Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Have: Chicken with code that is slightly interesting (acronym for multiobjective evolutionary algorithms) lineage

Question: What CB/low gen breedable could I ask for it once hatched? I'm wanting an idea of what is fair to accept for it.

Edit: I took a CB Magma. I would still like to know what's fair for future reference.

Edited by JBluewind

I have seen owners of cool coded eggs asking for things such as CB Gold/Silver and even 2nd gen prizes. The unique coded eggs are mostly commons, and not always CB.

Is it realistic at all to ask for such things just for a code of a dragon, doesn't matter if it is a common or not?  blink.gif

Regarding codes would I be about right in saying it needs to be

- all numbers or

- a five letter word with 'tidy' caps or

- a perfect palindrome

to be valuable beyond its breed's baseline?

I don't expect I'll be able to trade away 'Qrats' for instance, and I didn't manage to sell 'l1Lly'.

Some people might also really need/want a specific code, and will be willing to give a lot to get that specific one. It really depends on who sees it.

I can only speak for myself and don´t claim to be a trading expert but maybe my opinion helps you a bit nonetheless.

A CB common with a nice code is worth more than a CB common with a random code, yes. Sometimes lots. That depends on the code. What ObsessedWithCats said about sums it up what makes a code special. And there are enough collectors around that enjoy not so perfect codes like (sOuL8), (Orca4) and (1hURt) (all mine wink.gif). Some collectors are interested in lineaged codes too, but they are definitely worth less than a CB code, especially when it´s a messy lineage.

Is a certain code worth a CB Metal or 2nd gen Prize? For me personally definitely not. Because I don´t have either lying around and because hunting for codes is much easier than hunting for Metals to swap for the codes that others catch. That does not mean that you can´t get Rares for a special code. I recall getting a CB Copper for a CB code once. But I ended up without any offers often enough.

When trying to trade codes I would recommend to name a few things that you are interested in but add that you will look at any offers. And you might want to visit the Dragon Codes V2.0 thread. Some collectors show off their treasures there. It might give you a feeling for what is desirable and what is not.

I just caught a cheese.

I know they are not worth a ton, but would one CB uncommon (like tsunami) or two bred commons be a fair thing to ask for?

I just caught a cheese.

I know they are not worth a ton, but would one CB uncommon (like tsunami) or two bred commons be a fair thing to ask for?

I'd say yes.

Also, @Alexiel Dragoness for example, for a code like (quell) [which I have, by the way] I might have given something uncommon or rare if I had it on hand. Definitely not a 2nd gen prize, prizekin or CB gold/silver. However, if the code was (Mouse), even with messed caps, I would have seriously considered giving CB gold/silvers (if I had any) maybe even 2nd gen prizekins if the owner of the prize said it was OK.

I should be able to get a few Drake hatchies for a CB Magma, right? (I'm hoping so, that's why I picked it up! xd.png)

Would a couple second gen PB Coppers be worth 8 messy common hatchlings for freezing?

Edit: What do those of you who have traded to get your first CB Gold recommend for getting one? And for those of your who have traded CB Golds, what is the least amount of anything you would take for one? I've been trying, and failing to catch one in-cave, and everyone trading them wants second gen prizes or other CB metallics that many people don't have/can't get. So any advice on how to get one would be much appreciated!

Edited by shadowfighter

Moving this here from Tiny Little Questions

Edit: What do those of you who have traded to get your first CB Gold recommend for getting one? And for those of your who have traded CB Golds, what is the least amount of anything you would take for one? I've been trying, and failing to catch one in-cave, and everyone trading them wants second gen prizes or other CB metallics that many people don't have/can't get. So any advice on how to get one would be much appreciated!

Back when I could catch them, I typically traded a CB gold for a lineaged Neglected - which was tricky, since most people make caveborn ones, but it worked out.

The last CB gold I traded, though, was 'simply' for six CB Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines (they were less extinct then). I'd originally asked for four CB Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines, but someone responded to my offer to give me six Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines, so I accepted that, of course.

So, I think a Halloween hatchling IOU might get you something. That being said, I wouldn't do that, personally, since CB Halloween hatchlings are worth more to me... though I suppose that's obvious, since I made the trade as above. xd.png

Since that's not an acceptable trade, perhaps put it in your signature? Though signature-wise, "looking desperately for a CB gold, willing to commit to any payment I can supply" or something along those lines is probably sufficient.

What about alt dragons? Ones with nice/short lineages, like 2nd gen PB. How many (if any) of them would be fair for a CB Gold or Silver?

ETA: Alts like alt vines and alt blacks

Edited by RulenneClarissa

golds and silvers are basically in their own league, save neglecteds and prizes up to 3rd gen (2g from spriters).

so any trade that's done besides this, is really just someone "rich" (read: doesnt need it) being "nice". (read: asking for something he values highly, but is not a really rare thing)

and you can't really codify rules for that. 40-80 cb hatchies seems like a good start, and you can go from there with more uncommon breeds to maybe get a lower price.

hey guys~ I grabbed this off of the AP, and was quite surprised. It is a 3rd gen checker from tri-horn and ice, but it is also all thuwed! Is it worth anything rare?

hey guys~ I grabbed this off of the AP, and was quite surprised. It is a 3rd gen checker from tri-horn and ice, but it is also all thuwed! Is it worth anything rare?

Well it's inbred so that alone will turn some people off it, others might find it kind of cool and be willing to trade uncommon things for it. Trios maybe, checkers from spriter alts, possibly a copper or pyralspite maybe. Doubt it would get anything like cb metal or really low gen prize, but I could be wrong about that, there probably aren't very many players who can breed 3g inbred thuweds. tongue.gif

Moving this here from Tiny Little Questions

Back when I could catch them, I typically traded a CB gold for a lineaged Neglected - which was tricky, since most people make caveborn ones, but it worked out.

The last CB gold I traded, though, was 'simply' for six CB Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines (they were less extinct then). I'd originally asked for four CB Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines, but someone responded to my offer to give me six Halloween hatchlings and two CB almandines, so I accepted that, of course.

So, I think a Halloween hatchling IOU might get you something. That being said, I wouldn't do that, personally, since CB Halloween hatchlings are worth more to me... though I suppose that's obvious, since I made the trade as above. xd.png

Since that's not an acceptable trade, perhaps put it in your signature? Though signature-wise, "looking desperately for a CB gold, willing to commit to any payment I can supply" or something along those lines is probably sufficient.

I did the same thing last year (on the other side). I figured CB Halloweens were my best bet to trade something "attainable" for a CB gold. I hoarded/traded what I could and then kept 6 eggs for 7 days until they had just hours left and hatched them. Then I offered to trade them for a CB Gold or ND. I ended up getting the ND last year, but next year I'm going to try for a CB gold. I've heard of some people doing the same thing on the season change... Collecting a bunch of seasonals on the last day and then trading them for a CB metal as hatchlings a week or more later. I keep forgetting to try that strategy myself.

I have two questions, since I normally gift more than trade.

1. I was just wondering what are 2G Polished Stone dragons worth? Of course I'm referring to the Orange and Pink ones, since the ones from the Volcano are pretty common.

2. Are 2G PB Trio or Blusang eggs worth CB or 2G Golds/Silvers or Coppers?

I'm trying to get some more 2G metallics, but I'm doing the best with what I have. ^^;

I have two questions, since I normally gift more than trade.

1. I was just wondering what are 2G Polished Stone dragons worth? Of course I'm referring to the Orange and Pink ones, since the ones from the Volcano are pretty common.

2. Are 2G PB Trio or Blusang eggs worth CB or 2G Golds/Silvers or Coppers?

I'm trying to get some more 2G metallics, but I'm doing the best with what I have. ^^;

I don't think 2gen PB Pyralspites are worth a whole bunch, even if it is the Spessartines and Almandines. If there's someone working on lineages then you might get a hatchling for one? I'm not too sure myself though, I haven't seem much 2gen Pyralspites traded publicly that isn't some sort of prizekin.

2gen PB Trios and Blusangs definitely isn't worth CB Metals or even 2gens unless you find someone working on lineages who can't breed their own Trios or Blusangs, 2gen Coppers you might be able to trade.

Edited by suskekun222

So are CB Nebulas caught in the Alpine in high demand? Makes me remember all the ones in the past I've seen just sitting there.

I don't think 2gen PB Pyralspites are worth a whole bunch, even if it is the Spessartines and Almandines. If there's someone working on lineages then you might get a hatchling for one? I'm not too sure myself though, I haven't seem much 2gen Pyralspites traded publicly that isn't some sort of prizekin.

2gen PB Trios and Blusangs definitely isn't worth CB Metals or even 2gens unless you find someone working on lineages who can't breed their own Trios or Blusangs, 2gen Coppers you might be able to trade.

Okay. That seems fair. Thanks! happy.gif

2g golds/silvers = cb red/brown copper

2g coppers = for free or cheap.

2g pyrals = less in demand than 2g coppers, thus price is very low.

i am one of those who breed their metals solely for trading/lineage purposes. It helps to look out for those trades and have many of your dragons available. Typically, its stuff that's obtainable for everyone as cbs, but to ardous to collect or breed everything yourself.

What is this shiny worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/qem42 I've seen fourth gens go for CB Coppers or low gen silvers and golds. Recommendations?

you should definitely be able to get a cb copper for that. (don't get your hopes up for a green, though)

2g metal, if you are unspecific in what you want, is possible too. Very specific pairings might be very hard to trade for.

sadly, the user named "42" seems to be inactive these days. he might have been more generous.

Thank you for your reply! smile.gif

So, 3 of my vines hatched as alts yesterday (I seem to be on a roll, since last time there were also 2). Since CB Gold/Silver aren't likely, I'd like to try and trade them for CB Nhiostrife hatchlings (for my main lineage). How many would be fair to ask per Vine hatchling? Is 6 fair or too many? Naturally, I'll be willing to take an IOU's since they take time to hatch.

Thank you for your reply! smile.gif

So, 3 of my vines hatched as alts yesterday (I seem to be on a roll, since last time there were also 2). Since CB Gold/Silver aren't likely, I'd like to try and trade them for CB Nhiostrife hatchlings (for my main lineage). How many would be fair to ask per Vine hatchling? Is 6 fair or too many? Naturally, I'll be willing to take an IOU's since they take time to hatch.

I think if they are nice breedable 2 or 3gs you could probably get that. I'm seeing a good amount of vine alts lately though so that could make it a bit harder, maybe a 'best offer' of nhio hatchies would be good?

What is a second gen Prizefail from a 2014 line worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/y7s5S on the trade I've set up, I've asked for either: 1 CB Gold, or 2 CB Silvers, or 2 CB Green Coppers, since I don't have a CB Gold and or any CB Green Coppers, I'm trying to get my scroll goals taken care of.

Edit: Okay, so I just caught a Sesspartine Pyralspite. What would it and the Prize-fail be worth together? Could I get a CB Gold for the both of them?

Edited by shadowfighter

What is a second gen Prizefail from a 2014 line worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/y7s5S

what I have paid for 2g prizefails recently

* 12+ common hatchies

* paper hatchie + pretty lineage hatchie

* magma + pink

* 2 somewhat more uncommon hatchies

* a low time bsa hatchie

oh, and a 4g prize

so a little bit of all over the place xd.png

Edited by Tawanda001

How much would 2 Purple Opals (one hatchie) and one green Opal be worth if they are all CB?

And a Spring seasonal?