Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

On the other hand, is it unrealistic to ask for 2 CB hatchlings, a CB nebula, or a 2G ice from M silver for 3G stairstep metals? I haven't gotten ANY offers so far and I thought I was being pretty reasonable because I offered both of the metals for the 2G ice :/

Here are the lineages:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SzfhM

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1zOwz

I think those largely suffer from being stairs, which outside of prize lineages aren't sought after much. If you were offering a 3G evengens, you might make that price more easily.

Generally speaking, 3G metallics are very hit or miss. Most people tend to want 2Gs - and with the CB metallic spree we had in 2013, so many people have CB metallics that it's fairly easy to get 2Gs. That's driven the value of 3Gs down very sharply.

But: You should be able to get what you're asking for, you may just have to be patient about it. It's not unreasonable at all. I'd certainly offer those things if I didn't abhor stairs (outside of unbreedables)... and didn't think I have more than enough metallics already. laugh.gif

What all would 3 CB Gold eggs, a female CB Gold and an ungendered CB Silver be worth? Im very curious as to what I can get with them.

p.s. are these spriter alt offspring worth anything?:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4L6JD

https://dragcave.net/lineage/l6S9Z

Shadow walker alts seem to be worth the least of all spriter alts, so the single alt lineage is so-so, maybe worth a trio or other uncommon, buncha hatchies maybe?

The other would probably bring a better price if it were a strait up checker, but it's still nice and should get you something decent in return. I'd offer if I had room, and if my silly dragons were more cooperative in breeding for me lately.

What can I get for a dino?

Edit: Can I get a PB 2G Yellow Undine? Or a Coast/Alpine Pyralspite?

Thank you for answering my question biggrin.gif

Another question: How many Halloween hatchling IOUs can I get for these?

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

What all would 3 CB Gold eggs, a female CB Gold and an ungendered CB Silver be worth? Im very curious as to what I can get with them.

CB silvers and golds are very valuable. People will offer several for a 2G prize.

Can I still get a CB gold for a 3g bronze shimmer?

sometimes. smile.gif

it depends on line, general availability of cb golds in cave, and various other little things -

also, the months after prizes are given out, most people look for 2gs rather than 3gs, and this complicates trading.

My friend won a gold shimmer. Her first breeding was a no interest, but she wants to trade as soon as possible to get some good stuff. It's fun being vicariously greedy through her (lol) so I'm wondering how much she could get? She has zero cb metals so I think that's what she wants first. Is a pair of both silvers and golds too much?

Thanks!

My friend won a gold shimmer. Her first breeding was a no interest, but she wants to trade as soon as possible to get some good stuff. It's fun being vicariously greedy through her (lol) so I'm wondering how much she could get? She has zero cb metals so I think that's what she wants first. Is a pair of both silvers and golds too much?

Thanks!

for a 2g gold shimmer with mate of choice? where can I get that cheap a trade? please pm. biggrin.gif

@ whitebaron: lol, that's why I came here. We have no idea!

One of my friends who won actually got 7 CB Metals (not including Coppers) for just one of her 2gen Bronze Tinsels, so I'm pretty sure you can ask for MUCH more than just a pair of Golds and Silvers for a 2gen Gold Shimmer, of course it still depends on how much she values her prize babies herself. biggrin.gif

Are offspring from this dragon worth much less because the original CB mate was killed?

Yes. Not to mention 5gs don't trade for much to begin with. >___<

Is the first 3G Prize from a specific mate from a 2014 shimmer worth a messy Neglected for freezing? I'm so nervous about breeding my first 2G Prize for trade because I'm not sure what I'd ask for it.

I don't think so. NDs are very scarce nowadays and I only really see them listed for CB Golds or 2g Prizes. I also have several 2g Prizes from 2014 Shimmers myself and haven't ever been able to find an ND trade for their offspring. Granted, I'm not usually trying to do so because I don't think it'll work, but the few people I've contacted haven't seemed interested. sad.gif

Probably anything you want. Any limitations you bump into will probably be due to user things (ex: prize owners / spriter's alt owners having their lists closed already) rather than your offer not being worth it.

How much would absolutely epic names be worth? Like exact pokemon names, one word name names, Clash Of Clans, ect.?

How much would absolutely epic names be worth? Like exact pokemon names, one word name names, Clash Of Clans, ect.?

It varies... Most people aren't willing to trade away such names unless they can get another equally good name in exchange.

Try The name traders.

QUOTE (EnderEcho @ Feb 27 2015, 05:41 AM)

It varies... Most people aren't willing to trade away such names unless they can get another equally good name in exchange.

Try The name traders.

I have the names, I'm trying to trade them.

I have the names, I'm trying to trade them.

Ah, I might have misunderstood then. I know you have the names, but you're not trying to swap your names for other names but dragons instead?

Unless a name is exact (like Apple, Colour, Pencil, Jack, etc) I doubt it'll get much, anyone can get around an original name by adding something before or after it. Still heavily depends on who's actually interested, people who are into collecting perfect names or those who's actually interested in the name itself might pay a lot.

In the names thread I see people offering 2gen prizes, etc for very specific perfect names and some are offering just CB hatchlings. It's hard to pinpoint an exact value on names.

So I have a 2g Silver Shimmer from Mistletoe, which (luckily) gendered correctly, but I don't have a CB Mistletoe to continue the line :1

I do, however, have a 2g from spriter's alt to mate him to until Christmastime, which will look like this

user posted image

So what would be the smartest thing to do? Would I get the best value from:

Keeping him and breeding him with that mate until Christmastime, and later making 3g checker babies;

-or-

Trading him off for some CB metals;

-or-

Swapping him for another Silver Shimmer, which I can continue?

Thank you C:

So I have a 2g Silver Shimmer from Mistletoe, which (luckily) gendered correctly, but I don't have a CB Mistletoe to continue the line :1

I do, however, have a 2g from spriter's alt to mate him to until Christmastime, which will look like this

user posted image

Keeping him and breeding him with that mate until Christmastime, and later making 3g checker babies;

-or-

-or-

Thank you C:

It completely depends on you. Personally I'd keep and trade for a 2G Mistletoe from Silver Shimmer next Christmas, and make perfect checkers. Unless you're one of those people who plays DC for "market profit" or whatever, then there is no 'best value'. It's whatever you want more. If you can find a 2G swap with a mate you like, probably do that. Don't keep it just to breed 3Gs for "value".

user posted image

-or-

-or-

Thank you C:

I would keep it and get some 2G mistletoes from another silver shimmer to continue the line and create a perfect checker. Shimmer checkers are hard to come by, and if you can grab a 2G mistletoe from another silver shimmer, that line might be really valuable.

But as The_Bucket said, don't make decisions purely on value. You can also do what you think would be the most fun; this is a game, after all.

thank you very much for the responses, that was fast ;v;

Oh no, I just meant, would it make sense to keep the 2g, as in will it's offspring later on be worth anything? Checkers are rare but they're rare because they're rather hard to continue, and with the amount of prizes floating around I'm afraid by christmastime the babies won't have any value at all

I totally didn't mean to sound so cold-hearted unsure.gif

Oh no, I just meant, would it make sense to keep the 2g, as in will it's offspring later on be worth anything? Checkers are rare but they're rare because they're rather hard to continue, and with the amount of prizes floating around I'm afraid by christmastime the babies won't have any value at all

Of course the babies will have value. Maybe not any more than a stairstep, but they will definitely have value. 3G prizes are currently very valuable regardless of checker, stairstep or spiral, and if the offspring of that aren't valuable in a year or so it'll be because the value of 3G prizes crashes, not that specific one. Again I'm going to recommend swapping if you get an offer (preferably not IOU) with a pairing you like a lot, otherwise keep. Completely up to you though (I love that pairing).

What is a paper worth? I'm not going to swap it for another unbreedable, but cb (un)commons (rares?) or 2nd gens from specific lineage.

Third gens with both pairs special will have lots of trading value.

@irercha I think you could probably get that pretty easily.

I have a CB brown copper, would it worth a 2nd gen Shimmer?

I mean, most of the Shimmers I have produce 4th and 5th gens, and lately I can't trade any at all. I have the feeling that at this moment only 3rd and 2nd gen Shimmers worth anything, but it seems that I can never get one, not even in those rare moments of the year when I get a damn CB Gold or Copper. This is one of those rare moments and I am not getting the offer I wished and soon the CB Copper will mature and get stuck on my scroll... sad.gif