Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, tishavara said:

Are we getting our notepad back? I had my IOU's in there. e.e

That's been asked in News; we haven't received an answer yet. ^^;;

Did you also ask about the visible please BBcode ? Last time I looked at the news thread it was mods only...

9 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Did you also ask about the visible please BBcode ? Last time I looked at the news thread it was mods only...

It's also open to user posts, now.

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

I wish TJ had upgraded when we didn't have to go QUITE this far (I liked having the option of variably shaped avvies, too.. Mine looks silly circular.)

The avis are square in the dragon cave default. 

11 minutes ago, pollyfirstfirst said:

What is the current PM capacity limit?

I got so lost on the PM page, hahaha.

I know the answer to this \o/ 
The limit is 300 messages. However, I noticed that all of my old PMs from the last three years (long since deleted) came back into existence. Took a little bit to delete them all again. I don't know if others are experiencing this but don't be alarmed with your percentage shows up as over 100%.

4 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Is there a way NOT to get the pop-up box when the page is open, saying "5 people have replied. See messages?" I'd rather refresh when I'm good and ready....

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I think it's just a part of the new forums. I suspected it might happen, as it's a feature on another forum (where I can't even reply until I've read all the new messages). Never seen a way to disable it over here, and I don't see a way for it to be disabled over here. I think it's something you'll have to get used to. I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of this either - I refresh around enough on the forums that it just becomes redundant - but at least these forums are less active than the other forums I'm on, so it'll mostly just be an annoyance in new release threads. xP

Chrome asked me if I wanted those pop ups when I first opened the forums, maybe if you use Chrome you can get it to block them for you?

2 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Chrome asked me if I wanted those pop ups when I first opened the forums, maybe if you use Chrome you can get it to block them for you?

I think that was different. Chrome asked me about blocking notifications, but those are notifications that'll pop up when you have the forum closed.

By enabling desktop notifications, we'll be able to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window.

I have them blocked on Chrome and I'm still seeing the "x new messages" whenever I browse topics.

34 minutes ago, pollyfirstfirst said:

What is the current PM capacity limit?

I got so lost on the PM page, hahaha.

Not currently sure. Some people are seeing a limit and some aren't. I think we'll have to wait for PMs to finish processing or for TJ to answer us.

2 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Firefox also asked me if the new forum could send me notifications, and I said no. I think that might be for something else. Have you been browsing a thread while someone has made a new post, yet? Maybe it's just by chance that you haven't gotten a pop-up?

Oh, I told Chrome I was ok with the popups, and I like them, I just didn't know what would happen if you said no. Oh well.

When I'm trying to edit my signature, it says "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for..." and this for all the images in my signature. All I did was add spacing between them (so they're not in straight line like they are now). Do I just have to add the images again or..?

1 minute ago, HeDy said:

When I'm trying to edit my signature, it says "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for..." and this for all the images in my signature. All I did was add spacing between them (so they're not in straight line like they are now). Do I just have to add the images again or..?

People's signatures might still be processing or it might be a result of lingering slowness due to other things processing still. I would give it another day or so to try again before giving up and starting over. ^^

1 minute ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

People's signatures might still be processing or it might be a result of lingering slowness due to other things processing still. I would give it another day or so to try again before giving up and starting over. ^^

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing as well. I was worried that it was being caused by the Photobucket debacle, but I uploaded the images to imgur and had the same thing happen. Hopefully it's not too complex of a fix. 

edit: whoops, page wrap. I'm refering to the various notifications this forum gives:

The browser notifications work even if you're in another window or even another virtual desktop - which is why I deactivated this the moment I noticed it, can't have this at work XD These would show up in the bottom right corner of the screen for me.

Additionally, there is a black box at the bottom of the browser window when browsing threads that pops up whenever new posts are there from *after* you last refreshed the page, and offers to load the missing posts - but it's only in that browser tab and does not show up elsewhere. As far as I can tell, it's not possible to switch *this* off.

Why does the forum cut by 35 x 35 pixel avatar into a 31 x 31 pixel avatar only to stretch it to something bigger afterwards?!

43 x 43 gets cut to 38 x 38 pixels. Makes no sense whatsoever. I can only assume something is wrong with that "crop" popup after uploading the image itself, which I never touch.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Could someone send me a PM please.

I had to redo all my subscribed threads etc., because it suddenly started spamming me with emails and I want to make sure that it will still notify me if I get a PM.

1 minute ago, Charity322 said:

Could someone send me a PM please.

I had to redo all my subscribed threads etc., because it suddenly started spamming me with emails and I want to make sure that it will still notify me if I get a PM.

In your notification settings, you can set it so that you only get one email until you revisit the forum. That might help cut down the email spam. (You can also toggle other email settings and such there.) You can get there through your account settings or by clicking the notifications at the top right by your inbox. ^^

Erghhh, the new PM system is... blech.

> Is there a way to see PMs individually instead of as 'conversations?' I'm guessing not... >___<

> Or to expand the list of PMs rather than have it be a tiny little column? 

> OR, the only one I have any real hope for, to set it to show most RECENT replies at the start of a conversation instead of oldest?

Do signatures not show up on mobile? They seem to have shown up in the profiles, and I have it set to "show signatures" in my settings.

I miss seeing everyone's pretty Sig's :(

I took a look. I see signatures on desktop but not on mobile. Probably to help with the 'mobile friendly' factor. You should still be able to see signatures on mobile if you go to the member's profile page.

51 minutes ago, Narvix said:

I took a look. I see signatures on desktop but not on mobile. Probably to help with the 'mobile friendly' factor. You should still be able to see signatures on mobile if you go to the member's profile page.

Thanks for checking! I actually haven't been able to look at a desktop since the forums came back.

Shucks, though, about the sigs on mobile. 

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Erghhh, the new PM system is... blech.

> Is there a way to see PMs individually instead of as 'conversations?' I'm guessing not... >___<

> Or to expand the list of PMs rather than have it be a tiny little column? 

> OR, the only one I have any real hope for, to set it to show most RECENT replies at the start of a conversation instead of oldest?

No. YEARS ago when TJ was asking us all about upgrades I recall pointing out that we would have to switch to conversations. VILE, aren't they !

Edited by fuzzbucket