Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I can see it.... if you want, I have no space, but I will run you a two way, influence and hatch it ? then we trade back and you return my hatchie ? PMing you....

16 hours ago, 888888 said:

Is the cave super laggy for anyone else?

Yep. I'm guessing it's because of the higher traffic.

I feel like I'm being dumb but... Is there any way to tell from which breed exactly a Zombie is derived?

@MiaLilyUse breed sort (or a temporary sort by breed filter). In breed sort, zombies will sort with the breed of dragon they used to be, rather than as their own distinct breed. (This is obviously if you own it. If you don't, I don't think there's any way of telling exactly what breed it was without asking the owner.)

@songwithnosoul Thank you so much! I KNEW there was something, I just couldn't remember it for the life of me. And yes, I was asking for my own Zombies because they need a name...

Is it intentional behavior to see eggs that you've abandoned into the AP when you're creating a group? At least, I'm assuming that's what these two eggs are from. All I know is that they're not on my scroll, they are CB, they're the same two breeds I dropped into the AP in order to grab more of the new Halloween eggs, and they are younger than what's currently showing in the AP (so they haven't been picked up by anyone yet). 

Edited by Tehya Faye

1 hour ago, Tehya Faye said:

Is it intentional behavior to see eggs that you've abandoned into the AP when you're creating a group? At least, I'm assuming that's what these two eggs are from. All I know is that they're not on my scroll, they are CB, they're the same two breeds I dropped into the AP in order to grab more of the new Halloween eggs, and they are younger than what's currently showing in the AP (so they haven't been picked up by anyone yet). 

You can see them because no one has picked them up yet, so yours is the last scroll they were associated with.  (whether that's intended or not, no one seems to know, but that is why)

So on the new progeny page you can't see children a dragon has had with a deceased partner. I don't think this used to be the case, but it's inconvenient and wondering if its intended behavior.

Quick question, as time is running out!

I picked up a gorgeous-lineaged egg from the AP, checked it with an Aeon dragon, and learned that it's going to gender incorrectly.  Although the egg only has 2 days, 22 hours left, the Aeon's text stated that there was still time to influence it.  Is there a BSA that adds more time to an egg?  I haven't been on the site regularly for about a year, so I'm not sure what all I've missed, or if this is just a glitch that happened because it was a holiday egg or something.  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

@KelkelenI'm afraid there isn't. The Precognition text always says there's more time to influence if an egg hasn't already been influenced, even when the egg is at or under 3 days.

1 minute ago, songwithnosoul said:

@KelkelenI'm afraid there isn't. The Precognition text always says there's more time to influence if an egg hasn't already been influenced, even when the egg is at or under 3 days.

Augh, that's so sad!  It's the best AP egg I've ever snagged, from a Spriter's Alt!  Alas...  Thanks for the answer, though! 

How do I change the time settings on here? The US went an hour back and I cannot find where to set that.

Also, what happened to my default picture? It was the rotating stripes one.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

How long do you have to wait until your naming rights are restored after your penalized with entire name removal from scroll?

7 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

How long do you have to wait until your naming rights are restored after your penalized with entire name removal from scroll?

Did you PM TJ about it?

Yes, it's been almost two days and no reply.  I asked him which names caused this, but he hasn't replied.  So that's why I'm here asking around for some clues about this.🔍

Try waiting a little longer.  TJ is super busy.  I've had to wait for a few days for responses if it's not a super important issue.  Don't PM him again, it'll only irritate him, possibly to the point where he just doesn't want to allow you back just because of personal bias. Give him a week or two, he'll get to you eventually and he might be more inclined to give you a chance if you were polite.  If you'd like, I can help you think of new names for your dragons if you can't remember some or hold some names for you.  

Also, @demonicvampiregirl I think the cave time may have changed automatically.  There's no way to actually change cave time that I know of.  Not sure about the forum though.

Edited by Draconiusultamius

@jerzeeshadow It's only been a couple days since you first posted about this issue. I'd say give TJ a week or two to respond, but even then, you did break obvious rules so it's a possibility you won't get your naming privileges back anytime soon. In my opinion it's sorta counter-productive to take naming privileges away and then reinstate them in a matter of days, so it may be awhile. Try to be patient and take this as lesson learned.

Okay, thanks for giving me some type of timeframe.  I'm just kinda upset by it.  Especially since I couldn't find anybody else to talk to about it.  Thank you.  

Wait... cave time actually changes for Earth's daylight savings? Though I guess it doesn't matter because it's only a hiccup for ND experiments and I don't do those anymore.

There used to be a gifting thread where first come first served could grab - can't recall the thread name or locate it. Want to clear AP as out of freezes myself - any good threads to give away hatchies?

1 minute ago, lilacamy931 said:

There used to be a gifting thread where first come first served could grab - can't recall the thread name or locate it. Want to clear AP as out of freezes myself - any good threads to give away hatchies?

Probably the best place. 

10 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Do we have any idea when Omen dragons will be in the encyclopedia?

Nope :)