Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

How can I link to my wishlist in my signature now with the new forum update?

My wishlist can be found in the https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/137455-the-complete-your-scroll-wish-list-thread/?page=48 thread in Site Discussion. My signature used to link to the post number that my wishlist was on, but now my signature wishlist link seems to take you to the post you're currently on?

Thanks!

I'm really not sure why your sig link is doing that - although it does seem to be leading me back to TLQ o_O - but have you tried updating with your post link? https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/137455-the-complete-your-scroll-wish-list-thread/?page=48#comment-9458746  If you double click the image while editing, it should give you info to update, such as the size and link.

8 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I'm really not sure why your sig link is doing that - although it does seem to be leading me back to TLQ o_O - but have you tried updating with your post link? https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/137455-the-complete-your-scroll-wish-list-thread/?page=48#comment-9458746  If you double click the image while editing, it should give you info to update, such as the size and link.

Thank you! That seems to have solved it.

im waiting to change my username until folks get used to my new profile pic. i would also like to change my scroll name along with my username. question, after i change my username will someone else be able to claim the username "CellyBean"?

Have we lost the ability to search for members with this upgrade?  It was very handy when looking for someone to send  PM etc.  I've looked and can't find it anywhere

3 minutes ago, ainisarie said:

Have we lost the ability to search for members with this upgrade?  It was very handy when looking for someone to send  PM etc.  I've looked and can't find it anywhere

Top right corner is the search entry field. If you click into it, it expands to the left and lets you select "Members" to search a member with the search term.

^^^ Just want to add that search is apparently still processing, so there may be some bumps when you try to search rn!

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Top right corner is the search entry field. If you click into it, it expands to the left and lets you select "Members" to search a member with the search term.

Thanks, Ruby Eyes.  And Sock I would swear it did not work for me yesterday.  It just stayed blank.  Today it works.

1 hour ago, CellyBean said:

im waiting to change my username until folks get used to my new profile pic. i would also like to change my scroll name along with my username. question, after i change my username will someone else be able to claim the username "CellyBean"?

I'm not sure there's enough active users looking to switch names with each other for us to be able to test this. =x I found an answer for another forum software, but nothing for invision. I feel like that's something that would be in their help pages, but I can't seem to find those on the new forums (which means that some things may need re-added to the FAQ). *sigh*

2 minutes ago, pollyfirstfirst said:

Is there any way to delete posts anymore?

Only mods can delete posts now. However, you can hide your posts (under options) and that will completely hide it from other users.

So, is there going to be an option to view other people's display name history? I mean, at the moment we can only view our own. I just wanted to ask since it'd be very confusing if someone kept changing their name every 30 days.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I do agree it's not the best method. If you have no current warnings, nothing should show up. That makes the most sense.

The weird thing is, I got a warn recently--but the warn listed in my profile isn't that warn, it's one from years and years ago? Will it still go away when the new one does? I'm guessing so but it's very... strange.

My own question: why doesn't the "about me" section show on my profile? I moved my IOU info from "interests" to there both so 1) I could see it in more than a tiny little window at once while editing it and 2) so I could use formatting... but nothing's showing up? Shouldn't an about me section be, uh, visible?

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

The weird thing is, I got a warn recently--but the warn listed in my profile isn't that warn, it's one from years and years ago? Will it still go away when the new one does? I'm guessing so but it's very... strange.

My own question: why doesn't the "about me" section show on my profile? I moved my IOU info from "interests" to there both so 1) I could see it in more than a tiny little window at once while editing it and 2) so I could use formatting... but nothing's showing up? Shouldn't an about me section be, uh, visible?

I asked about the about me in the news thread and got no reply. Hopefully, TJ will look into it.

Also, would it be okay to start a thread for people to share their username changes (if they want to)? Many people are changing their usernames now and it's hard to keep track, especially if you aren't familiar with who they were before the change. 

Right now, the 'About Me' section in everyone's profile is not viewable to the public, as far as I'm aware. It's at least editable but I don't know if the permissions have been made yet to allow visibility.

Sigs seem to have a limit of 10 images now, is that intentional or just a default setting that didn't get changed

How do you change the size of text in your signature, it's way too big now

Edited by Chaos Rider

7 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

How do you change the size of text in your signature, it's way too big now

The "size" button in the formatting bar is probably easier than trying to guess sizes to code. You can edit your signature in your Account Settings. ^^

Well there was no size button, but then I made the chrome window wider horizontally and it suddenly appeared. Even though there was plenty of space for it at the width it was previously

The Encyclopedia told me to raise 3 adult spirit wards to unlock the images, but they're still not showing even after I've raised all three. All of my SWs grew up years after the Encyclopedia update, and the Adults Raised counter is showing up correctly. What should I do? :0

3 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

The Encyclopedia told me to raise 3 adult spirit wards to unlock the images, but they're still not showing even after I've raised all three. All of my SWs grew up years after the Encyclopedia update, and the Adults Raised counter is showing up correctly. What should I do? :0

Did they all grow up at the same time or did they possibly grow up while at different times of glow? I believe each glow stage needs individually unlocked.

You can raise some more or ask for some to click in the Encyclopedias Helper. Might be time consuming either way. xP

Ah, good to know that the About Me thing isn't just on my end. :S Such a weird design choice on Invision's part, to make that invisible by default...

when i went to check on a pm i sent adp it said she left the conversation. what does that mean?

Quick question. How many Pinks should I own so as to never run out of influences? Would 50 of them be enough?

Edited by andromedae
Grammar

4 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

when i went to check on a pm i sent adp it said she left the conversation. what does that mean?

It sounds like they might have deleted it.