Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

7 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

EDIT: Also- the option buttons up top are not bbcode. I dunno what they are, but they aren't BBCode, so you have to write in manually, no code button.

Do have something better to call those buttons than code buttons? They provide you coding for your post, hence "code buttons". But if that's confusing, I can refer to them as something else. Perhaps they have an official name I don't know about? =o

Formatting buttons. WYSIWYG editor buttons.

4 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Do have something better to call those buttons than code buttons? They provide you coding for your post, hence "code buttons". But if that's confusing, I can refer to them as something else. Perhaps they have an official name I don't know about? =o

Oh, uh, sorry. I thought you were referring to them like they were like the old ones which put in BBCode, my bad. Too used to old forums.

Why am I getting emails notifying me of every single post in this thread?  I have gotten over fifty emails in the last twenty four hours or so just for this topic.  What is going on?

2 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Why am I getting emails notifying me of every single post in this thread?  I have gotten over fifty emails in the last twenty four hours or so just for this topic.  What is going on?

You must be subscribed to the thread or the section. Someone mentioned that it seems like notification settings are disabled to change for the moment, but I've poked TJ about that. Once he fixes that, go to the bell at the top and choose "Notification Settings" and you can turn off emails there. You should also be able to toggle "Notify me of replies" in this thread when making a post/in the reply box.

Why can't you, Sockmeister, receive messages?

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Why can't you, Sockmeister, receive messages?

I suspect this hasn't been fixed yet:

10 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Some people don't seem to have an inbox limit and some seem to have a 2000 message limit (and some of us are having over-capacity issues, such as myself: currently at 737% capacity and 7k+ messages).

5 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

You must be subscribed to the thread or the section. Someone mentioned that it seems like notification settings are disabled to change for the moment, but I've poked TJ about that. Once he fixes that, go to the bell at the top and choose "Notification Settings" and you can turn off emails there. You should also be able to toggle "Notify me of replies" in this thread when making a post/in the reply box.

I do not mind the occasional email to notify me that there are replies on a thread I commented on, but not an email for every post.  There got to be some happy ground between no notifications and one for every post?

Just now, gabriel said:

I do not mind the occasional email to notify me that there are replies on a thread I commented on, but not an email for every post.  There got to be some happy ground between no notifications and one for every post?

If you go check your notifications as I suggested, you'll see a "receive only one email until I revisit the forum" option. That sounds like an in between?

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Thanks, Ruby Eyes! 

Just wanted to say I'm not ignoring you. I just already replied to you on Discord. =p

18 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

If you go check your notifications as I suggested, you'll see a "receive only one email until I revisit the forum" option. That sounds like an in between?

Thanks I was distracted by dinner when I first read your post, but see it now.  I used that fix, thanks!

Just now, gabriel said:

Thanks I was distracted by dinner when I first read your post, but see it now.  I used that fix, thanks!

Hopefully that ends up being a good enough in between for you!

Do the dragon names have to be unique still?  I have over three thousand dragons without names.

1 minute ago, gabriel said:

Do the dragon names have to be unique still?  I have over three thousand dragons without names.

Yes.

Just now, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Yes.

Hmmm drat.   I could start my Camp NaNoWriMo project or start naming all the dragons?

Is there a way NOT to get the pop-up box when the page is open, saying "5 people have replied. See messages?" I'd rather refresh when I'm good and ready....

I feel incredibly stupid for asking this, but how do you get Moonstone Dragons? Is it based on the time of day?

18 minutes ago, Wintermute said:

I feel incredibly s****d for asking this, but how do you get Moonstone Dragons? Is it based on the time of day?

Nope. You can get them any time of day from the desert. Like the "strange markings" eggs, it's chance if you get what you want (moonstone) vs the other option (sunstone) while hunting. It's not tied to time of day. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

Is there a way NOT to get the pop-up box when the page is open, saying "5 people have replied. See messages?" I'd rather refresh when I'm good and ready....

Try Notification Settings --> Method to use for content I follow automatically --> Do not send me notifications.

edit: wait -- i think that is for the wrong thing. not sure then... m'bad.

Edited by Dew

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

I think it's just a part of the new forums. I suspected it might happen, as it's a feature on another forum (where I can't even reply until I've read all the new messages). Never seen a way to disable it over here, and I don't see a way for it to be disabled over here. I think it's something you'll have to get used to. I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of this either - I refresh around enough on the forums that it just becomes redundant - but at least these forums are less active than the other forums I'm on, so it'll mostly just be an annoyance in new release threads. xP

Darn. It REALLY is annoying me :( I wish TJ had upgraded when we didn't have to go QUITE this far (I liked having the option of variably shaped avvies, too.. Mine looks silly circular.)

But has anyone found out how we can see BBcoding when editing. We shouldn't have to delete a whole post and repost it just to get away from a coding error that we can't SEE once we go to edit.

Are we getting our notepad back? I had my IOU's in there. e.e