TJ09

2015-02-01 - Raffle Update

Meet Fr0zN!

Please don't quote me on the name yet, as it is subject to change! smile.gif

First thing I thought of when reading the code was "Do you wanna build a snowman?" ^^; *is brick'd*

Oh yeah definitely but what I meant was is when a lung is usually depicted (at least ones I've seen) the antlers are almost always done up in a gilded gold as I believe (and I could be wrong) that red and gold are the typical celebration colours. When I think antlers, I think of deer and moose with velvet, lots of blood and gore from the rut and shedding.

Not something we'd typically associate with the elegance or see depicted on a dragon such as a lung xd.png They're always shown in their prime.

I can see them on the shimmers, quite shocked I never noticed them before. Seriously I'm still kinda staring lol I'm just not sure how I missed it on one of my favorite dragons wink.gif

EDIT:

And lemme just add an ugh that Mireu has not gendered yet... I need to know if she's gonna be a girl or not...

*grumbles in a corner*

Well, to be fair the velvet is only there while the antlers grow, and they shouldn't bleed once the velvet is gone. But I think your right in that it doesn't convey elegance to show them tatty and bloody tongue.gif

Edit: Yes! GENDER ALREADY JAMES mad.gif

I have no where near enough views to achieve that

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Fairy finally hatched tongue.gif Now she needs to gender so I can stop freaking out.

ugghh after all the influence fails I have read about, I really want mine to gender as fast as it can so I can stop worrying lol

So... then we haven't seen any gender fails regarding the prizes yet? Or did I miss something? =P

Not like I'm looking forward to an influence fail. tongue.gif That would be annoying.

Edited by Kira-san

When should they gender?

I think it's a combo of time and gender. I think most dragons don't gender until a bit before 5 days, but because we can view bomb the CB prizes people can get them to gender before they even hit 6 days

When should they gender?

When they get enough views, which sounds like a non answer but is the most honest I can give.

*starts dejectedly poking the first post*

Sometime before Valentines please...

...Can I at least know if I'm even in the pool...?

...Or at the absolute least stop being taunted by CB metals in the biomes I can never actually get?! Seriously, that's two today.

...Ugh.

Also, these CB Prizes have got to be the fastest growing dragons I've ever seen. xd.png

My friend is asking for help viewbombing Yslari.. If you wanna help us, please, do so! *pats Yslari on the head gently*

TBH, I think he is impatient and wants to know if Yslari will behave and be a male. smile.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

They've always really stood out to me! The hatchling sprites (especially the stage 1 sprite) struck me as being very much like a salamander, so the antlers on the adult were a big surprise.

Am I the only one who thought that the stage 1 Shimmer hatchies looked like shimmery firecrackers te first time I saw them?

Silvis lair has a lot of CB prizes that haven't had any views (eggs in the ER), I think it's interesting to find them

Well, to be fair the velvet is only there while the antlers grow, and they shouldn't bleed once the velvet is gone. But I think your right in that it doesn't convey elegance to show them tatty and bloody tongue.gif

Edit: Yes! GENDER ALREADY JAMES  mad.gif

I have no where near enough views to achieve that

Haha yeah see I happen to be a biology nerd so when I think antlers the first thing that comes to mind is the constant growth and shedding of the antlers on an annual basis. (Granted it's a dragon so they don't work the same that's just what comes to mind)

Personally in my opinion if I thought of them as "horn" like a ram's horns they're permanent, grown from birth etc etc (I know they're antlers but still I haven't met a deer that doesn't shed them. I'm just weird in my thinking lol)

And I sympathise on the views. I keep staring at Mireu just hoping my stare will grow her into the next phase xd.png

Some codes that I would want (IF I ever won the raffle, which is never)

would be: (I checked; all of them are available.)

*cAsE sEnSiTiVe*

Swift

Nptne

OSnap

Oasis hatched! My little shimmering serpent wub.gif And I didn't break down and influence him/her, so soon I'll know whether I have a desert prince or a desert princess...

Edit: Also, all your custom badges are fantastic! I'll have to try to make something suitably nice...

Edited by arula

Oasis hatched! My little shimmering serpent wub.gif And I didn't break down and influence him/her, so soon I'll know whether I have a desert prince or a desert princess...

Nice! Oasis is an epic code... and such a CUTE little hatchie!

Some codes that I would want (IF I ever won the raffle, which is never)

would be: (I checked; all of them are available.)

*cAsE sEnSiTiVe*

Swift

Nptne

OSnap

I'm doing this by pure guessing but "Nptne" is "Neptune"? ^u^; Those are some pretty nice codes! Nothing I'd choose, but I guess that's how everyone differs from each other, amirite? X3

When should they gender?

I'm pretty sure they gender at the same time/rate as non-cb prizes. I know prizes tend to take a few thousand-ish more views than regular eggs/hatchies, so you may need to add them to an extra click site or two to regulate that.

But it should be around the low-5D-ish area? Or close to that. It can depend case to case & some prizes I've hatched can take till the low 4D mark to gender. Just have to be patient with it.

Edited by ƒrozen

Haha yeah see I happen to be a biology nerd so when I think antlers the first thing that comes to mind is the constant growth and shedding of the antlers on an annual basis. (Granted it's a dragon so they don't work the same that's just what comes to mind)

Personally in my opinion if I thought of them as "horn" like a ram's horns they're permanent, grown from birth etc etc (I know they're antlers but still I haven't met a deer that doesn't shed them. I'm just weird in my thinking lol)

And I sympathise on the views. I keep staring at Mireu just hoping my stare will grow her into the next phase xd.png

Oh, I was thinking of annual shedding too. Though I admit that I don't actually know how long the mature antlers last for...And well, I know more about the growth and removal for velvet than the rut itself /feels bad about this. And I actually agree I think of most of the dragons as having permanent horns more than antlers. Heartseekers and Solstices I think of as shedding, but not the others (I apologise to everyone if this against canon).

I'm hoping my brother can get James a few more views. I want him up over 2000 (that's not too lofty a goal really) but not looking too hopeful thus far tongue.gif

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

I'm pretty sure they gender at the same time/rate as non-cb prizes. I know prizes tend to take a few thousand-ish more views than regular eggs/hatchies, so you may need to add them to an extra click site or two to regulate that.

But it should be around the low-5D-ish area? Or close to that. It can depend case to case & some prizes I've hatched can take till the low 4D mark to gender. Just have to be patient with it.

Yeah, I have noticed with my NonCB Shimmers, they tend to take a bit longer to gender than many of my other dragons.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true for the CBs as well.

ALSO.. Prince Xanthius, LOVING the click thing you got for your siggie for James.

Edited by Silverswift

At least 2 of them have gendered at the 6 day mark, so it's not a time thing. While it's probably the same amount of views as the non-CB ones, since the CB ones can be viewbombed without fear they get those views very quickly.

I'm hoping my brother can get James a few more view. I want him up over 2000 (that's not too lofty a goal really) but not looking to hopeful thus far tongue.gif

255 clicks is quite a lot too, though blink.gif

What's the record for most clicks, anyway? Someone trying to break it? tongue.gif

Edited by Niyaka