hatchling on my TOT page. (So the Halloween page appears to be designed to work with usernames only and therefore doesn't need the /n.)

I've forgotten how long a fail-bite egg lasts on your Scroll and ties up an egg space. Help me out?

8 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

I've forgotten how long a fail-bite egg lasts on your Scroll and ties up an egg space. Help me out?

It ties up an egg spot for exactly 24 hours to the minute. It will sit on your scroll mocking you for 2 weeks. :P

A few hours ago, the costumes were displayed as normal. Now a few show up as just the plain sprite. Is the event doing this for anyone else? 

I tried buying the mummy costume and I can put it on my hatchling, but nothing shows up. The wizard hat my hatchling was wearing earlier also disappeared. Screenshot.

Edit: Nevermind, cleared my history and everything except the mummy wings is back to normal.

Edited by The Dragoness

Where would I post an egg babysitting request?  I have some eggs that I would like another user to place on their scroll, and then send them back to me.