Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Also, I just realized that the banner links in my siggie for the Split Lovers and Mentoring are all out of whack. It seems that they link to whatever thread I am posting in at the moment! How does that even happen and how can I fix it when I can't even see the coding for my siggie? :rolleyes:

Your site banners all go where they should, as does the Hope lineage one. The other 3 all show TLQ when I hover, and take me to TLQ when I click.  That is odd. (Just adding in a verification of your glitch, from a viewer perspective)

My problem is anytime I try to go "back" a page using my mouse the forum kicks me out, saying it's under a heavy load and to try again. Every time. A refresh fixes it, but...

I'm interested in creating a suggestions topic, but my current focus is less on proposing a specific solution and more on thinking about the existing problems and brainstorming to create a list of possible alternatives which could then be developed and formally suggested. Would this sort of brainstorming be something that fit in Suggestions or Site Discussion, or would it be better to keep it private until I have a more clear idea of what to propose?

1 hour ago, Dew said:

I'm interested in creating a suggestions topic, but my current focus is less on proposing a specific solution and more on thinking about the existing problems and brainstorming to create a list of possible alternatives which could then be developed and formally suggested. Would this sort of brainstorming be something that fit in Suggestions or Site Discussion, or would it be better to keep it private until I have a more clear idea of what to propose?

Vague/omnibus suggestion threads are impossible to follow. If you want to discuss people opinions about the new forum software, you can do so currently in the news thread, and afterwards I'd say it's fine to start an opinion thread in SD.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:54 PM, pinkgothic said:

I don't seem to be getting subscription notifications ever since I changed my settings in "Manage Followed Content". I have the Daily Dragon Fix topic set to give me immediate notifications, but both of Ruby Eyes' recent messages in that thread never arrived (I checked my Spam folder).

My Notification Settings have all checkmarks disabled. "Method to use for content I follow automatically" is set to "A notification when new content is posted". I have browser notifications disabled.

What am I doing wrong?

(I did get notification emails for various topics shortly after the forum update - e.g. a lot of mails for Encyclopaedia helpers, which had switched to immediate notifications. So it appears as though the forum ought to be able to send me mails.)

For the checkmarks, do you also have "Someone comments on something I follow" notifications disabled? And (I'm not sure what the difference in these options is), what about "New content for things I follow"? Try enabling those and see if it helps?

In the new forum update, is there a way to distinguish in-cave spriters from regular members? I don't see an icon or anything and they have the same "Members" group/rank as everyone else.

Edited by Dew

4 minutes ago, Dew said:

In the new forum update, is there a way to distinguish in-cave spriters from regular members? I don't see an icon or anything and they have the same "Members" group/rank as everyone else.

Not at the moment, but I know that's been pointed out to TJ and asked about. No answer yet that I know of.

4 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

For the checkmarks, do you also have "Someone comments on something I follow" notifications disabled? And (I'm not sure what the difference in these options is), what about "New content for things I follow"? Try enabling those and see if it helps?

Thanks for taking a look at this! You'll laugh hard, I didn't even notice there was more under the [Save] button of the "Notification Settings" page since it exactly fills the screen for me. I only noticed now because I ctrl+f'ed for the keywords you mentioned. (When Chrome changed the way the browser scrollbar looked, quite a while ago, I was all "curses, with this design I am so going to miss it even being there at some point, just you wait". I guess this is that exact use case. XD )

That said, I do have "New content for things I follow" set to "Email". I don't seem to have "Someone comments on something I follow" set to "Email", though, so that's probably it! I... have no idea why that got unset, since I've never been to that part of the page. I must have hit some sort of key combo.

Thanks a lot for your help! I am just going to assume it works now. Perfect advice, A++, would pester again. Seriously, thanks a bunch. <3

I have a question about the dragon encyclopedia.  I recently came back to the game from years before the feature came out, and now it is completely blank for me, even species I have had for years.

Is there a way to fill in the encyclopedia without clicking all 400+ of my dragons?

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Thanks for taking a look at this! You'll laugh hard, I didn't even notice there was more under the [Save] button of the "Notification Settings" page since it exactly fills the screen for me. I only noticed now because I ctrl+f'ed for the keywords you mentioned. (When Chrome changed the way the browser scrollbar looked, quite a while ago, I was all "curses, with this design I am so going to miss it even being there at some point, just you wait". I guess this is that exact use case. XD )

That said, I do have "New content for things I follow" set to "Email". I don't seem to have "Someone comments on something I follow" set to "Email", though, so that's probably it! I... have no idea why that got unset, since I've never been to that part of the page. I must have hit some sort of key combo.

Thanks a lot for your help! I am just going to assume it works now. Perfect advice, A++, would pester again. Seriously, thanks a bunch. <3

XD Well, definitely feel free to pester again if it still doesn't work, LOL. I can't guarantee I can figure out how to get it working, but I'll try!

2 minutes ago, Rave4raptors said:

I have a question about the dragon encyclopedia.  I recently came back to the game from years before the feature came out, and now it is completely blank for me, even species I have had for years.

Is there a way to fill in the encyclopedia without clicking all 400+ of my dragons?

The encyclopedia does not retroactively count anything you owned before it came out. This was purposeful design so old and new users would both have something to do in interacting with the encyclopedia.

You can either click yours and others' dragons or you can just raise more of those dragons to unlock those entries. Barring that, you can ignore the encyclopedia exists. The most that it'll impact you is that you won't be able to search by breed while using fertility, although you will still be able to search by code/name.

Sometimes a pause button/square thing appears on the forum tab on my browser (Chrome). What does it mean? I'll get a screenshot if I see it again. ^^

Edit: You're fast! I think it goes away when I click the tab. Will keep investigating, I guess :)

Edited by Dirtytabs

Just now, Dirtytabs said:

Sometimes a pause button/square thing appears on the forum tab on my browser (Chrome). What does it mean? I'll get a screenshot if I see it again. ^^

It seems to denote that the page is loading or didn't get to finish loading.

I don't have last month's raffle results shown, only the requirements for this month's one. Is this meant to be, 'cause I wonder if I've won?..

11 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

I don't have last month's raffle results shown, only the requirements for this month's one. Is this meant to be, 'cause I wonder if I've won?..

I think you need to check the page within a certain timeframe in order to display last month's results. I didn't win, and the message saying so lasted for a few days before disappearing. You'll also be emailed if you win, so check whatever account you have associated with DC and see if there's anything there.

I just got back from being away for a long time, why did the frill change? Was there no way to keep the old images :( and when did they finally get re-released?

6 minutes ago, Acridic said:

I just got back from being away for a long time, why did the frill change? Was there no way to keep the old images :( and when did they finally get re-released?

They were rereleased two years ago, for DC's 10th birthday. They were given dimorphism and an updated male sprite in order to bring them up to cave standards. The actual release thread is here, but the forum software update ate the image, which can still be found here.

Just now, Dew said:

They were rereleased two years ago, for DC's 10th birthday. They were given dimorphism and an updated male sprite in order to bring them up to cave standards. The actual release thread is here, but the forum software update ate the image, which can still be found here.

Oh neat, I like the old pinks being back. I don't particularly like the updated frill though probably just me being a Taurus though (stubborn as all).

2 hours ago, Snowwall said:

You didn't.  The sorry you didn't win message only lasts a few days.  The "you're a winner, collect your egg here link"  lasts an entire month to give you a chance to pick it up. 

5 hours ago, Acridic said:

I just got back from being away for a long time, why did the frill change?

Because we like to periodically update old/outdated sprites. Since they'd been discontinued and were being re-released, it was good timing to update the sprites a bit. ^^

I have two little questions...

It is possible to view our PM box the way it was before? Or at lest view the name and not only the avatar of who wrote us the PM?

Where can we see now how many messages we have in our PM box and how much space we still have. If I click on "inbox" next to the options icon it says I have 600+ inbox messages and 600+ outbox messages, and this can't be correct

1 minute ago, Iside said:

I have two little questions...

It is possible to view our PM box the way it was before? Or at lest view the name and not only the avatar of who wrote us the PM?

Where can we see now how many messages we have in our PM box and how much space we still have. If I click on "inbox" next to the options icon it says I have 600+ inbox messages and 600+ outbox messages, and this can't be correct

The username is in dark grey under the title (or under the message preview, like was showing up for me before). But no, I doubt invision offered a way to toggle between "inbox" and "messenger". I think we'll have to get used to the update.

PMs are currently unlimited, as old PMs came back in the upgrade. When limits are back, they will be upped. From the News thread, TJ posted:

On 7/3/2017 at 10:29 PM, TJ09 said:

PM capacity is currently unlimited due to the conversion leaving way more messages than people previously had. I will slowly add a cap and reduce it down to about 1000 (5x the original cap). This may not happen until after I get a chance to add "proper" management tools (such as archiving).

13 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Edit: You're fast! I think it goes away when I click the tab. Will keep investigating, I guess :)

I just got this in Firefox. Not something I've seen before. It went away when I clicked the tab, though.

I've been away for a while and trying to catch up on everything...

I have a question about Teleport : what happens if I offer a hatchling in exchange for an egg while I'm egg locked? Does the egg get abandoned?

Same question for trades involving more eggs/hatchlings when one of the scrolls is at the limit.

2 minutes ago, celine.lechat said:

I have a question about Teleport : what happens if I offer a hatchling in exchange for an egg while I'm egg locked? Does the egg get abandoned?

Same question for trades involving more eggs/hatchlings when one of the scrolls is at the limit.

If I'm remembering right, they won't be abandoned, but the trader won't be able to accept the offer.

In such a case, the teleport cannot be accepted - all your things stay on your scroll and the sender's things stay on their scroll. Nothing gets abandoned.