Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 minutes ago, pollyfirstfirst said:

What does display name history on my profile page mean?

It let's you see your previous usernames used on the site.

11 minutes ago, pollyfirstfirst said:

What does display name history on my profile page mean?

Refers to the possibility to change your display name in your account settings.

I get email notifications from trading forums, but now the images are very large and pixelated.  I thought it might settle down and go away, but it's still happening.  Do I have to alter something to get them back to normal?

Apologies if this subject has already been addressed as I haven't read through the thread.

1 minute ago, quinney said:

I get email notifications from trading forums, but now the images are very large and pixelated.  I thought it might settle down and go away, but it's still happening.  Do I have to alter something to get them back to normal?

Apologies if this subject has already been addressed as I haven't read through the thread.

For some reason, https is zooming in on the images. Change the image url to just http and it'll show up at the correct size.

Or do you mean all images are large for you?

26 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

For some reason, https is zooming in on the images. Change the image url to just http and it'll show up at the correct size.

Or do you mean all images are large for you?

No, not all of them, I'll try your instructions. Thanks!

Quick question that it was suggested I post here: when you block a member, how does the actual system block them? Does it do it solely on the username I enter to be blocked or does it then take that username, find the account associated, then block their individual I.D. number? Reason I'm asking is because of the whole ability to change usernames now being a thing and whether this would have an effect on the block system.

5 minutes ago, CharonDusk said:

Quick question that it was suggested I post here: when you block a member, how does the actual system block them? Does it do it solely on the username I enter to be blocked or does it then take that username, find the account associated, then block their individual I.D. number? Reason I'm asking is because of the whole ability to change usernames now being a thing and whether this would have an effect on the block system.

I'm reasonably sure it should block the member throughout username changes; otherwise, it's a pretty useless function.

EDIT: If people are really concerned, we could test. If someone wants to change their username but hasn't yet, you can let one of us know. We'll block you before you change your name, then check out our blocked users after you change your name. But I'm pretty confident they should stay blocked. Otherwise, that seems like a major oversight and failing on invision's part.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Why is a penalty point that I got in 2011 and don't even recall actually getting showing up on my profile? I don't need to know about it, it's literally six years old and has no effect on my forum experience other than making me irrationally angry about something that happened six years ago. 

3 minutes ago, tiktokism said:

Why is a penalty point that I got in 2011 and don't even recall actually getting showing up on my profile? I don't need to know about it, it's literally six years old and has no effect on my forum experience other than making me irrationally angry about something that happened six years ago. 

Your profile just seems to show your entire history, no matter how old or how long it's been since it's worn off. I think it's because the new forums got rid of the original warning box, but no one but you and mods can see it. And, now it's just in your profile instead of it being tagged to your posts. I'm not sure how much, if any, control TJ has over how that displays. =U It could be worth asking him, though.

I do agree it's not the best method. If you have no current warnings, nothing should show up. That makes the most sense.

I understand that it's random which gender of Sinomorph you get with a summon, but is there a way to use the same dragons to try again for the gender you want? Will that happen if I release my Sino? What if I kill it? T_T Do I only get one chance and will I need to get a full set of Zynos again?

Is there a way to change font, size, and color in a post on mobile? 

22 minutes ago, Diamondinmyeye said:

I understand that it's random which gender of Sinomorph you get with a summon, but is there a way to use the same dragons to try again for the gender you want? Will that happen if I release my Sino? What if I kill it? T_T Do I only get one chance and will I need to get a full set of Zynos again?

So far it seems you only get one chance per set. Someone else will have to tell you what happens if you kill or release your Sino though.

52 minutes ago, Diamondinmyeye said:

Once you use the option, you cannot use it again until you pick up another one of each zyu color, no matter if you release or kill your sino. Killing or releasing your sino will just remove it from your scroll (...eventually, in the case of killing). Based on past experience in this thread.

Good news is, you can pick up zyus and try to summon, then release them if you don't want them or they go against your scroll goals or whatever. If you wanna consider that good news. XD

Good luck! I'm on my fourth sino and hoping for a male myself.

This question is about the upgraded forum: how do I add color to my posts in roleplays currently? I tried the

[color=insert color here][/color]

code like I've done before but it's now not working so I don't know if I need to do something else now and what that is.

Edited by SkySong278

1 minute ago, SkySong278 said:

This question is about the upgraded forum: how do I add color to my posts in roleplays currently? I tried the code like I've done before but it's now not working so I don't know if I need to do something else now and what that is.

The code should work. I think base colors, you can use the color names (black, blue, yellow, green, etc.). Other colors, you may need to use the hex code names if you are sticking with BB Code. Or, click the underlined A up in the formatting toolbar for color choices.

okay I'll try that and thank you :)

The edit profile information box contains an About Me field - where is it displayed other than in that edit box?

9 hours ago, Jazeki said:

So far it seems you only get one chance per set. Someone else will have to tell you what happens if you kill or release your Sino though.

I did release my second Sino for being male. You only get one chance per set like Jazeki said. 

15 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I'm reasonably sure it should block the member throughout username changes; otherwise, it's a pretty useless function.

EDIT: If people are really concerned, we could test. If someone wants to change their username but hasn't yet, you can let one of us know. We'll block you before you change your name, then check out our blocked users after you change your name. But I'm pretty confident they should stay blocked. Otherwise, that seems like a major oversight and failing on invision's part.

If still needed, I'd be happy to help with that.

Question - I read on another thread that Ultraviolets can occasionally throw Spitfires. Is that true? If so, are they the only hybrid able to do so and does anyone know why this is? Is it related to the "fact" (not sure if true or not) that Spitfire x Purple will never produce a purple?

15 minutes ago, CharonDusk said:

Question - I read on another thread that Ultraviolets can occasionally throw Spitfires. Is that true? If so, are they the only hybrid able to do so and does anyone know why this is? Is it related to the "fact" (not sure if true or not) that Spitfire x Purple will never produce a purple?

Is that true: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FFWWM

Never say never: https://dragcave.net/lineage/wnZto (matter of ratios, I suspect)

To my knowledge, this is the only case of "regression" from a true hybrid back to a source breed. Wiki says so, too:
http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Ultraviolet_Dragon

Edited by Ruby Eyes

As Ruby Eyes said. The reasoning behind this was that the Ultraviolets are still pretty close to their Spitfire parents and are thus able to have Spitfire children. And, yes, it's the only case of true regression to a parent breed for any kind of hybrid.

I can't find this anywhere: are we still able to access our pm buddies? I can't find mine.

Never mind, I found a thread about it. It seems like the buddy lists are gone. :(

Edited by StormBirdRising

I don't seem to be getting subscription notifications ever since I changed my settings in "Manage Followed Content". I have the Daily Dragon Fix topic set to give me immediate notifications, but both of Ruby Eyes' recent messages in that thread never arrived (I checked my Spam folder).

My Notification Settings have all checkmarks disabled. "Method to use for content I follow automatically" is set to "A notification when new content is posted". I have browser notifications disabled.

What am I doing wrong?

(I did get notification emails for various topics shortly after the forum update - e.g. a lot of mails for Encyclopaedia helpers, which had switched to immediate notifications. So it appears as though the forum ought to be able to send me mails.)

How can I link to my wishlist in my signature now with the new forum update?

My wishlist can be found in the https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/137455-the-complete-your-scroll-wish-list-thread/?page=48 thread in Site Discussion. My signature used to link to the post number that my wishlist was on, but now my signature wishlist link seems to take you to the post you're currently on?

Thanks!