Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I asked TJ about the avatar gallery, but that'd probably also be a good question for the News thread.

Second question sounds like it might be a good question for the EDS fansite thread. I'm not sure which banner you're talking about or if you're having trouble seeing the image or finding the code. ^^;; If the image won't load for you, then that might be a problem with the image itself or potentially with your browser/addons. If you can see the image but not the coding, you can always right click the image, copy image location, and then put it in image tags: [ img ] url [ /img ] without the spaces.

Bleh, maybe I shoulda been more clear on the second one. I was trying to edit my signature to space it out, it got all scrunched together in the move. I tried to just space, everything pretty much just broke. I tried to add it back but after I put the name in to get it to generate on the site, it gave me all the stats but no link to the coding to post it at all. It just cut off at the end. So I was wondering if anyone had the coding so I could just modify it myself to repost to my signature.

How do we post in that News thread? I don't see any reply option there.

edit: Thanks, Sock! :)

Another question for that thread would be, if the post editor has a source code view that needs being switched on by admin?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Can we change the forum skin? And get back the one we had before?

4 minutes ago, Iside said:

Can we change the forum skin? And get back the one we had before?

Bottom center of any forum page, but right now the only skin options are the updated DC skin and an invision default. I am not sure of TJ's plans to re-implement any other skins, but I do know he is aware of user's thoughts on this. ^^

3 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Bottom center of any forum page, but right now the only skin options are the updated DC skin and an invision default. I am not sure of TJ's plans to re-implement any other skins, but I do know he is aware of user's thoughts on this. ^^

Thank you! I was looking for it in my profile settings.

First of all, I think TJ deserves a huge Thank you! for choosing to give up a chunk of his holiday weekend for this massive upgrade project. I know I really appreciate it.

He's aware! It may take a little bit of working to fix that, as the way the updated invision handles permission masks is different than our older version.

Most everything else seems to be working ok, if slowly. He did say it would likely be slow for awhile. However, what Socky posted about forum skins? I have no option of any kind in the center bottom of any page to change skins. I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. I'm on current version of Firefox.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
I think replying via edit is better. ^^;;

Since I can't post on the news thread, I'll suppose this will have to do. But thank you TJ! Everyone's excited about the new changes. Everyone in the Discord is saying that the sight is slow, then fast, then slow again. I suspect that it's still transferring data?

Also, the calender got a massive upgrade as well, we're now able to see everyone's birthday.

how to i get to specific messages in my inbox? i want to send an olive to zeditha but when i type in "zeditha" in the search box for searching messages nothing shows up

So, this is got asked but how to change your Display Name:

Account Settings-->Setting Display-->Display Name to clear up any confusion 

First of all, thank you TJ!

When I pull down the forum menu (top right) I keep clicking on the ad instead of the menu item. Maybe this isn't something that can be changed, but is there any way to make the menu links cover the entire area, instead of letting the ad link through the menu color?

I hope this made sense, I don't really have the vocabulary to describe things properly.

1 hour ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

Most everything else seems to be working ok, if slowly. He did say it would likely be slow for awhile. However, what Socky posted about forum skins? I have no option of any kind in the center bottom of any page to change skins. I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. I'm on current version of Firefox.

I had a bit of trouble finding it, too. It is under the white portion of the forum page, in the part with the DC background. You will see "Theme" with a dropdown arrow beside it.

Where's the old "Notes" in one's own profile? I'm not talking about the publicly visible "Interests", I mean the input thing in the user dashboard or whatever you'd call it.

Also, how does one delete their own post?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

First of all thank you TJ!

My big problem is that the Forum is amazing slow, I need 2+ minutes to load a Topic and I get Errors when I try to go into my account settings or view a Profile.

I currently can't log in on multiple devices at once on the forum, I hope that's fixeable because I used to bounce between my phone and laptop a lot for these forums.

When I get a notification from a thread, it seems to take me to the first page instead of the post I am being notified of. is this a bug - does it need a thread ? or will it just do that for the first visit since the upgrade, kinda ?

I just discovered the forum update and I have a big problem: aside the fact the forums are really slow to upload, I can't find my PM! I wanted to deliver 3 hatchlings I owe but I can't find the PM area.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

The envelope. Top right :)

So Mobile Quoting is broken atm so please ignore my last post.

Also, is there a way to block get notifications with PMs? 

So, new progeny pages.

How are mates arranged/listed? I know it used to be by code, but now it's all mixed up.

when i tried to go to my profile to check on my iou list i received an error code from the forums

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Where's the old "Notes" in one's own profile? I'm not talking about the publicly visible "Interests", I mean the input thing in the user dashboard or whatever you'd call it.

I was also wondering the same thing.

Does anybody know please?

9 minutes ago, Toyo said:

So, new progeny pages.

How are mates arranged/listed? I know it used to be by code, but now it's all mixed up.

Annoyingly, by egg laid date, it seems. That's annoying because I specifically traded for codes to keep mates of certain breeds together in the listing.

32 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Annoyingly, by egg laid date, it seems. That's annoying because I specifically traded for codes to keep mates of certain breeds together in the listing.

Oh my goodness. And I tried so hard to keep Mr Darcy at the top of Miss Elizabeth's progeny list ... sigh. 

11 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Oh my goodness. And I tried so hard to keep Mr Darcy at the top of Miss Elizabeth's progeny list ... sigh. 

I'm somewhat relieved to be not the only one with that kind of obsession :D