Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Also: what's more valuable, cave-born (these are the randomly spawned ones, right?) or bred?

(Sorry for my total noob-ness biggrin.gif )

In most cases cave born rares are more valued than bred rares, while nicely bred commons are more valuable than cave born commons. smile.gif

This is because people want cave born rares so they can make their own lineages or breed low generation ones, but anyone can get cave born commons, so ones that have already had a lot of work put in to make a pretty lineage with them are worth more than the dime a dozen caveborn ones.

What can I get for two CB vine hatchlings

Two different cb common hatchlings. If you're looking for trade fodder, try hatching 2nd gen alt vines, the cb ones are really common.

I see, thank you Ha-Ki and angelicdragonpuppy. That cleared up a number of things. Much appreciated!

Could I get a messy tan Ridgewing or red dorsal for them?

I'd say while it's a fair trade, it's hard to find exactly that kind of trade. But it's definitely worth a try, especially with all those incu-hatchable eggs in the AP smile.gif

I'm looking for a 2G sweetling from a moonstone dragon. What do you think that would be worth? I know that 2G sweetlings are pretty expensive. I am able to breed a 9G bronze prize with a nice line. Do you think that would be good enough?

9th gen prize dragons are worth nothing, it's sometimes even hard to gift them. I think you'll easily get a trade if you offer RA hatchies, because everyone is freezing them this year smile.gif Or other nice-lineaged holiday hatchies. They're better trade fodder than you might think. Also, there's a lot of nice people out there who don't sell their 2nd gen sweetlings too expensive. Maybe pm a couple of older users with cb sweetlings and simply ask them what they'd want? Good luck!

9th gen prize dragons are worth nothing, it's sometimes even hard to gift them. I think you'll easily get a trade if you offer RA hatchies, because everyone is freezing them this year smile.gif Or other nice-lineaged holiday hatchies. They're better trade fodder than you might think. Also, there's a lot of nice people out there who don't sell their 2nd gen sweetlings too expensive. Maybe pm a couple of older users with cb sweetlings and simply ask them what they'd want? Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I can raise a few RAs, and PM some people.

Is it just me, or is nobody interested in 3rd gen checker valentines sad.gif

I still have to breed multiple of my 2nd gens, but since the start of the breeding period, I did not get a single offer on any of them. And that while I'm open for everything from my wishlist blink.gif

Edited by OrcaFreak

Is it just me, or is nobody interested in 3rd gen checker valentines sad.gif

I still have to breed multiple of my 2nd gens, but since the start of the breeding period, I did not get a single offer on any of them. And that while I'm open for everything from my wishlist blink.gif

A lot of people want checkers, but I don't know that they'd be willing to pay rares for an assortment of them though.

Most people want them as mates so finding someone that wants more than one or two of what you are willing to breed would probably be difficult.

Also it's not obvious from your post that you are open to trades other than the rares you listed, so if you ARE willing to accept other offers maybe re-word your post?

A lot of people want checkers, but I don't know that they'd be willing to pay rares for an assortment of them though.

Most people want them as mates so finding someone that wants more than one or two of what you are willing to breed would probably be difficult.

Also it's not obvious from your post that you are open to trades other than the rares you listed, so if you ARE willing to accept other offers maybe re-word your post?

I agree with this.

I will also add that there are lots of people willing to breed for free, as well, or in exchange for other holidays. So that tends to bring the market price down, meaning that you can't really get rares for holidays unless yours is something extra special (spriter alts, 2nd gen from cb prize, a 2nd gen Holly at Christmas, that sort of thing). It's supply in demand, and so the only people who will really trade a rare for a 3rd checker valentine would be those who are desperate for that pairing (usually as a mate, but again "bloodswap" requests are more common for these) or haven't been able to snag a pretty-enough-for-their-tastes lineage of that particular breed from the AP.

Generally the "trading value" for holidays seems to be in offspring from alts (or 2nd gens from TJs holidays), CB prizes, 2nd gens (typically for the newest and some of the oldest from that holiday), and then there is a niche market for really-high-gen checkers and the like if you find someone looking for them (think 5+ gen).

I wouldn't trade CB coppers for 3rd gen valentines. It's too easy to trade other valentines I can breed, or nice incu-hatched hatchlings from the AP, or pick them up for free from the AP or departures threads.

3rd Gens are definitely the easiest to get, either by asking around or doing bloodswaps or like-for-like other trades, so I think of all the "nice" lineages they are probably the "cheapest". Especially since most everyone collects 2Gs, so 3Gs abound. I actually find that the 4Gs and 5Gs are worth more (speaking of checkers here in particular) because they are much harder to find, especially if you need a particular obscure pairing, so people are willing to pay more for them. For example, I was offered multiple 2G metals for one of my 4G holiday checkers at Christmas.

What would be a fair trade for a red dino egg? Sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but I rarely trade.

What would be a fair trade for a red dino egg? Sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but I rarely trade.

From my experience, unbreedables like dinos, cheeses, and papers are very coveted. People will pay a lot for them.

This has probably been addressed, but what is a 2G prize-fail worth these days? Are people really looking to collect them, or are only the Prize dragon 2Gs really valuable?

This has probably been addressed, but what is a 2G prize-fail worth these days? Are people really looking to collect them, or are only the Prize dragon 2Gs really valuable?

It depends honestly. Personally I'd pay quite a lot for one that matched one of my 2g Prizes (MMM CHECKERZ), but wouldn't really care at all about those that don't. I'd say they're worth less than 10% of what you could ask for a 2g Prize in most cases, though, unless someone is desperate.

Is a 2nd gen RA (X) worth? Am I likely to get any offers at all?

I think you'd probably get some offers, as they haven't been the easiest breed to catch. Personally I'd probably be willing to trade older 2G Valentines for it, CB commons, and maybe 5G prize? Because they were only given out last year, 2G are fairly common but there is a lower density of eggs compared to other breeds. Others may have a different opinion

I'm mostly interested in nice alt sweetling lines. Is that likely?

So...may be a bit late by now, but I'd say that was a possibility, yes

Okay I bred this egg, and I am wondering what may be acceptable. I think it may not be a desirable pairing as there has been little interest, so any help would be appreciated

Tinselkin

Okay I bred this egg, and I am wondering what may be acceptable. I think it may not be a desirable pairing as there has been little interest, so any help would be appreciated

Tinselkin

First off, I don't think 2G prizekins are /as/ coveted as before due to the addition of 600 new prizes. Also, most people are probably still locked from Valentines and don't have anything reasonable to offer you anyways. And lastly, I don't know too many bronze x pyralspite lines, so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

First off, I don't think 2G prizekins are /as/ coveted as before due to the addition of 600 new prizes. Also, most people are probably still locked from Valentines and don't have anything reasonable to offer you anyways. And lastly, I don't know too many bronze x pyralspite lines, so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

thanks for the response, I guess I won't be breeding him much at all dry.gif