Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is there a way to disable the "quick reply" feature? (I think that's what it is? I never used it, but I think it was an option in the board settings in the old software. I mean the reply box that appears at the bottom of the page rather than loading a new page with the posts in reverse order. I especially miss the preview button that reloaded the page so I could see the posts that were added while I was typing my reply.)

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

So, new progeny pages.

How are mates arranged/listed? I know it used to be by code, but now it's all mixed up.

I liked the progeny before the forums went down. I hate the way it's displayed now and would much rather avoided it like the plague :(

I see that the news thread mutters something about "lingering slowness", but is that really supposed to be more than two minute pageload times? I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to use the forum right now - it's taken me approximately twenty minutes just to log in, read the news thread and post this.

Edit: Okay, it seems to work now, for a steady amount of time. I hope that's the last I saw of that kind of lag.

Edited by pinkgothic

9 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Can we still use BBCode? (Yes, this is probsbly a dumb question, but I wanna be clear...)

Yes, we can. The only thing I found not to be working anymore is html colour names like these: https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp
The new forum translates the colour names it knows into hex codes - but it doesn't know them all, so plenty of text that was colourized before is not anymore, it's plain black.

Edit: Nevermind! We can finally post on the topic now.

Edited by shortaxel

Incognito login doesn't seem to work, I picked the option but see myself listed in the active users still. 

Is the anonymous option still a work in progress? I've been checking the box but I can still see my name in the recently browsing box under threads.

I am also getting notifications on posts that I didn't check the "notify me of replies" option on, so I'm guessing there are still a few kinks in the system.

3 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Incognito login doesn't seem to work, I picked the option but see myself listed in the active users still. 

You see yourself there, but nobody else.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Cool thanks. I would prefer not to see myself at all because it makes me think I've forgotten to go anon, but I'll adjust.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If so, that's deceptive as snot. So far I despise everything about this transition. 

This is really stupid, but how do you delete posts on the forum? I accidentally double posted earlier due to slow loading times and the only option available at the time was to hide my post.

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

This is really stupid, but how do you delete posts on the forum? I accidentally double posted earlier due to slow loading times and the only option available at the time was to hide my post.

The only way I can see right now is if you report it. There is no real way to delete posts atm

1 minute ago, Dalek Raptor said:

The only way I can see right now is if you report it. There is no real way to delete posts atm

Oh. Thanks. I hope it gets fixed.

Why do I HAVE to be notified if someone comments on my profile ? I do not wish to know :(

And how can I set it so that I ONLY get EMAIL notification of new posts in threads I follow. I HATE these ickle poppy up things, which seem to tell me about every damn thread someone has posted in. I ONLY want to be told about THREE threads and NO by little boxes..

Oh - ALSO, and more importantly - how can we see BBCode when editing ? I posted and the whole post ended up as a huge url - clearly a coding error on my part,  but I could find no way to see the BB coding and had to delete the whole thing and copy paste via Word.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I hope more themes becomes available after the update transition is complete. All this brightness is killing my eyes. There's a reason why I invert the page and text on fanfiction. 

I'm using a nice dainty blue one.

6 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I'm using a nice dainty blue one.

How do you do that? I can't figure it out. xD

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

How do you do that? I can't figure it out. xD

At the bottom of each page, there's a thing called 'Themes' where you can click Default

7 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

At the bottom of each page, there's a thing called 'Themes' where you can click Default

Ahh~ Thank you. I thought it was in the settings. 

6 hours ago, Toyo said:

First of all, thank you TJ!

When I pull down the forum menu (top right) I keep clicking on the ad instead of the menu item. Maybe this isn't something that can be changed, but is there any way to make the menu links cover the entire area, instead of letting the ad link through the menu color?

I hope this made sense, I don't really have the vocabulary to describe things properly.

I'm answering my own question, in case anyone else has big dumb clumsy fingers like me. (Though maybe it's only me.)

On mobile, the default (blue) skin doesn't seem to have a huge ad at the top, therefore preventing me from touching it by accident over and over. 

The News thread is open now! Please take your reports about the new forums there. ^^

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Where's the old "Notes" in one's own profile? I'm not talking about the publicly visible "Interests", I mean the input thing in the user dashboard or whatever you'd call it.

Also, how does one delete their own post?

Not sure about notes. I've asked TJ, but these might be gone. (Darn, I had stuff in there, too!)

For me, delete is under "Options" but from recent posts, it sounds like you guys only have the hide option? This might be to help moderators, but I'm not positive.

6 hours ago, Shajana said:

First of all thank you TJ!

My big problem is that the Forum is amazing slow, I need 2+ minutes to load a Topic and I get Errors when I try to go into my account settings or view a Profile.

Yes, if you check the News thread, you'll see TJ warned us about that. ^^ It seems much faster now, though!

5 hours ago, CellyBean said:

when i tried to go to my profile to check on my iou list i received an error code from the forums

Yes, I reported that in the News thread. I think it might have been a lingering issue while upgrades were slowing the forum down, and the load was just too much for the forum to handle. If you run into the issue while loading is quicker, let us know!

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Is there a way to disable the "quick reply" feature? (I think that's what it is? I never used it, but I think it was an option in the board settings in the old software. I mean the reply box that appears at the bottom of the page rather than loading a new page with the posts in reverse order. I especially miss the preview button that reloaded the page so I could see the posts that were added while I was typing my reply.)

I think that's the regular reply for these new forums. There's no way to disable it because then you wouldn't be able to reply to anything. =o

1 hour ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Can we still use BBCode? (Yes, this is probsbly a dumb question, but I wanna be clear...)

Yup. It'll automatically update once you submit, though, so if you go back and edit, you might just wanna use keyboard shortcuts (like command+b on Mac bolds text) or the code buttons up top.

49 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

For me, delete is under "Options" but from recent posts, it sounds like you guys only have the hide option? This might be to help moderators, but I'm not positive.

28 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Why do I HAVE to be notified if someone comments on my profile ? I do not wish to know :(

And how can I set it so that I ONLY get EMAIL notification of new posts in threads I follow. I HATE these ickle poppy up things, which seem to tell me about every damn thread someone has posted in. I ONLY want to be told about THREE threads and NO by little boxes..

Oh - ALSO, and more importantly - how can we see BBCode when editing ? I posted and the whole post ended up as a huge url - clearly a coding error on my part,  but I could find no way to see the BB coding and had to delete the whole thing and copy paste via Word.

It looks like user's editing their notification settings was accidentally disabled. Once the ability to edit is re-returned, you can do that in Notification Settings under Your Account.

I asked about source formatting already in News, but if you highlight what needs fixing, then select the correct code button at the top of the reply box, you should be able to fix it that way. ;3

I'm one of the people who sees only hide and no delete.

EDIT: Also- the option buttons up top are not bbcode. I dunno what they are, but they aren't BBCode, so you have to write in manually, no code button.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

I think Sock means that those buttons do the formatting, like italics and such. The code they generate just doesn't get visible - yet, I hope.