Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Have Nhiostrife wyverns always been stubborn to hatch? I remember them hatching at around mid 350-400 UVs and mine is at about 550 without hatching yet.

2 minutes ago, andromedae said:

Have Nhiostrife wyverns always been stubborn to hatch?

Yes, some of them are very stubborn.

Hey, I have a question: what's the difference between views and clicks? If you view it, don't you have to click on it, so wouldn't they be the same thing?

57 minutes ago, Low-key_Loki said:

Hey, I have a question: what's the difference between views and clicks? If you view it, don't you have to click on it, so wouldn't they be the same thing?

If you load one of the fansites you will give views to all the eggs that show on the page when it loads. You will only give clicks to the eggs that you actually click on to bring up their view page. The terms can be a little confusing.

Can a few users try to send me a test PM? Apparently purplehaze was unable to send me a message, but my messages were just working the other day, and I can't find a reason why anybody would be unable to PM me. D: Would help to know if this is limited to one user or to all users. >.>

13 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Can a few users try to send me a test PM? Apparently purplehaze was unable to send me a message, but my messages were just working the other day, and I can't find a reason why anybody would be unable to PM me. D: Would help to know if this is limited to one user or to all users. >.>

I sent you a test PM, Sock.

26 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I seem to recall the other day a friend PM'd me and I was unable to receive the message, so it might not be just you. However, I had received a message perfectly a few days before. 

I just sent you one because I NEEDED to so I hope you get it...

I just sent you a test message, Sock, and it seems like that one went through. At least I didn't get a message that it didn't.:unsure:

So....... Are our pm buddy lists completely gone or are they going to come back? Have all the forum changes gone through and this is what it is or are some of the pm features going to return?

Maybe I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I can't find a way to delete posts on the forum. Can someone confirm? 

3 minutes ago, Wintermute said:

Maybe I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I can't find a way to delete posts on the forum. Can someone confirm? 

I think you are correct, I coudlnt't delete anything either

32 minutes ago, Wintermute said:

28 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

I think you are correct, I coudlnt't delete anything either

You can only use "Options" => "Hide"

Deleting is reserved for mods now.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You can only use "Options" => "Hide"

Deleting is reserved for mods now.

Thanks. :)

On 7/9/2017 at 4:10 PM, Mathcat said:

I just got this in Firefox. Not something I've seen before. It went away when I clicked the tab, though.

Ah, got a screenshot.

2017-07-10_9-45-34.jpg.4389eb8585dced5db4d426b325341ef8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ah, got a screenshot.

I see that sometimes when the reply is loading. I'm on Chrome.

Edited by Lagie

33 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ah, got a screenshot.

I see that as well a lot of the time. I use Chrome.

57 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ah, got a screenshot.

I'm not sure if there was a problem or issue with my previous answer? If there is, please let me know, and I can work on finding a better answer for you. 

19 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I'm not sure if there was a problem or issue with my previous answer? If there is, please let me know, and I can work on finding a better answer for you. 

Ah, I thought from the phrasing that you were guessing. I assumed a not-fully-loaded page would have the usual "spinning" loading graphic instead of this one.

Also, I promised to no one in particular that I'd get a screenshot when I spotted the thing again. :) 

Could someone explain to me how to format quotes on the new system? What I want to be able to do is have a quote that says whom the quote's from in the top line without actually having quoted a post, something you used to be able to do like this:

[quote=Person][/quote]

But that doesn't seem to work anymore, it just says "Quote" at the top without the name.

1 hour ago, Alectrona said:

Could someone explain to me how to format quotes on the new system? What I want to be able to do is have a quote that says whom the quote's from in the top line without actually having quoted a post, something you used to be able to do like this:

[quote=Person][/quote]

But that doesn't seem to work anymore, it just says "Quote" at the top without the name.

And related to this, is there a way to see the coding that goes into each post? Not the html, I know how to get that. I mean the bb code. 

Edited by evangeline5432

17 minutes ago, evangeline5432 said:

is there a way to see the coding that goes into each post? Not the html, I know how to get that. I mean the bb code. 

Nope. TJ confirmed here that, while the editor can accept BBC when someone inputs it manually, it really just generates HTML when formatting posts.

1 hour ago, Alectrona said:

Could someone explain to me how to format quotes on the new system?

You already got an answer about the formatting, but in case you didn't know: if you only want to quote a small part of the post, you can simply highlight that section. A small button called "Quote this" will pop up and you can use that. Using "Quote this", or the Quote button in the top right corner of posts, will send the person you're quoting a notification.

6 minutes ago, Dew said:

Nope. TJ confirmed here that, while the editor can accept BBC when someone inputs it manually, it really just generates HTML when formatting posts.

Weeellllll, does that mean I can write my posts in html? OuO Now that could be a tedious prospect. Perhaps possibly fun. I see that I can't do simple <p></p> actions. 

Basically, the forums are now doing all the work for you. 

6 hours ago, Dew said:

You already got an answer about the formatting, but in case you didn't know: if you only want to quote a small part of the post, you can simply highlight that section. A small button called "Quote this" will pop up and you can use that. Using "Quote this", or the Quote button in the top right corner of posts, will send the person you're quoting a notification.

Thanks for replying, but I think I worded my question badly: what I'm asking is whether there's still a way to create a quote yourself that includes a name, for instance if I'm quoting something from the wiki. Obviously I could just write "Quoted from the wiki" above it, but the other way feels neater.

(Also, I don't see an answer about the formatting? Am I just being blind?)

15 hours ago, Alectrona said:

[quote=Person][/quote]

I have NO idea. I was really hoping someone else would have the answer for you so I could learn, too. >.>

I've tried searching through invision answers but no one seems to care and no one but us seems to be asking. I tried several things (using quotations for names, for example) but nothing works. The only way I've figured out to do it is to have to use the quote button, which means no more copy'pasta'ing a section of text from another thread and then coming to the thread I actually wanna post in and coding the quote myself to avoid creating an extraneous post I'm not going to make. <.<

Hopefully there is still a way that we just haven't realized yet. It's really annoying that we can't just double click at the top and edit it or something. =|