Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I've seen a lot of mid gen tinsels/ shimmers from past years popping up lately (particularly tins from the original lines) how much are these worth? I was under the impression they were fairly useless at this point...

4Gs are in the realm of a CB copper I think? I've not traded for higher gens but I gift/AP the 5+Gs I breed even now I don't often have time to catch CB rares.

Might be there's some value but if so no one's told me tongue.gif The trades I look at for 5+Gs and think 'yeah, someone'll probably trade them that' are usually same-gen swaps.

What's the value of a 3G PB alt. Undine? (With alt. parents too).

I'm trying to trade one, but I have no idea what's its value .-.

Is a 2gen Almandine/RoseBud worth anything?

That's really going to depend on whether someone who needs that pairing sees your trade or not. I would suggest posting it both in the forum and on DragonMarket to maximize exposure. Make sure to put what the exact combination is. I know there are already a lot of trade threads, but I would love to see a holiday MATE thread. People ARE looking for those nice combos like that, but you have to find the right person who likes that combo and is either already working on it or wants to work on it.

What's the value of a 3G PB alt. Undine? (With alt. parents too).

I'm trying to trade one, but I have no idea what's its value .-.

To the altless Ender, a CB Ice. To most other people, probrably depends on how many alts they have.

I've seen a lot of mid gen tinsels/ shimmers from past years popping up lately (particularly tins from the original lines) how much are these worth? I was under the impression they were fairly useless at this point...

It really varies according to the line and who is looking. I've been breeding 4th-5th gen prize offspring on a fairly frequent basis in an effort to get more CB hatchlings. I always ask for one CB hatchling of any kind and I've gotten everything from no offers at all (where I end up just giving the egg away to make room) to CB blusangs or offers of multiple CB commons.

How much would Holly Promises from a pretty lineage be worth? As in, perfect Spiral or Even-Gen. They are both very long, but almost all Hollies are messy nowadays.

How much would Holly Promises from a pretty lineage be worth? As in, perfect Spiral or Even-Gen. They are both very long, but almost all Hollies are messy nowadays.

Depends on how long and how prettily lineaged i imagine. It could probably net you a 3-4th gen prize but not cb metals i would think

- almost all Hollies are messy nowadays.

If this past christmas was any indication it seems to me to be getting easier to find nicer hollies. I found three or four 4th-6th gens in the AP that had nicely patterned lineages, without having to spend a whole lot of time looking.

If yours are very long I don't think you would get anything very rare for them unless it's a unique lineage.

Couple of questions...

First, what's the "protocol" on waiting for a trader's decision? In general, if I do not get an accept or a decline within 6 hours and I see another interesting trade around, I cancel the first one. I sympathize with the traders stating that they are still considering but ...well, I'm considering too. Am I being too strict?

Second... Is that just me or are we already seeing the consequences of a bigger pool of prizes? Note that I was all for increasing that pool and would rejoice if those consequences were real, since a shift on the "trading market" was what I was hoping for. I'm under the impression that 3rd Gens have now the value that 4th Gens used to have, not more than one Silver, or one or two Coppers, or a couple of Almandines, tops. Well.. if I had a CB Gold or CB Silvers, I would be saving them to trade for a 2nd Gen. Am I the only one?

Couple of questions...

First, what's the "protocol" on waiting for a trader's decision? In general, if I do not get an accept or a decline within 6 hours and I see another interesting trade around, I cancel the first one. I sympathize with the traders stating that they are still considering but ...well, I'm considering too. Am I being too strict?

I think that's perfectly fine - after all they're your dragons and you are free to do with them as you please, and that includes trading them to whom you want. And: Not all of us have the time to wait for six hours or more after a trade offer, many users only have a couple of hours in the afternoon or evening that they can play DC. So if it was a time zone issue - bad luck, but nobody is going to feel offended because in that case they probably haven't seen the offer anyway before you canceled it. If they have seen it and simply decided to let you wait - well, if they take the time to wait for a better offer, it's their own risk that you do the same and come across a better trade in the meantime.

To sum it up: I think you're free to cancel any offer at any time, it's your dragons and you decide who to offer them to and when you want to offer them to someone else.

Second... Is that just me or are we already seeing the consequences of a bigger pool of prizes? Note that I was all for increasing that pool and would rejoice if those consequences were real, since a shift on the "trading market" was what I was hoping for. I'm under the impression that 3rd Gens have now the value that 4th Gens used to have, not more than one Silver, or one or two Coppers, or a couple of Almandines, tops. Well.. if I had a CB Gold or CB Silvers, I would be saving them to trade for a 2nd Gen. Am I the only one?

Not sure, I got a cb gold for a 3rd gen holiday stair recently. But I stated in my trading post that I really need that gold (and that I'm willing to add stuff for one), and the other person was someone who catches them frequently, so maybe they were just feeling generous. I rarely traded prizes before, so I don't have any comparison.

(So now that I have a second cb gold, would you guys please produce the egg I need for that IOU?!)

Couple of questions...

I know the feeling. I have an offer for a trade...and been waiting for almost two days for the person to make up his/her mind! I personally would never wait nearly that long to accept/decline, but that's just me. Only reason I haven't canceled my offer is because I haven't seen another one to 'transfer' my offer to.

I'm definitely seeing more 2-3rd gen prizes up on offer, though many are still only asking for CB medals or swaps (or specific lineages I don't have). I did finally get my first 3rd gen earlier this week in a spot of 'right place/right time' luck. Heck...I have a CB Silver and CB Coast Pyralspite up for trade, but no one is biting so far (folks seem adverse to PMing me it seems: I don't bite!).

Couple of questions...

As others have said, you're totally within your right to cancel and take your trade elsewhere whenever you like. happy.gif

That being said, I just wanted to note that some people aren't online more than once in a 24 hour period. Personally, I denote whether or not I'm a prolonged form of AFK in my trading posts, but most people don't do that - they might still be at work or otherwise away from the internet, though. smile.gif

What "please don't cancel, I'm considering" really means, as far as I'm concerned, is "I do pay attention to my trade and decline the things I don't want" - it's information for you that you know that you're not stuck in a trade where the user really doesn't know about the existence of the decline feature (to exaggerate). Basically, it's mild signalling: You're not being ignored, I'm aware of you.

That's all it is. smile.gif

Prizes have dropped in value for more than half a year now. It's nothing I'd see as direct effect of the new ones.

Okay, is a CB Gold or Silver too much to ask for this? http://dragcave.net/lineage/aSPqn Is it too little for a Brown Copper? I'm desperately seeking a CB Gold, but all the trades are asking for very low-gen Prizes that I don't have, and can't get. (Not everyone is rich people!) So any semi-decent eggs I can get I've been putting up for trade. Advice would be much appreciated! Alternitivly, what would this be worth if it hatches alt? http://dragcave.net/lineage/b4gGm

Edited by shadowfighter

Okay, is a CB Gold or Silver too much to ask for this? http://dragcave.net/lineage/aSPqn I'm desperately seeking a CB Gold, but all the trades are asking for very low-gen Prizes that I don't have, and can't get. So any semi-decent eggs I can get I've been putting up for trade. Advice would be much appreciated!

That is not worth a CB Gold. Try getting at least 3 of those types of eggs and putting a 3:1 trade up.

Hello,

A bit of a weird question maybe, since the breed in general is not really rare, but does anyone happen to have an idea on how much a CB Nebula from Alpine is worth?

I've found those to be much more dificult to obtain than Desert ones, and as a related example, in my collection of about 200 CB Nebulae only 6 of them are from Alpine, if I'm not mistaken.

Are they considered rare at all out there, what could one expect for it, in particular from someone who would have an actual use for it and is looking for one?

I've traded some of them for Paper hatchies before, and as I recall, those trades were completed so quickly that I have a feeling I may have been underestimating their trade worth. xd.png

Thank you! smile.gif

Okay, is a CB Gold or Silver too much to ask for this? http://dragcave.net/lineage/aSPqn Is it too little for a Brown Copper? I'm desperately seeking a CB Gold, but all the trades are asking for very low-gen Prizes that I don't have, and can't get. (Not everyone is rich people!) So any semi-decent eggs I can get I've been putting up for trade. Advice would be much appreciated! Alternitivly, what would this be worth if it hatches alt? http://dragcave.net/lineage/b4gGm

3rd gen prizekins are worth almost nothing, except to some collectors who'd give you a couple of common hatchies at most. 2nd gen prizekins can sometimes go for a cb gold, but only if it's a pairing the other person is really desperate for.

You could try to pm people who often catch golds and ask them if they'd trade you one for multiple hatchies (I'd say something like 15-50 is reasonable). Putting bundles of decent eggs up for trade and asking for a rare in exchange usually doesn't work. Search for people who have golds up for trade and pm them, that works better. Tell them what you have, and offer to influence and hatch the stuff you offer and/or to add common or BSA hatchies of their choice. Be prepared to often hear "no thanks", but eventually it'll work smile.gif

The 3rd gen black is worth a brown copper at most, if it alts. More likely a tan ridgewing or red dorsal.

@ZzelaBusya: I agree that nebulas from the alpine are much rarer than those from the desert. Not sure if they're much more valueable because of that. Nebulas are a popular breed in general, but apart from interesting copper lineages I don't see any real use for the alpine ones. They're an oddity though, so maybe that's why your trades got completed so quickly? Personally, I wouldn't pay more than an unbreedable, but I might be underestimating their value as well...

Edited by Ha-Ki

3rd gen prizekins are worth almost nothing, except to some collectors who'd give you a couple of common hatchies at most. 2nd gen prizekins can sometimes go for a cb gold, but only if it's a pairing the other person is really desperate for.

You could try to pm people who often catch golds and ask them if they'd trade you one for multiple hatchies (I'd say something like 15-50 is reasonable). Putting bundles of decent eggs up for trade and asking for a rare in exchange usually doesn't work. Search for people who have golds up for trade and pm them, that works better. Tell them what you have, and offer to influence and hatch the stuff you offer and/or to add common or BSA hatchies of their choice. Be prepared to often hear "no thanks", but eventually it'll work smile.gif

The 3rd gen black is worth a brown copper at most, if it alts. More likely a tan ridgewing or red dorsal.

Well shucks, I guess my bias is affecting what I ask for. I place pretty high value on dragons based of lineage, not breed. So trading is usually pretty hard to do as a lineage collector. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it mind.

Edited by shadowfighter

Hello,

A bit of a weird question maybe, since the breed in general is not really rare, but does anyone happen to have an idea on how much a CB Nebula from Alpine is worth?

I've found those to be much more dificult to obtain than Desert ones, and as a related example, in my collection of about 200 CB Nebulae only 6 of them are from Alpine, if I'm not mistaken.

Are they considered rare at all out there, what could one expect for it, in particular from someone who would have an actual use for it and is looking for one?

I've traded some of them for Paper hatchies before, and as I recall, those trades were completed so quickly that I have a feeling I may have been underestimating their trade worth. xd.png

Thank you! smile.gif

I just recently saw someone offer 3rd gen prizes for them, so definately much rarer then the desert ones

Would a CB Hellfire hatchie be worth a CB Male pink hatchie? I really need to know. I'm super new to trading... Thank you!

Edited by oddinomaly

Would a CB Hellfire hatchie be worth a CB Male pink hatchie? I really need to know. I'm super new to trading... Thank you!

I'd say that pinks are slightly more valuable than hellfires, because they're quite coveted for influence.

Pinks are BSA dragons, that for one makes them more valuable then normal commons and uncommons. CB Pinks are more valuable in comparison to bred Pinks and other CB BSAs because they share the same description as Flamingos and thus make them a bit harder to catch. I'd say one Hellfire isn't going to snatch a CB Pink hatchling unless someone is a hoarder or really likes/needs Hellfires. 2~3 normal hatchlings sounds reasonable.

I need some CB flamingos for a breeding project, which I'd initially thought would be easy to get. But because of the holly competition, I'm not sure if that'll happen. What would you say would be a good price for a CB flamingo?